A printer offline Windows 7 issue has become very common to all. It indicates that the system failed to communicate with the connected printer. In this case, your computer thinks that the printer is in Off mode. It happens due to numerous reasons like a connectivity issue, faulty driver, etc. Although Windows 7 does not create any problem in the communication between PC and printer, still certain issues can come up.
Probable Reasons For Printer Offline Windows 7 Status
While working with your device you might encounter this issue. It happens for the following reasons:
- Connectivity Issue: Nowadays, most of the printer is wireless printers. They are connected with the device through Bluetooth. Sometimes, they not able to detect your PC’s IP address. And as a result, your PC thinks that the printer is offline. If it is a normal printer, then it occurs due to a problem in the connection between the PC and the printer.
- Outdated Drivers: Sometimes, due to the presence of malicious software in your PC, the drivers get corrupted. Due to this, you get the offline status while using your device. Also, if you are not using the updated drivers, then also it can occur.
- Files Confliction: If you have connected more than one device with your PC except for the printer, then the file confliction issue occurs. The files and firewalls of your devices get conflicted with each other. As a result, your PC fails to detect the IP of your printer.
- Installation Of Third-Party Software: If you have installed any third-party software in your device, like antivirus, then sometimes it unnecessarily blocks the IP of a printer and your PC unable to detect that.
Resolve Printer Showing Offline Windows 7 With Easy Troubleshooting Steps
Printer offline Windows 7 is basically a minor issue. We suggest you try some basic fixes which help you to resolve the problem in less time.
Method 1: Configure The Printer Spooler Settings
- Press Windows key and R simultaneously for launching Run dialog box. Then, type “service.msc” and then press Enter.
- A new window will open where you will get the list of Windows services. On scrolling down, you will get an option named Print Spooler. Double click on it and this will help you to manage printing jobs.
- Configure the Startup type of the service to Automatic in the Print Spooler Properties. If you see it is set as manual, then tap on the drop-down menu to change it.
- After that, navigate the cursor to the Start button and click on it. Now, wait until the Windows start the Spooler Service. After the completion of the Spooler Service, click on the Apply button and confirm the changes.
Method 2: Deselect Use Printer Offline Option
You can start the method by pressing Windows key and then select Devices and Printers option, which you get from the Start menu. After that, right click on the Printer and choose the option to See What’s Printing from the pop-up menu. In the new window, click the Printer tab and deselect Use Printer Offline option from there.
Method 3: Update The Printer Drivers
- Firstly, open the Print Management.
- Tap on Print servers, which you will get on the left pane of the Print Management.
- After that, click the Applicable Print Server and then tap on Printers.
- In the center pane, right click on the printer with the driver that you want to change or update. And then, click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab and select a new driver from the driver box, or click New Driver to install a new Printer Driver. And then click Apply.
Windows 7 is famous for its unbeatable features. It makes sharing files between your PC and the printer easy. But, being a technical device it is not free from glitches. Printer offline Windows 7 is one such glitch which restricts you to use your printer. In this article, we have discussed the processes in detail. If you go through this article and apply the methods without skipping any steps, then you will be able to fix this on your own.