Without any doubt, Windows is one of the best Operating System used by a huge number of users in recent ages. But, in due course of time, Windows update error 0x8024402c can occur. This is an unexpected issue that may occur due to various reasons. This particular error code diminishes the performance of the system and leaves the users puzzled at the same time.
Unfortunately, if you are also encountering the same issue, then this article will be beneficial for you. Here, we are going to illustrate some excellent tricks that will surely help you to get rid of the glitch at an instant. So, read the entire guide and execute the steps exact order provided.
Why Windows Update Error 0x8024402c occurs?
There are some significant causes that are the main reason for what you might get the issue. So, have a deep look at the causes and the symptoms that are responsible for the error.
- Due to a strong setup of Firewall, users may encounter this particular error code on their device.
- Seldom the junk files block the memory of the device and won’t let you update the device as well. As a result, it displays 8024402c error code too.
- Due to invalid network settings, LAN settings, and update settings, this problem may arise.
- By any case, if the System Files are configured wrongly, then this causes such an annoying issue.
- Installation failure is one of the main reason that is equally responsible for this glitch.
- If you are connected with a bad or unstable internet connection, then it is pretty possible that you may face the same issue.
Symptoms of Windows Update Error 8024402c
When users face this 8024402c error code it shows some symptoms that won’t allow updating the PC as usual. After research, we have come up with some of them. Have a look at the indications first.
- The external devices such as the keyboard, mouse become unresponsive, as well as, starts to malfunction.
- Error code “8024402c” continuously appears on the screen.
- Your system freezes constantly without any accurate reason making you puzzled.
- Error code 8024402c crashes the programs and the applications that are active on your device.
Technical Solutions to Fix Windows Update Error 8024402c
Here, you will find some effective methods which will help you to overcome the error code 0x8024402c Windows 10. Moreover, it helps you to enhance the performance level of your device too. But, it is highly recommended to perform the methods exactly in the same format provided and do not skip any step.
Solution 1: Enable Automatic Detect Settings
By any chance, if you are not sure about how to connect to the internet, and face this error code, then this method is the perfect one to fix the issue. The very first thing you have to do is to, start the Internet Explorer. After that navigate to the Settings option. You can find this at the very top right of the screen. Then, select the Internet icon and click on it. Now, have a click on the LAN Settings option, and then move to choose the Connection option. Now, you have to check on the “Automatically detect settings” option. At the final step, you have to strive to download the Windows updates that are available for your device. Verify if you have successfully solved the issue or not. If not, then move to the next method.
Solution 2: Delete Invalid Characters from the Proxy Exception list
It is suggested that you must clear the proxy settings option always. It will help you to prevent your device from navigating unresourceful servers. Perform the steps to clear out your proxy settings.
- First of all, you have to launch Internet Explorer in your device.
- After that, move to the Settings option and click on it.
- Now, choose the LAN settings by tapping on it.
- Then, tap on the Advanced icon. Make sure that “Use a proxy server for your LAN” option is marked with a tick.
- Now, you have to clear the Exceptions box, if you find any content there.
- After that, tap on the OK button and close the Internet Explorer as well.
- Now, run the Command Prompt and type the following commands in the blank box and hit the Enter key after putting each command.
- netsh winhttp reset proxy
- net stop wuauserv
- net start wuauserv
Finally, try to update the Operating System and check if the issue gets solved or not.
Solution 3: Operate the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows 10 has an inbuilt troubleshooter which can detect the faulty area and fix the issue automatically. The very first thing you have to do is to, click on the Start option and move to the Settings option. Here, you can see a gear symbol in the top left of the screen. Then, look for the ‘Update and Security’ option. After that, you have to move to the Troubleshoot option as well. Now, select the Windows Update and you have to follow the instructions that are shown on the screen. Now, you must start the Internet Connection Troubleshooter and check if you are still confronting the same glitch or not.
In the above article, we have described all the probable solutions to resolve the Windows update error 0x8024402c issue. But, if you find any complication, then never think twice to post about it in the comment box below. We will be happy to receive your feedback.