McAfee is one of the best security software company that produces advanced security applications for businesses and individuals. However, while using the antivirus for a long time, you may come across certain complications which might seem terrible for you to solve. One such kind of glitch that you may face include McAfee Real Time Scanning Won’t Stay On.
What Is McAfee Real Time Scanning Feature?
One of the advanced features of this security application is the McAfee Real-Time Scanning. This feature helps to scan all the folders and files present within your machine when you try to launch them. While scanning a file or folder, if the software detects any threat, then that information will be reported to you in an instant. The malicious file or folder will not be opened when they are detected by McAfee. Instead, you will be asked to click on the right option, so that the threat gets removed from your system.
Reasons For McAfee Real Time Scanning Won’t Stay On Error
In this section, you will get to know different reasons behind the occurrence of this error.
- If the feature ‘Real Time Scanning’ is in deactive mode, then you may get this glitch.
- When there is any application that are incompatible then even you can face this error.
In the next section, you will get various solutions to resolve this error.
Amazing Steps To Solve The Glitch
This section will provide many solutions that will help you to resolve the McAfee Real Time Scanning Won’t Stay On error.
Activate The Feature Real-Time Scanning
In order to rectify or correct this glitch, you will have to inspect whether this component in this security software is enabled or not. To activate this feature, follow the steps below.
- First, launch the McAfee security software in your machine.
- Next, within the application, tap on the ‘Navigation’. After that, choose the option from the list ‘Real-Time Scanning’.
- Now, beside that option click on the ‘Turn On’ button to activate the ‘Real-Time Scanning option.
- After that, close the McAfee security software.
- Then once again launch this application and look if the option ‘Real-Time Scanning’ is enabled or not.
Delete Applications That Are Incompatible
In order to correct this given error, you will have to delete every application that are incompatible with the system. In order to do that follow the steps down below:
- First, select the ‘Cortana’ icon on the taskbar to launch the search text area. In that text area, type control panel. From the search output, choose the initial option i.e ‘Control Panel’.
- In the ‘Control Panel’ window, select the category ‘Programs’. After that, from the new window choose the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Now, from the list of installed applications, select the software that is incompatible with your machine. After that, right-click on it and choose the option ‘Uninstall’ from the options menu.
- Next, follow the instructions on the screen to remove that specific software. When you remove any application from the machine then restart it.
- Repeat the two steps for every incompatible software present in your PC.
- After you delete all the incompatible applications, then inspect whether you are still facing this glitch or not.
Downloading And Installation Of McAfee Virtual Technician Program
- First and foremost, launch the web browser and after that, go and visit the official website of McAfee.
- Next, on the website choose the ‘Troubleshoot and Repair’ option. Then, tap on the option ‘Download’’.
- When the download process is complete, just visit the location where the setup file is present and double-click on it to install the application.
- After the installation procedure is over, launch the software and tap on the ‘Scan’ button. Wait until the scanning is complete.
- If there is some problem, then that issue will be displayed. In order to fix the glitches, choose the option ‘Autofix’ by following the on-screen information.
- If after following the previous steps you cannot rectify this error, then, go to the help section within the official McAfee website and search for any help.
- When you cannot find any problem even on the official website, then see if the feature ‘Real-Time Scanning’ is activated or not. From the first point in this section, you can see the process of turning on this feature.
Steps To Boot Your Computer In Safe Mode
- Restart your computer. When the computer boots up again, repeatedly tap on the ‘F8’ key on the keyboard to see the ‘Boot Selection’ menu.
- In that menu, tap on the option ‘Safe Mode’. Next, wait for the system to start in the ‘Safe Mode’ and after that normally ‘Restart’ the machine.
- When the system boots up again then examine whether the given issue is prevailing or not.
- If there is an error then visit the help section within the official website of McAfee.
You can rectify this issue, if you try to follow all the steps in the above sections correctly.If you cannot solve McAfee Real Time Scanning Won’t Stay On error by following the steps in the previous section carefully, do share your feedback and comments without any hesitation.