Yahoo mail is one of the most advanced email services across the world. Most of the users prefer Yahoo for sending and receiving emails for professional as well as personal use. But sometimes users are prone to email errors while using Yahoo mail. Yahoo mail error code 4 is one such error which often faced by many Yahoo mail users. Are you one of them? Then, this article will help you out from the issue you are facing.
Reasons For Yahoo Mail Error Code 4
Yahoo mail error code 4 is occurred due to many reasons. Some of them are the following:
Complete Connection Closed Of Email Services: Sometimes due to a network connectivity issue, you might not able to access your account. While working with your Yahoo email, a message will pop-up regarding the Yahoo mail error code 4.
Turned Off Email Sync Process: If the sync process of email gets turned off then you might not get any notifications regarding your email.
Unknown Users Working In Your Email: Sometimes some unknown users might hack your email ID and use it improperly, then also you can get this error code.
Troubleshoot Yahoo Mail Error Code 4: Easy Hacks
We discuss here some methods which help you to fix the Yahoo mail error if you apply them properly.
Method 1: Signing Out Process
If this error occurs, then you need to sign out from your account. Sometimes it automatically corrects the error. For signing out follow the below steps.
On the screen, navigate your cursor to the option ‘Your/My Account’ which you will get on the top-right corner of the screen and after getting the option make a click on that option. Now, you will able to see your account name and tap on that option. After that, go to ‘Manage Accounts’ option where you will get the ‘sign out’ option click on that.
Method 2: Managing Browser’s Cache
If the web browser cache memory is full, then the DNS server fails to convert a web address into IP address due to which you may not able to access your Yahoo account. Follow the below steps to clear the cache memory, browser history.
If you are using Google Chrome as a web browser, then follow the below steps to clear the cache memory, browser history and all.
- First, you need to type the following command in the browser bar
- A ‘Clear Browsing Data’ window will pop-up where you will get an option ‘Advanced’.
- Now, select Browsing History, Download History, Cookies and Other Site Data, Cache Images and Files.
- After that, ‘Time range’ drop-down menu will appear, where you need to select the range of clearing the entire Cache. If you want to permanently delete, then select ‘All Time’.
- Now, tap on Clear Data option. After that, click on Exit option which will close the all the browser windows and then re-open the browser.
When the Browser is Firefox, then follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you need to go to the History menu.
- After that, select the ‘Clear Recent History’ menu.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, you need to select the ‘Time Range To Clear’ option and then choose the desired range to clear your entire cache.
- After that, click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history you want to clear, also the entire cache and select all items.
- Finally, click on clear now. Now, click on Exit/Quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Method 3: Restart Phase
After completing the phase restart your Web browser. This procedure looks simple but is capable of fixing many issues.
Hope the above methods will help you to fix the Yahoo mail error code 4 in no time. After applying the above methods, if the error still persists, then get in touch with professionals.