It is really amazing to see how fast you get acquainted with Skype. Therefore, if you are encountering issues with Skype connecting, there are some of the things you need to take into account. What will happen if the app fails to connect? Well, that might be the worst case scenario. It can activate the feeling of separation and negligence among potential users. Henceforth, don’t let negative observations overpowers you. Totally it depends on your limit to eradicate this annoying problem of Skype cannot connect error. Henceforth, follow this informative content to catch hold of the effective fixes to combat Skype can’t connect error issue.
Things you need to Consider if Skype can’t Connect Error Recurs
- Firstly, you need to examine whether the device has a proper internet connection.
- Then, you need to check the latest version, as well as, the security software or Firewall settings in order to ensure they are not blocking the skype.
- However, if you are not linked via the internet with the help of a proxy server, you have to examine settings associated with the network administrator.
Effective Fixes for Skype can’t Connect Issue
Let’s take a look at the major fixes for the above issue
- Examine Skype heartbeat.
- Scanning the P.C for malware.
- Skype update.
- Windows update.
- A configuration of Firewall.
- Uninstall as well as a reinstall of Skype.
- Backup your Registry.
- Configuring Skype connection settings.
- Renew of Network Settings.
- Update network adapters drivers.
Examine Skype Heartbeat
Examining Skype Heartbeat is the foremost thing that you need to consider if you are unable to connect Skype. In order to inspect Skype status, you can:
- Visit the official Skype status webpage.
- You need to open classic Skype and follow this path:
Scan PC for Malware
The worst part of the story is the Skype connectivity issue is mainly caused by malware. Henceforth, you need to run a full system scan. To identify and beat malicious virus, you can use certain software.
If you want to work seamlessly with Skype, you need to update it periodically. Else, the app may create several problems. In order to upgrade the recent version of Skype, you need to follow the below steps.
- Move to the official website and then, you have to follow the links to obtain the recent version.
- You need to open the classic Skype app for desktop. After that, you need to follow certain steps. First, you need to move to the Skype option and then, hover on to the Help option. Then, you need to check for updates. Either you select Update Classic Skype or go for the new Skype option.
If Skype can’t connect issue recurs, you should monitor your Windows 10. Sometimes, it appears to be an uphill task. However, the good part is the OS will search and will automatically download the pending updates. Go through the below-steps to know about it
- First, you have to hold the Windows logo key as well as the I at the same time. Then, move to the ‘Update and Security’ option. After that, you can check for updates.
- You will get all the available updates.
- Wait for sometime till the installation process gets over.
- Now, reboot your desktop.
- Examine whether Skype is OK now.
However, after performing the above steps you face this Skype can’t connect issue, follow the rest of the article. The next method is a much-required solution.
If Skype can’t connect error Windows 10 persists, the firewall can be the culprit. You need to configure it for the proper functioning of the Skype app
- First, you have to shut down the Skype app. Then, you need to ensure that this is not running in the background. You need to use the Task Manager for this.
- Next, you have to open the firewall. Furthermore, look for the entire list of applications on your desktop.
- After that, look for the Skype entry. Then, permit Skype to connect to the internet. Next, you need to save unsaved changes.
- Finally, you need to restart Skype.
If the issue still persists, you need to take more drastic action. Henceforth, go ahead with the rest of the methods for a fresh start.
Uninstall and Reinstall of Skype
Whether you like this or not, you have to first uninstall and then, reinstall skype to combat Skype can’t connect issues. In order to start the process, you need to keep a backup of the history.
- Hold, the Windows logo key as well as the R key at the same time. Then, you need to write “%appdata%\skype” in the Run box. After that, click OK.
- Then, you need to copy My Skype Received Files folder, as well as, Your Skype Name folder.
- After that, you need to move them to a different location.
In order to uninstall Skype, follow the below methods:
- Again, you have to hold the Windows logo key, as well as, R key at the same time. Now, write ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the Run box.
