The Malwarebytes is one of those antivirus tools that guards the computer system against ransomware, exploits, malware and also offers web protection. The software application is most well known for its exquisite malware scanner which enhances Internet surfing among all the users. However, in several computer systems, the Malwarebytes web protection may get hampered which results in Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn On. So, if your Malwarebytes real-time protection won’t turn On and you are looking for a permanent resolution to settle this issue, then this article will definitely help you as soon as possible. In this content, we will discuss all the effective methods to crack this issue.
Effective Methods to Fix Malwarebytes Web Protection won’t Turn On Issue
We have arranged a few possible methods to terminate Malwarebytes web protection won’t start issue. You can go through one of these methods or all the methods until you have the problem fixed.
Method 1: Clean Reinstall of Malwarebytes
In most of the cases, the clean reinstallation of the Malwarebytes can help you to fix the issue permanently. Hence, follow the steps below to do so.
- Turn On your computer and press Windows+R key at the same time on your keyboard to open Run command.
- Type “regedit” in the command box and press the Enter key or simply click on the OK button below the box.
- Now, retrieve your ID and key from one of the locations below and proceed with the removal process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and proceed with the Continue button, and then navigate to the MBAM from the list.
- Now, drive to the My Account and click on Deactivate option, from the right-bottom corner of the window and then open the Settings.
- Navigate to the Advanced settings and uncheck the box next to Enable Self-protection Module option and then close the program.
- Download the “mbam-clean.exe” tool from the Malwarebytes site and close all the open program files on the system.
- Now, provisionally break the antivirus and Run the mbam-clean.exe tool. Follow the on-screen instructions and click on Next and tick the “Accept all the terms and conditions” box and wait for the process to finish.
- Reboot your computer when prompted to perform the next command and download the exclusive version of MBAM application. Follow the on-screen instructions and install the application manually and then uncheck the box next to the Trial version.
- Now, click on the Activation button and copy and paste the ID and the key that you retrieved from the Registry dialog box to activate your license automatically.
Once you have done all the steps prominently, the error regarding the web protection might get resolved. If still, the Malwarebytes malware protection won’t turn On, try another method below.
Method 2: Update the Latest Malwarebytes
There are several outdated versions of Malwarebytes that creates a problem in web protection service. Hence, you need to update the latest version of that application file which is almost guaranteed to resolve the issue. Following are some of the steps below to do so.
- At first, turn On your computer and navigate to the Malwarebytes application for Windows.
- Open the application file and click on the Current option which is on the right side of the Update option.
- This will scan for any protection database updates and if there any update available, click the UP arrow to show the hidden program icons on the Windows.
- Now, click on Malware icon and click on the ‘Check for Update’ option from the context menu and when the application shows the latest application file, click on ‘Download’.
- Download the file and then, click on Install. Now, double-click the application file and install it manually after the download completes.
Restart the computer after the installation finishes and then, review to see if the problem still resembles in the new version. If still, the Malwarebytes malware protection won’t turn On, try another method below.
Method 3: Uninstall the Driver for MBAM Web Protection
Uninstalling the MBAM web protection driver helps to force the antivirus tool to install it after rebooting the computer. Hence, follow the steps below to do so.
- Turn On your computer and navigate to the Malwarebytes application on Windows.
- Now, right-click the application system plate at the bottom-right side of the display. Click on Quit Malwarebytes option and search for the Command Prompt from the application’s settings list.
- Open the Command Prompt menu and select ‘Run as Administrator’ option and then, copy and paste the following command “sc delete mbamwebprotection” and then press the Enter key.
- Restart the computer and navigate to the Protection tab from the settings section of the Malwarebytes application.
- Examine the Real-Time protection part from the Web Protection page of the application and push the slider from Off to On.
Now, restart the computer again and check for the issue, whether the issue is resolved. If still, the Malwarebytes real-time protection won’t turn On, try another method below.
Method 4: Restart the MBAM Service
Sometimes, the MBAM service of the Malwarebytes application may corrupt due to various reasons. It results in several issues like increased RAM and CPU usage and other internal errors. Hence, you need to restart the service to get rid of this error. Go through the steps given below to complete the task.
- Turn On the computer and navigate to the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Dlt key at the same time, on your keyboard.
- Click on More Details option at the left-bottom corner of the Task Manager’s page and expand the page.
- Now, navigate to the MBAMService.exe entry from the list of the Task Manager and right-click on all the entries and select the End Task option.
- Click YES to the warning message and click on New and then, navigate to the Task and type in “MBAMService.exe”.
Now, restart the computer and check whether the computer still displaying the same error message or not. If the issue still persists, try another method below.
Method 5: Perform a System Restore
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you, then restoring your computer is the only way to eliminate the error. Restoring the system helps the computer to go back to the previous state. Go through the steps given below to complete the task.
- Turn the computer On and save all the important files, so that you can easily retrieve that back after the restore.
- Press the Windows Start button and select All Programs from the list and then navigate to the Accessories.
- Now, drive to the system tools and agree on System Restore and then, click on the Next button below the window to proceed.
- When the recent restore appears on the screen, select the most recent restore point and choose the recommended restore option.
- Now, choose the appropriate restore date and place a check mark in the square box that reveals “Show restore points older than 5 days”.
- Click on the Next button at the bottom of the Restore page and click on the Finish button to complete the task.
After completing all the above steps, click on YES to Restart Windows and check for the error whether it is resolved.
These 5 methods are the most effective methods if Malwarebytes real-time protection won’t turn On. You can proceed through all of these steps one by one until you have set your computer error free. Hope, the above article was sufficient enough to assist you on how to resolve if Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn On. In case, the error still persists and you are unable to end up the issue yourself, then there might be some other software problems or internal glitches. In that case, you need to consult with an expert. Lastly, we counsel you to leave your valuable feedback below in the comment box to let us grasp about your work event.