In recent times, technology is definitely the call of the hour. Along with technological advancements, however, you need to ascertain the security measures. This is where all the digital security tools come into play. These tools ensure that your digital operations are secure. Windows Defender is one such security tool. It is, in fact, an inbuilt security tool which comes with every Windows 10 PC and if you want to find out how to turn on windows defender, then there are instructions for that as well. The tool is specially devised to help you keep a track of all the sites that you visited as well as the files that you downloaded. However as they hold it, no technological device is entirely glitch-free. Therefore, if you are under the impression that Windows Defender tool is absolutely perfect, we suggest, you better revise the opinion because you are very wrong.
Overview Of The Problem
Windows Defender may be an immensely beneficial security tool, but, it is not free from problems. A recurring glitch that you are likely to come across while using tool is Windows Defender Error Code 0x80073afc. Such an error is undoubtedly quite baffling, in case you don’t know how to fix it. No need to ruffle, in this article, we are addressing some effective guidelines to help you with the error.
How To Fix Windows Defender Error Code 0x80073afc – Simple Strategies For You:
In this section, we provide you with effective guidelines which will help you sort the glitch in no time.
Method 1: Try Using System Restore
Windows Defender Error Code 0x80073afc may be pop up if you have made any modifications in your settings or if you have installed certain programs on your PC. In such cases, the programs might intervene in the operations of Windows Defender causing the error to pop up. Now in case you face a similar issue, the safest thing for you to do is to avail System Restore in order to effectively restore the PC. In order to do that, you simply need to follow the steps we cite below:
- At first, you need to switch on the System Restore feature on your computer.
- Once done, you will have to find out the System Restore by using the Search button on the Windows 10 computer. Then you need to tap on ‘Create a restore point’.
- Once you do this, you shall find a System Properties Windows popping up on the computer, which contains all the necessary settings. You need to activate ‘Protection Settings’ from the System Properties Windows. Please ensure that protection is enabled or activated on the System Drive or Local Disk C.
- If in case it is disabled, you need to choose the local disk and tap on ‘Configure’ button to enable protection. You need to allow maximum disk space to System Protection to ensure that it operates effectively. Please keep in mind that you need to set it in such a way that its size accounts for a couple of gigabytes. Once done tap on ‘Apply’ and on ‘OK’ thereafter.
- Once you have successfully completed all the above steps, the Operating System will automatically create a restore point as and when you make any modification in the Windows System.
- The moment you enable the System Restore, revert back the modifications to the computer and make sure all the documents are backed up properly. A back up is necessary System Restore might otherwise delete the documents.
Further Steps To Follow
- Once you have enabled System Restore, you need to follow these steps further to complete the entire process.
- Search out for System Restore by means of the ‘Search’ button. and tap on ‘Create a restore point ‘
- Following this, you need to enter System Protection Window and then tap on ‘System Restore’.
- Now within the System Restore Window, you need to choose the option named “Choose a different restore point” and click on the ‘Next’ option thereafter.
- Once done, you need to choose the restore point that you have saved before manually. Or else, you are at a liberty to choose a restore point from the list. Once the selection is complete, now continue with the process followed by pressing ‘Next’ button. Once you have completed the process of restoration successfully, you will automatically revert back to the previously saved state.
In case the first method didn’t work for you, you can always try out the second method that follows.
Method 2: Updating Windows
At times the older version of the Windows prove incompatible for the Windows Defender, under such cases, there are chances that you may come across Windows Defender Error Code 0x80073afc. It may as well be caused owing to a late installation of the Windows Defender tool. Sometimes, the latest version of Windows Defender is not suited for the old Windows version. In such cases, we suggest you update Windows afresh. At least you can try to do so in order to resolve the problem. Just in case, you wonder how to do that? We are there to help you out.
Follow the instructions listed below:
To initialize the process, you need to tap on the Windows key and the ‘X’ key simultaneously. Doing this will activate a special context menu. You may also right-tap on the ‘Start’ Menu bar. this will do the same thing. After that, you need to select ‘Windows Powershell’, which is also the ‘Admin’. Once done, you need to get into the Powershell Console type ‘cmd’ and wait till the Powershell switches to ‘cmd’ mode.
Following this, you need to type the command “wuauclt.exe /updatenow” in the’ cmd’ console. After you finish doing this activate the ‘Run’ command for around half an hour and check whether all the updates have been properly installed.
Method 3: Reset The Windows
The glitch should be sorted out if you have folowed the second method correctly. However, in case it fails, don’t worry. We have a still better alternative for you. You can try resetting the computer. This is indeed the final solution to the problem. In case you are tensed about the procedure, worry not. The process is pretty simple. Follow the steps below.
Steps To Follow.
- Go to Settings. In order to go to Settings, tap on the gear icon from the Start Menu. Then you need to choose the option ‘Update & security’ And then tap on the ‘Recovery option’ in order to open the Recovery tab.
- Upon completion, you will receive three options from the Windows. The options are:
- Reset this PC,
- Go back to an earlier build and
- Advanced startup.
- Choose’ Reset your computer’ option. This will enable you to reboot the recovery USB drive or Disc and then enable the “Go to an earlier build” option. Doing this you can revert back the Operating System of the previous version.
- Next, click on ‘Get Started’ under the option ‘Reset your PC’ Once you do this, you need to tap on Remove everything,” or “Keep my files” depending on whether you want to keep your files unchanged or not. However, both the options will revert back the settings to their default state. It will also uninstall the apps.
- After this choose either ” Remove files” or ” Just remove my files” and clean the respective drive and tap on ‘Next’ in case you receive a warning message from Windows that you will not be able to revert back to the previous version of the System. Then click on ‘Reset’ when asked.
- Once done Windows will reboot and after a couple of minutes, it will reset. Finally, click on ‘Continue’ option.
With the guidelines we offered, fixing Windows Defender Error Code 0x80073afc will only be a plaything to you. So, what are you waiting for? Try out the methods we cited above and get rid of the problem in an instant.
Antivirus softwares are something that you rely on to ensure security of your computer. So in case anything goes wrong, you’ll have to fix it fast.
For that, there are all the instructions that you might need, right here in this website ErrorCode0x.