Sometimes, while using the QuickBooks desktop version, you may come across an error message reading ‘Error 3371, Status Code-11118.’ Once this error message pops up, you can’t access QuickBooks desktop, and thus, all your work is unnecessarily hampered. The situation is extremely frustrating, as with the accounting software malfunctioning, you can’t proceed with your important accounting works. Needless to mention, this can be a serious problem for any company’s accounting requirements as well. However, frustrating as it is, this error 3371 has some fixes that you can try. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss the exact fixes that you need to perform to resolve this issue. So, if you are a QuickBooks user, and encountering this error 3371 status 11118 on it, you need to go through this article thoroughly and apply the fixes mentioned herein to resolve the issue by yourself.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 3371?
Error 3371 on QuickBooks desktop can occur due to several reasons. The more prominent reasons for this error are:
- An outdated Windows OS.
- Security software that quarantines some important QuickBooks files.
- A corrupted, damaged, or missing license information of QuickBooks in the system’s hard drive.
Apart from these, there can be a number of other reasons as well. Whatever the reason is, you can always refer to the solutions mentioned below to fix the QuickBooks error 3371 on your Windows PC.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 3371?
There are a number of solutions you can try to fix the error 3371 on QuickBooks desktop. Just follow the solutions in the order given and resolve the issue in no time.
Fix 1: Update The Windows OS
The QuickBooks error 3371 can occur due to an outdated version of Windows OS. So, the first method you need to try to fix this error is to update the Windows OS. Follow these steps to ensure that the Windows OS is up to date.
- Click on the Windows logo and select Windows Update from the list of programs.
- Follow the instructions to install the updates.
- After updating the Windows OS, install QuickBooks and check if the issue resolves.
Fix 2: Delete The .ecml File
To install QuickBooks desktop, you need to enter a license number and a product code for the validation process. The encrypted file containing this information is required to be stored in the hard drive. If by any chance this file gets damaged or corrupted, it may show error 3371 when you try to access QuickBooks. To resolve this issue you need to delete the entitlement file and re-register the product. Follow these steps to delete the said file:
- Quit QuickBooks.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together from the keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and sort the processes alphabetically by clicking on the Process Name header.
- Now, end all the processes named QBW32.EXE, by clicking on each of them and selecting End Task after that. Quit Task Manager.
- Press the Windows key + R together from the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and hit Enter.
- Look for a file named ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml.’ Select it and hit the Delete button from the keyboard.
- Confirm the deleting process by clicking Yes.
- Now, run QuickBooks and re-register the product.
These are the solutions to fix QuickBooks error 3371 on your Windows PC. Hope, after following the solutions as mentioned, and applying them accordingly, you can resolve the error by yourself.