The specifications of a computer include information about the RAM, the type of Operating System installed in it, and so on. You may find it necessary to know the specifications of your computer when you face any issues. You may want to know whether your computer has the minimum specification required to install a new program. Otherwise, your computer may not support the program at all. As a result, your computer slows down when you run that particular program. So, if you are a Windows 10 user, you must know how to check computer specs Windows 10 for your convenience.
Methods To Check Computer Specs On Windows 10
You can select the most suitable protocol from the solutions mentioned below to check your computer specs.
Check Your System Information Using Settings Application
- Open ‘Settings’, choose ‘System’ and click on the ‘About’ option.
- The Settings page then displays all the basic information about your system.
- You can save your time by opening the Control Panel and selecting ‘System’ to know the specifications.
Use System Information To Check Computer Specs
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu to access the search box.
- Now, type ‘System Information’ in the search box and press ‘Enter.’
- The ‘System Summary’ window opens containing the minute details regarding your system.
- Click on ‘Hardware Resources’ to know the list of hardware installed on your system. In the same way, you can select other components and find their details.
- Still, if you find that some information is not available, then type the required information in the ‘Find What’ box and hit the ‘Find Next’ button.
Check System Information Using Command Prompt
- Search for Command Prompt in the search box. Select Command Prompt, right-click on it and select ‘Run as Administrator.’
- Then, type ‘system info’ and press ‘Enter.’ You will get a detailed information about the hardware, Operating System, BIOS version, etc.
Check System Specs Directly From The Search Box
- Type ‘System Information’ in the search box and press ‘Enter.’
- Select ‘System Information’ from the search results and then move to ‘System Summary.’
- In the System Summary window, check RAM, processor and other specs of your computer.
- If you want to know the amount of storage space left on your PC, then click on ‘Drives’ and get the necessary information.
Know System Specifications By Using The Device Manager
- Press the Windows and ‘R’ keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run box and press ‘Enter.’
- In the Device Manager, expand a particular category to find the list of hardware under it.
- Right-click on a hardware and select ‘Properties’ to get a deep insight.
You may wish to save the system specifications if you want to share the information with someone else. To do that, open the System Information window and select the category which you want to store. Click on the ‘File’ menu and select ‘Export’ from the drop-down menu. Give a name to the file, go to the Directory and press ‘OK.’ It directly saves the file in your computer’s Directory.