Following the trail of technological advancement, the digital world is getting more advanced day by day. As such, it is quite natural that you will opt for the best. You need to boot into safe mode to start Windows, in its basic state. Moreover, Safe Mode enables you to start Windows using only a limited set of drivers and files. Therefore, always stay protected – Boot Into Safe Mode Windows 10
Overview Of The Problem
There is no denying to the fact that if you want to work with an advanced and secure digital experience, then Windows 10 Safe Mode is what you need. However, if you are conversant with Windows 10, you are likely to know that F8 or even SHIFT + F8 keys do not work in Windows 10. Therefore if you don’t know how to boot into Safe Mode Windows 10, then it is quite difficult at the first attempt.
However, if you are looking for the most relevant and effective information about the procedure to boot into the Safe Mode in Windows 10.
Know How To Enter Safe Mode In Windows 10
In case you don’t know the procedure to enter into the Safe Mode in Windows 10. Here we discuss the procedures that you require to follow.
Step 1: Press “Shift +Restart” on the “Sign In” screen of Windows 10:
If you are not conversant with the login procedure in Windows 10, need to open the Sign In Screen and press the SHIFT key. Click on the Power button with the SHIFT key still pressed. you will soon find a menu bar opening before you. Click on Restart on the menu bar and you will find the following options:
- To restart Windows 10 in safe mode, you have to choose an option- Select Troubleshoot
- Press the Advanced options and choose Start Up Settings. In case you do not find the option, press on the link “See More Recovery Options”
- Press on Restart
- Then choose the mode you want to enable from the available three options.
- Standard Safe Mode- click on the F4 or the 4 key
- Safe Mode in Command Prompt- click on F6 or 6
- Safe Mode with Networking- click on F5 or 5
Step 2: Cancel the normal procedure for booting Windows 10 three times:
In case the normal procedure to boot fails thrice in Windows 10, it gets into the Automatic Repair Mode by Default. You can use this mode to enter Safe Mode in Windows 10. However, you will have to interrupt the normal booting process thrice consecutively.
In order to stop the booting process, you are required to press on the Power or Restart button thrice before the booting process is over. When Windows 10 enters starts up with Automatic Repair Mode, you are likely to see a screen notifying you that the system is “Preparing Automatic Repair.” Following this,
- You may have to create an account, however, this is not mandatory.
- Wait for the System to automatically diagnose your computer.
- Then click on the “Advanced Options” button of Automatic Repair Screen.
- Choose Troubleshoot
- The steps that follow henceforth are the same as step 1
Step 3: Avail Command Prompt and Windows 10 installation drive:
Create a Windows 10 Set up DVD or a USB memory to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10. You can use the installation drive to boot into Windows 10 PC. Once created, you will find the link “Repair Your Computer” on the left-hand corner of your screen. Once done,
- click on the Troubleshoot Option
- Tap on the “Command Prompt” button from the “Advanced Options” Screen
- Once you finish, close the Command Prompt button and choose to continue on the screen that appears next.
- Once your computer restarts, Windows 10 boots into Safe Mode.
- You just have to log in with your user account that consists of administrator permissions.
Other Methods To Boot Into Safe Mode Windows 10
if you are wondering how to enter Safe Mode in Windows 10 in simpler ways, here you are. The steps that follow are just for you.
Method 1: You can boot from Windows 10 Flash USB Recovery Drive:
- Just create System Recovery USB Drive on a separate computer or else your system may stop working.
- Once you create, start Windows 10 and load the contents when asked. Choose your layout. You can avail the option Keyboard Layouts if you want.
- Go to Troubleshoot from “Choose an Option” Screen.
- To turn on your PC, follow the steps stated in Step 1. Follow the path Advanced Options> Startup Settings>Restart.
Method 2: Avail the System Configuration Tool
If you are not conversant with the technical know-how, the best way to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10 is to do so by using System Configuration Tool.
- Enter the words System Configuration in the Search field.
- Tap on the System Configuration Shortcut.
- Press the Boot Tap and choose Safe Boot.
- Click on OK.
A Note Of Advice
In recent times, it is only safe to stay updated and secured with the latest versions of the technologies. The steps that are cited above will serve your purpose effectively if you are willing to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10.