Toshiba external hard drive error code 10 is one of the basic issues that you may encounter on the Device Manager. This issue generally pops up when the Device Manager is unable to start the hardware device. Sometimes this error code may display on your Toshiba screen, due to the outdated drivers. Moreover, this issue also appears if the Device Manager does not understand the external hard drive. Any model of Toshiba system might face this error code and once you get it, you need to resolve it immediately as it can lead to some serious damages. Now, go through the practical solutions mentioned below in order to eliminate this issue immediately.
Possible Causes Behind Error Code 10:
Generally, this Toshiba external hard drive error code 10 occurs on your Toshiba machine when the Device Manager cannot be able to load the external disk. Sometimes, If you are using an outdated operating system, then also it can lead towards this issue.
If you have deleted some important files by fault or downloaded some corrupt files, then also, this error code may show on your device.
No matter whatever be the cause for the generation of this error on your Toshiba system, there are always some easy and practical solutions which you can use to troubleshoot this issue.
Easy Hacks to Troubleshoot and Fix Toshiba External Hard Drive Error Code 10:
Now try the undermentioned solutions one-by-one and check whether this issue gets resolved or not.
Solution 1: Restart Your Machine
Sometimes, if any temporary problem is associated with the Device Manager, then the best option for you to restart your Toshiba computer. Often it is found that little things can make huge changes. So, you have to reboot your device and check. If this error code still occurs on your device, then move on to the next method.
Solution 2: Undo the Recent Changes
If you made any changes before the appearance of this error code 10, then try to undo the recent changes and after that, check the status of this error code. What you need to do is to uninstall the newly installed drivers. After that, reboot your computer and if you still deal with this issue, then go to the next method.
Solution 3: Update the Drivers
Sometimes, by updating the device drivers, you can get rid of this issue automatically. Here are some steps that you should follow to apply this solution. Have a look:
- In the beginning, go to the Home Page of your Toshiba system and click on the Start icon.
- Now, type ‘Settings’ in the search field and press the Enter button. After that, the Settings window will appear on your screen.
- In the Settings page, you have to scroll down below, until you see the ‘Update & Security’ option. Once, you find it, then click on that and a new window will show on your screen.
- In the next page, you can see a lot of options. From there, you need to click on the Windows Update button.
- After that, you need to click on the Check for updates option.
- In case, any update is available, then it will be updated automatically.
You have to wait for sometime, until the completion of this updating process. Once you are done, then again reboot your machine.
Update the Drivers Via Device Manager:
Now, if you want to update the drivers via the Device Manager, then do the following:
- So, again go to the Home Page of your device, and type Device Manager in the search field
- Once the Device Manager page pops up on your display, you should expand the list. Then, click on that hardware driver that you want to update.
- After that, you need to right-click on that device and click on the Update Driver option.
- In the next page, you should click on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.
Once, you have completed all the above steps, then reboot your machine and a new version of the driver will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Solution 4: Check the Physical Connection
If you still deal with this error code 10, then you need to check the physical connection. Sometimes this can be a possible cause for the occurence of this issue. Therefore, you have to unplug all of your cables and check it. In case, any replacement is needed, then do the needful. At first, shut down your machine and wait for 10 seconds. After that, turn your device again and check if any change is happening or not. Unfortunately, if you still face this issue, then there is another solution provided for you.
Solution 5: Check the Power Management
You have already applied the above solutions. However, if none of them work for you, then you should check the power management settings of your device and if any change is required then do it. Hope this method might work for you. Here are the steps that you should follow to apply this method on your device.
- First, click on the Start icon and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ within the search field and after that, press the Enter button.
- This will lead you to the Device Manager window. In the Device Manager, expand the list and tap on the ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’ option. Then, you need to right-click on the ‘USB Root Hub’ and after that, you should click on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Then, go to the Power Management page and uncheck the dialog box which is located beside the ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’ option.
Finally, reboot your Toshiba system and if you still encounter this Toshiba external hard drive error code 10 on your system, then proceed to the next method.
Solution 6: Update the Operating System
In case, you have not updated your operating system for more than one month, then you have to update your operating system to its latest version. To do so, at first, you have to visit the official page of your operating system. After that, search for the best-recommended version of your operating system. Once you find it, then click on that and after reading the online instructions carefully, click on the Apply button.
Wait for sometimes and then reboot your machine. If the issue still persists on your device, then go to the next solution.
Solution 7: Replace the Wireless Card
Sometimes, after replacing your wireless card, you can resolve this error code 10 on your own. This is a very simple process, what you need to is to simply disconnect it from the expansion slot and plug it in a new card. However, this method is not necessary and if all of the above solutions do not work for you, only then you can try this method.
Hope with the help of the above steps you can quickly fix this Toshiba external hard drive error code 10. In case, you face any such situation where you fail to troubleshoot this issue on your own, then we recommended you to consult with a technical expert to overcome this critical situation.