Windows 10 is the latest member of the Windows OS family. It contains various types of features and properties in it which help users in lots of ways. Apart from that, it also offers improved security and connectivity application which helps in the error elimination process. However, even with all these features, from the day of release, users are expressing different types of issues on their Windows 10. One such common problem is Windows 10 error code 0xC004F014.
In order to help those type of users who are facing problems with their Windows 10, we have gathered a bunch of possible solutions for this issue. So, in this topic, we will discuss Windows 10 activation error 0xC004F014 and its solution.
Causes Of Windows 10 Error Code 0xC004F014
The error code 0xC004F014 primarily occurs during the Windows Activation process. Many Windows 10 users face this error when they try to activate the OS. Instead of the Activation message, they get an error message saying “We couldn‘t activate Windows” with the error code 0xC004F014.
There are many things that can generate the error code 0xC004F014 on a Windows OS. Here are a few examples of those causes.
Application Of Different Product key
If a different version of windows is installed on your system, or a different product key used on it during the system repairing or upgrade process. Then, it is possible that the key or OS blocked Microsoft due to copyright issue. And that blockage is causing this error in your device.
2.The Counterfeit Version
If you are using a Counterfeit Version of Windows OS, then any normal product key won’t work for it. To know about its activation process, you have to visit that site from where you get the OS files.
Another reason for this error might be present in the Hardware section. Sometimes, Windows OS removes the OS Activation if any major component is defective like motherboard or hard Disk have made into the system. However, this thing rarely happens and very few users have expressed it.
Easiest Solutions For The Windows 10 Error Code 0xC004F014
The error code 0xC004F014 is one of the most frustrating issues of the Windows 10 OS. And it has created an infamous reputation for itself. However, it contains simple and straightforward solutions which can be performed by any users.
Some of the prime solutions of Windows 10 error code 0xC004F014 is given the below section:
Use Phone Call
If you are facing this error activation after upgrading the Windows OS from 8.1, then you can solve it with the help of a phone call. In this process, if the user possesses a genuine license key of the Windows 10 OS, then he/she can call on the toll-free automated phone number to activate their copy of Windows OS. This process is primarily designed for activation errors like this. And many users have got a positive result after using it. Now, if you want to uses this then follow the instructions given below:
- First, open the Windows Run dialogue box by pressing on the “Windows Key + R’
- Then, on that box, type “Slui 4” and hit the OK button.
- Now, a window will appear on the screen. Choose your country or region there and then hit the Next option. This process makes sure you have selected the right one. Otherwise, you won’t be able to make a call and complete the verification process.
- Now, over the call, you have to provide your Installation ID verbally.
- After this, they will provide you with a confirmation ID.
- Type that confirmation ID on the Windows Activation page and hit the Next button.
Once you do that, the Windows will get activated despite of the error code 0xC004F014.
By Using The Innate Activation Troubleshooter
In the Windows OS, you will get plenty of in-built troubleshooting tools and options. All of them can fix plenty of OS related issues. However, many users have used the Activation Troubleshooter tool for this error and some of them get a beneficial result from it. In order to perform it, follow the steps provided in the next section:
- Open the Setting page by clicking on the Gear Icon ( Setting Icone) which is present in the Start menu section.
- Then, on the Setting Page, click on the Update & security option and enter the page.
- There you have to tap on the Activation tab which is located on the left side of the page.
- Inside that tab, you will find the Troubleshoot option. Click on it. But you won’t see the Troubleshoot option if the Windows is activated.
- Now, if the “do you allow the program to make changes to your computer” permission message appear on the screen, then hit Yes. It will appear on the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
- After this, the Activation Troubleshooter will try to find a problem and issue in the Windows activation process.
- If it displays “Windows can’t be activated on your device”, then hit “I changed hardware on this device recently”. Now, you have to add your Microsoft account to your device.
- On the next page, select the device (computer name) that you are currently working on and want to re-activate it by using your linked digital license. Then, check the box beside the “This is the device I’m using right now” option and hit the Activate button.
- However, if you didn’t see your device name on the list, then check your Microsoft account. And make sure you have to add that Microsoft account which is connected with Windows 10 digital license.
- If everything falls in the correct place, then the Windows will get Activated.
Use The Default Key
Another trick that you can use on this error is the Default key method. In the Windows OS, users can activate their OS with the help of a default product and later on they can add the real one. Now, we are going to use this feature or loophole of the Windows OS for our error elimination task.
- To begin, first, you have to create a text file with the help of the Generic registration key for Windows 10 Pro. Then, you have to type the default product key on its name. And then, create another text file which contains your new product key.
- Then, disable all the network devices present on your system.
- Now, reboot your system and once it wakes up, copy the text file.
- After this, right click on the Windows Start icons and launch the context menu. On that menu, click on the System option.
- On the System page, you will find the Change Product Key option on the bottom left corner of the page. Click on it.
- A new window will appear on the screen, paste the generic registration key there and hit the Start Upgrade option. Now, the update will begin. This will take some time, so be patient about it. While this process is running, your system will reboot itself several times. But don’t freak out.
- Once the process is complete, re-open the System page. This time your Windows Edition should be labeled as Windows 10 Pro.
- Now, copy the real Generic Registration Key text file, and then, enable the network devices.
- This time on the System page, you will get two options Change Product Key and Activate. Click on the Change Product Key option.
- Paste the file on the appeared box and hit Next option.
After a few minutes, you will get your copy of Windows 10 Pro is activated message. Once you get that reboot your system. This will make sure everything is placed correctly.
Chance The Product Key By Using The Command Prompt
If you don’t want to use the default key method, then you can perform that same task by using the Command Prompt. But before doing that make sure you typed the new product key into such places where you can see it while working on the Command Prompt.
- In this method, first, press the “Windows Key + X” and open up the WinX menu. On that menu, you will find the Command Prompt (Admin) option. Click on it.
- On the Command Prompt window, type “vbs -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx” and hit the enter key. In the cross-section, put your real product key.
- After the command is successfully executed. Close the Command Prompt and reboot your system.
Now, you have to wait for a few days in order to apply the new product key properly and remove the error.
We hope that the above solutions are helpful to you regarding the Windows 10 error code 0xC004F014. For more tech-related info keep following our articles.