After updating Malwarebytes, users found that it is consuming most of the storage space in RAM. An abrupt message appears on the screen, “Malwarebytes using all memory”. Due to this issue, the computer tends to encounter system lags and might even get freezes. Hence, in this article, we are going to discuss some efficient ways to fix this issue.
Reason Behind Malwarebytes Using all Memory
Primarily, you might face Malwarebytes using all memory issue after updating it. After an update, Malwarebytes occupies extra space in the memory. Along with this, the cache files and temporary files also tend to get accumulated, if not clean with a fixed interval of time. This can lead to a storage issue. Therefore, take a quick glance in the methods discussed in the next section to resolve the issue.
Proactive Measures to Resolve Malwarebytes Eating RAM Issue
The proactive measures to resolve the issue ‘Malwarebytes eating RAM’ are given in the next section. Take a glance:
- Disable web protection.
- By disabling the Malwarebytes services.
- Reinstalling Malwarebytes on your computer.
- End all the scanning process and set the priority to ‘low’.
Disabling the Web Protection
The steps to disable web protection are listed as follows:
- At first, click on the Malwarebytes icon to open it.
- Then, choose the option ‘Setting’s and navigate to the tab ‘Protection’.
- After that, turn off the Web Protection and exit from the antivirus setup page.
- Next, restart your computer and check whether Malwarebytes using all memory problem persists.
Disabling the Malwarebytes Services
Follow the guidelines to disable the Malwarebytes services on your computer:
- At first, click on the Start menu, on the computer screen.
- Then, in the search panel type ‘Run’ and press the Enter key.
- After that, in the Run window type ‘services.me’ and press the Enter key.
- Now, choose ‘Malwarebytes Services’ from the Service window and disable the Startup type.
- Next, choose the option ‘Stop’.
- Thereafter, choose ‘Apply’ and further click on OK.
Uninstall and Reinstall Malwarebytes on your Computer
Follow the steps to uninstall and then, reinstall the Malwarebytes on your computer:
- Press, the Windows key and then, click on ‘Control Panel’.
- After that, from Programs, choose to Uninstall the program.
- Then, from a list of programs, choose Malwarebytes and click on ‘Uninstall’.
- After uninstalling Malwarebytes, download the recent version, from the official website and install it.
End the Scanning Process and Setting the Priority to Low
Go through the guidelines, to end the scanning process and set the priority to low:
- At first, press the Ctrl, Shift and Esc key, simultaneously from the keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- Then, navigate to Malwarebytes process and right-click on it.
- Next, choose the option ‘End Task’.
- After that, click on the tab ‘Details’ and find the ‘Malwarebytes Process’ and right-click on it.
- Thereafter, change the ‘Set Priority’ to ‘Low’.
The above-mentioned methods must be enough to help you resolve the Malwarebytes using all memory issue. You can also refer to the user guide for additional guidance.