Around the world, many users of Windows have reported the Microsoft Store download slow issue. If you are currently facing this issue as well, and are not being able to use the Microsoft store, then let us tell you that there is nothing that you have to worry about.
The problem of Microsoft Store slow download speed is something that you will be able to fix on your own. And all the technical instructions that you are going to need for it, you are going to find right here in this article.
The Microsoft Store is a very useful resource if you are a Windows user as there are all kinds of cool downloadables that you can get from here. But the thing is that certain things can happen for which you will not be able to use this properly and arguably the most annoying among them is the slow download speed issue.
Let us now move further in this article and check out the solutions along with all the necessary details.
Why Does the Microsoft Store Download Slow
Before we go and check out all the technical procedures with which you will be able to resolve this issue. There are a few details that are going to be very important to cover.
These are the possible reasons why you might be facing the Microsoft Store download slow issue. As knowing about all of this is going to explicitly give you twofold benefits.
- First among them is that you will be able to avoid the technical problems which you might have caused unknowingly.
- Then, the other advantage that you are going to get is when you are going to implement all the steps they are going to be rather technical and because of that, a good understanding of the issue will help.
You are going to find all that information here in this section of the article.
One thing that is going to be very common here, is issues with the network router that you are using. This is rather common if you have been using the router for a long time.
Also on the software side of things, there is this technology which is called the Hidden Download Speed Cap. If this is active for any reason, then that can very well cause issues with the download speeds.
Again, if you do not have the latest system updates for the different programs that are related to Microsoft Store. That can also be a reason why you might be getting slow download speeds from the store.
If the cache memory section of the Windows store is full, then that will very likely affect the download speed. And that is going to be very much negative.
Ways to Resolve the Microsoft Store Download Slow Error
In this section of the article, we are going to show you how you will be able to solve this problem. The best thing to do will be to identify which of the different issues are causing the problem for you.
As with that, you will be able to go and apply the solutions right away and save lots of time. We have listed all possible solutions to the Microsoft Store download slow issue. You are going to find any of the solutions that you might need right here in this list.
On the other hand, if you do not know the exact cause of the issue in your case. Then also there is no problem. Just apply the steps one after another and that is going to solve the issue for you.
Register for the Microsoft Store Once Again
In case of problems with system files that are there for the Microsoft store identifying and troubleshooting each of them individually is a challenge.
But the perfect workaround for that is going to be registering for the Microsoft store once again. That is going to fix any issue that is there and you will get proper download speeds after that.
Here are the steps that are going to help you make that happen.
- On your keyboard, press on the Windows key and the R key all at once. This is going to bring up the Windows Run dialogue box from here.
- In the Windows Run dialogue box, go the search panel. And type in ms-settings:appsfeatures and hit the Enter key after that.
- That is going to bring up the Apps & Features window where you can scroll and find the Settings app.
- Look for the Microsoft Store option from that list and click on it.
- After you do that, look for the Advanced options section and click on it as you find it.
- Once you are in there, find your way to the Reset section of this and click on the Microsoft Store option. That will start the process of re-registering for the Microsoft Store.
After you have carried out all of these steps, you are now good to check if you are getting proper download speed from the store. In case the problem is still there, then you can go for the next solution that we have listed here.
Use the Windows Troubleshooter
One of the best things that the Windows operating systems have to offer is the Windows Troubleshooter.
This is a software tool which you can use to identify and then resolve a lot of different technical glitches. You will be able to do that from the system itself, which is very useful.
To resolve the Microsoft Store download slow issue here is the procedure that you will have to follow.
- Open up the Windows Run dialogue box by pressing on the Windows key and the R key.
- After you see that on the screen, go to the search panel. Then, type in ms-settings:troubleshoot and hit the Enter key.
- With that, you are going to open up the Settings app, and Troubleshoot tab of that to be specific.
- Now that you are in the Troubleshoot tab, scroll around to look for the Find and fix other problems option.
- After that, click on the Windows Store Apps and follow that up by clicking on the Run the Troubleshooter option.
- The system diagnosis is going to start now and you will have to wait for the process to complete.
- When the process is complete, look for the Apply this fix option and click on it after you find it.
- The troubleshooter tool will run the repair procedure and that is going to take some time as well.
Wait till the process is complete and once that is over, then you will have to restart the computer. This will solve the Microsoft Store download speed issue once and for all.
But again if this does not work, then you can go and start applying the next solution from this list.
Stop the Hidden Download Speed Cap Arrangement
This can be a really useful measure of restriction in Windows. But in this case, this is the very thing that can cause a slow speed issue. In the matter of downloading programs from the Microsoft Store, you will have to disable this right away.
Here are all the different steps that you are going to need to do that.
- First, you will have to open up the Windows Run dialogue box. To do that, press and hold down on the Windows key and the R key simultaneously.
- In that dialogue box, go to the search panel and type in ms-settings:windowsupdate. Then after that, go ahead and press the Enter key.
- This is going to open up the Windows Settings application and in that, click on the Windows Update tab.
- Within the Windows Update tab, look for the Advanced Options section and click on it. That is going to open up this window with all the necessary options.
- Look for the Delivery Optimization section and within that, find and click on the Allow downloads from other PCs option.
- Once the next window comes up, go to the Download Settings section and look for the said checkbox. It will say Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates in the background. Click on the checkbox as soon as you find it.
- You are also going to see a slider around that option to set the data speed limit. Turn it anywhere below the 100% mark.
Thus, you will be able to stop this feature by causing speed issues in your system. Now, check if the download speed of the Microsoft Store is alright or not. In case this does not work, then you can go to the next solution process on this list.
Get all the Windows Updates that are Available
You might know that system updates are very important when it comes to the proper functioning of the computer. It does not matter what feature it is, updates are something that you must get periodically.
To solve the Microsoft Store download slow problem, getting the latest system updates will work. Here is the process by means of which you can get all the updates.
- You will need to open up the Windows Run dialogue box once again. To do that, press both the Windows key and the R key at the same time.
- Once you are in the Windows Run dialogue box, type in ms-settings:windowsupdate in the search panel. After that, press the Enter key which is going to open up Settings application of Windows.
- After you open that window, look for the Windows Update section to start looking for the necessary updates.
- You will get all the updates that are available in the form of a list. Click on each to start the process of download and installation.
The entire process is going to take the necessary time it needs. You will have to wait through all of that. Once all of that is over, you will have to restart the system to apply all the changes that you have made.
After going through all the solution steps from this article, you will be able to resolve this issue and you will be able to do that quite efficiently. But if none of the methods that we have shown has worked, then the problem might be severe and beyond the usual scope.
For a situation like that, the best thing to do will be to get the help of expert professionals. You can get that once you sign up for tech support services.