If the brightness of your Dell laptop is too low then, you might face problem while watching a video or reading something. Otherwise, if the brightness is too high, then it might lead to eye strain. Thus, in this case, you have to adjust the brightness of your laptop. Sometimes, it gets really difficult to adjust the brightness, directly from the taskbar. Hence, in this article, we are going to walk you through some possible methods on how to adjust brightness on Dell laptop. Further, in the case of Dell laptop brightness won’t change error, you get to know about some easy hacks to resolve it.
How to Change Brightness on Dell Laptop: Easy Methods
The methods on how to change brightness on Dell laptop are listed below:
- Using display properties.
- By using shortcut keys.
- Using Control Panel.
- By using Windows Mobility Center.
Method 1: Using Display Properties
To adjust the brightness, use the display properties. Go through the steps mentioned below:
- At first, right-click on the laptop screen.
- Then, choose Display Properties from the list.
- After that, click on Color Correction.
- Now, move the marker to left, to decrease the brightness. Move it to the right, to increase the brightness, in the section ‘Brightness Scale’.
- Next, choose the option ‘Apply’ and click on OK.
Now, check whether the brightness is adjusted on your laptop. If the brightness is not modified, then follow the methods listed below.
Methods 2. By using Shortcut Keys
You can change the brightness using the shortcut keys. Press the Fn key and the upper arrow key, at the same time, to increase brightness. On the other hand, press the Fn key and the down arrow key to decrease brightness.
Methods 3: Using Control Panel
Go through the steps as discussed below, to change the brightness using Control Panel:
- At first, press the Windows key.
- Then, choose Control Panel from the left column.
- After that, click on the option ‘Hardware and Sound’.
- Next, choose ‘Power’ Options and adjust the brightness, according to your preference.
Method 4: By using Windows Mobility Center
Follow the steps discussed below to change the brightness on your Dell laptop using Windows mobility center:
- Press the Windows key and type ‘Windows Mobility Center’ in the search panel.
- After that, click the requisite option from the list.
- Now, from the Windows Mobility Center’s window adjust the brightness.
Easy Steps to Resolve Dell Laptop Brightness won’t Change
Sometimes, while you are trying to adjust the brightness of your Dell laptop, you might find that the brightness does not get modifies. This issue usually occurs if ‘Adjust my screen brightness’ is set to automatic mode. Thus, to resolve the Dell laptop brightness won’t change issue, go through the steps mentioned below:
- Press, the Windows key and the I key, simultaneously to open the Settings menu.
- After that, click on Display in the Settings window.
- Next, remove the tick mark from right beside the box ‘Adjust my screen brightness automatically’.
Adjusting the brightness on Dell laptop is not at all a difficult task. Hence, go through the methods, as discussed above to adjust the brightness. Further, apply the fixes, provided in this article, if you are unable to modify the brightness and know how to adjust brightness on Dell laptop.