While accessing the Google Play Store and you may note that suddenly an error message ‘unfortunately google play services has stopped’ pops up on the screen. As a result, you can not download anything from the Play Store on your Android device. Most of the time, you might encounter this issue if the Play Service is not updated.
Well, this is a quite common and annoying error and you can easily get rid of it. Therefore if you want to know how to troubleshoot this issue, then stay with this article. Here we are going to discuss some practical and effective solutions, which will definitely help you to resolve this trouble instantly.
Methods to Resolve “Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped” Error
Now, follow the resolving procedures, to get information regarding unfortunately google play services has stopped fix on your own.
Method 1- Clear the Cache
If you want to fix the error, then at first, you should clear the cache from both the Google Play Store and Google Play Services. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to clear the cache from the Google Play Services.
- In the beginning, you have to go to the Settings application on your device. After that, you have to scroll to the App option.
- Next, you should scroll down below until you see the Google Play services. Once you find it, then tap on it. Then, you have to click on the Storage option. From there, you have to navigate to the Clear Cache.
- After that, you should click on the Manage Space option. Next, tap on the Clear All Data option.
Then, you have to follow the same steps for removing the cache data from the Google Play Store.
Remove the cache from the Google Play Store.
- At first, you have to navigate to the Settings app on your device. After that, scroll to the Application.
- Then, find the Google Play Store and click on it. After that, navigate to the Storage option.
- Next, you need to click on the Clear Cache option. Then, click on the Clear Data option.
Once done, then reboot the system and check if the issue has been troubleshot or now. If not, then don’t worry, here is another alternative for you.
Method 2- Update the Google Play Service
If the above solution does not bring the required result, then we suggest you update the Google Play Service to its best-recommended version. To do so, at first, go to the Home Screen of your Android device and click on the Google Play Store.
Then, you have to press the three-line menu which is located on the top left corner of the screen, then select the My Apps from the available menu.
Next, you can see all the installed apps. Then, you should press the Update All button, which is located on the top right corner of the screen. You should wait until the procedure gets complete. Then, reboot your device and if you still see the, ‘unfortunately, Google play services has stopped’ message on the screen, then move to the next method.
Method 3- Uninstall and Reinstall Updates
Sometimes, there might be an error associated with the version of Google service. Therefore, if all the above methods do not work for you, then we suggest you uninstall and reinstall the updates. Here are the steps that you need to follow to apply this method.
- At first, you should open the Settings app. Then, you have to click on the Security option.
- Next, you should tap on the Phone Administrators option. Alternatively, you can click on the Device Administrators option.
- Thereafter, you should click on the Android Device Manager. After that, a new page will appear on the screen. From there, you should click on the Deactivate option.
- Next, you should again go to the Settings application. After that, click on the App option.
- Then, navigate to the Google Play Services and tap on the Three-dot Menu Button which is located at the top right corner of the page.
- Thereafter, you should tap on the Uninstall option. Next, some online instructions will pop up on the screen. You should read them carefully and click on the OK button.
Finally, the uninstallation process is done.
Reinstalling the Updates:
Now, you need to reactivate the Android Device Manager. For that, follow the under mentioned steps:
Firstly, you should open the Settings app. After that, open the Security app. Then, tap on the Phone Administrators option. After that, you should click on the Android Device Manager option. On the next page, you should tap on the Activate option. Thereafter, a notification will appear on the screen. Click on the update, and then install the update.
Finally, restart your device and if you can unable to resolve the issue, then immediately move to the next method.
Method 4- Factory Reset
If none of the above methods work for you, then we recommend you to reset the device to factory settings. Before applying this method on your computer, we suggest you keep a back-up of all your important files and data. Then, go to the Settings app on your device. After that, you should find and click on the ‘Backup and reset’ option. Next, you should tap on the Factory Data Reset option.
You should wait until the factory reset procedure gets complete. Once done, then reboot the system and check whether the “unfortunately, google play services has stopped” issue has been resolved or not. If not, then move to the next method.
Method 5- Check the Time and Date
Sometimes, you might encounter ‘unfortunately google play services has stopped’ on your device if you enter a wrong time and date. If this is the reason behind the appearance of the issue on your device, then we suggest you check the date and time and modify it. For that, at first, you should open the Setting app on your device. Under this section, you have to find out the ‘Date and time’ option and then click on it.
Now, you have to choose the ‘Automatic date and time’ option. In case, you have already selected it, then you need to manually set the time and date on your device.
Note all the methods and troubleshooting tricks shared in the article. Make sure that you implement them well. Further, you can also leave a comment below and share your experience.