You can get the Netgear Readyshare not working issue due to certain factors. Some of those causes are as follows: When you encounter this problem then, the external hard drive which connects with the Netgear router is the root of the problem. Due to the network problem also, you can get this issue. If the firmware of the router is obsolete, then also you might face this glitch. Even if, the Windows OS is outdated, then you can confront this problem. Sometimes, due to a feature Server Message Block or SMB on Windows OS which if turned On, can lead to this error. In the section that comes next, you will get the definition for the Readyshare.
Readyshare is a feature present on some of the Netgear router. This feature lets you connect an external hard drive or any flash drive on to the router. The drive that connects with the router will be available to all the people, who are present on this network or on the internet. Most of the USB drives will work with this feature, but some might not. So, check the compatibility list on the official website of Netgear Readyshare. In the upcoming section, you will get the solutions.
In this section, there will be various steps that will help you to correct this glitch in a simple and easy way.
Steps to Update the Firmware of the Netgear Router
When the firmware of the Netgear router, that you are using, is obsolete, then there is a chance of getting this problem. Thus, the best solution to eradicate this glitch is to update the firmware. For that, follow the steps underneath.
- First, launch the web browser and visit the official website. On that website, navigate to the search area and type the model number of your router to find the most compatible firmware.
- Once you get the specific firmware, then tap on the link ‘Download Now’ to download it.
- Next, open another tab and type the router’s IP address to enter into its setup page. Once the page comes up, then input the login credentials and the configuration page of the router will open.
- On the configuration page, navigate to the heading ‘Administration’ present on the left side of the page. Now, hit the tab ‘Advanced’ and hit the option ‘Firmware Update’. In some other models, you will have to go to the heading ‘Maintenance’. Under this heading, choose the link ‘Router Upgrade’.
- After that, select the button ‘Choose File’ and then, on the option ‘Download’ double-click it.
- Finally, after the download process is complete, choose the button ‘Upload’. In order to upload the firmware.
Windows Update Procedure
Here, at this point, you will get elaborate steps on the process of Windows update. In order to do it, follow the steps underneath.
- First, tap on the combination of ‘Windows + I’ keys altogether and launch the ‘Windows Settings’ window.
- When this window comes up, then find and select the category ‘Update & Security’.
- Now, on the page that is new, go to the left pane and choose the option ‘Windows Update’. This will open the page with the heading, that is the same as the option you have chosen.
- On that page, hit the button ‘Check for updates’. The Operating System will now search for the updates. If anything is available, it will automatically get downloaded.
- After the process of download gets over, then you will see a page full of updates. In order to update the OS, just tap on the ‘Install All’ button and the installation process will initiate.
- Wait for that process to get over. Now, when it is complete, reboot the computer.
Procedure to Deactivate the SMBv1 via Windows Registry
If the Server Message Block version 1 or SMBv1 is enabled, then you can face Netgear Readyshare not working issue. The only solution to get rid of this problem is to follow the steps below.
- First, hit both ‘Windows + R’ keys simultaneously to open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- When this dialog box opens then, type the command ‘regedit.msc’ and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- This will open a new window ‘Registry Editor’.
- On this window, enter the following key on the address bar – “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters”
- Now, go to the right section of this window and double-click on the ‘SMB1’ key. This will open a window with the name ‘DWORD SMB1’.
- Within that window, navigate to the label ‘Value’ and alter the number to ‘zero’. Here, the value ‘one’ means ‘Enabled’ and ‘zero’ means ‘Disabled’.
- Lastly, restart the computer.
At the end to fix Netgear Readyshare not working issue, just follow all the lines mentioned in the above section. If, even after following each and every line, you are unable to correct this problem, then do not panic. Provide the query, that you have, on the comment section below.