- Then, hover on to the Programs and features option. Furthermore, hit the Skype option. After that, right-click on it and then, press the Uninstall/Change option.
- Next, you need to follow the prompts in order to uninstall Skype.
- Moreover, navigate to the C:\Program Files path. Then, you need to look for the Skype folder, as well as, the skypePM folder. After that, delete them.
Backup the Registry
In order to overcome Skype can’t connect error Windows 10, you have to uninstall the Skype app completely. It implies that you need to remove Skype entries from Registry. However, please take into account that you need to perform the steps very carefully. Henceforth, we advise you to keep a backup of the registry before moving ahead.
- You have to hold the Windows logo key as well as the R key at the same time. Then, you have to write ‘regedit.exe’ in the Run box. Now, tap Enter.
- Then, navigate to the Registry Editor option. Next, choose registry keys which you wish to back up. After that, click the File option and then move to the Export tab. After that, choose the location as well as the backup file name. Finally, click on Save.
System Restore Point
Moreover, you can build a system restore point for the purpose of restoring the system to its original function if something went wrong. In order to create a system file, go through the below steps
- First, you have to hold the Windows logo key as well as the R key at the same time. After that, write ‘restore’ in the Search box. Next, you need to create a restore point.
- Then, you have to move to System Properties. After that, click on Create. Next, you have to hover on Describe the restore point you want to create an option. Finally, tap Create option.
Configure Skype Connection Settings
If you are using a proxy server, you need to configure Skype connection settings which can easily remove Skype can’t connect issue. In order to connect the Skype app to the proxy server, you need to perform the following steps
- First, you need to move to the Skype option. Then, navigate to Tools and then click on Options. After that, press Advanced option and click on Connection.
- Then, you need to specify the proper proxy option. Now, provide host and the port details.
- Next, you need to provide proxy username and password.
- You need to click on Enable Proxy Authentication.
- Now, you need to save unsaved changes.
- Then, shut down the skype. You need to ensure that it is no longer playing in the background.
- Finally, you need to restart the skype and examine whether it is OK or not.
Renew Network Settings
If the annoying Skype can’t connect issue continues, you need to work on the network usage. However, if this very high, your bandwidth will get overloaded. In order to resolve Skype connection issues, go through the below steps
- You have to close the network heavy apps as well as programs.
- Then, renew network settings. Moreover, in order to refresh the network settings, you need to use Command Prompt
- Next, hold the Windows logo key as well as the X key at the same time. Then, move to Command Prompt and press YES. Now, you have to provide the following commands pressing Enter option after each of them.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
- netsh int tcp global autotuniglevel=disabled
- netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
- netsh int tcp show global
- Then, you need to select the PC. You need to reset the entire network and for that, you have to follow the below steps:
- First, click on the Start option. Then, move to the settings option. Moreover, you have to go to Windows settings. After that, you need to go to the ‘Network & Internet’.
- Move to the Status option. Now, you need to click on the Network Reset option.
- Moreover, press Reset now. Finally, you need to reboot your P.C.
Update Network Adapters
Obsolete network adapters can sometimes lead to Skype can’t connect error Windows 10 issue. Henceforth, in order to get your app back on track, you need to fix driver issues. So, follow the below steps to do that:
Using Device Manager
- The foremost thing you need to do is to hold the Windows key as well as the X key simultaneously.
- Then, you need to move to Network Adapters. After that, you need to press on the adapter which the driver wants to update. Now, click on Update.
- Now, you have to wait for the process to complete.
- Then, you need to reboot your desktop.
Troubleshoot the Drivers Manually
You can handle the driver issues in a systematic way. Just move to the official website and then download the recent driver versions of adapters. Then, you need to go ahead with the manual installation.
To Sum it Up
In a nutshell, this article will give you a thorough informative overview on how to fix Skype can’t connect error. By following this blog, you can easily overcome the major issues easily and enjoy seamless service. Moreover, to have a quick glance, you can refer to the user manual. Also, you can provide your valuable comment in the comment section present at the bottom of the website.