Malwarebytes unable to connect the service is one of the most frustrating error messages. It primarily appears when a user tries to open up the Malwarebytes application. Don’t worry, if you are facing the same. It is quite easy to fix this issues, with proper guidance and some of the most effective solutions are provided in this article. However, before going into the solution section, let’s have a look at the prime causes of the “Unable to connect the service” error message.
Causes of Malwarebytes Unable to Connect the Service Error
In this section, we have provided some of the prime causes of Malwarebytes unable to connect the service error. Have a look:
- Unsuccessful Malwarebytes application launch.
- Improper Installation of Malwarebytes.
- Application service issue.
- Confliction of files with third-party antivirus or anti-malware application.
- Files corruption.
Effective Solution for Malwarebytes Unable to Connect the Service
Here we are going to discuss a few easy methods that can resolve this error.
Run Malwarebytes As Administrator
Sometimes the Malwarebytes application might not get the Administrator Rights on the user’s system. In order to solve this problem follow the instructions given below
- First, you need to locate the ‘mbam.exe’ file. In most of the cases, it found inside the C: drive.
- Once you find it, right click on that file and select the context menu. On that menu, you will get the ‘Properties’ option. Click on that option to go to the Properties pop-up window.
- Now on that window, tap on the ‘Compatibility’ tab. In that tab, check the box, beside the “Run this program as an administrator” label and hit the OK or ‘Apply’ button.
Fire Up The Malwarebytes Chameleon
Now, the specific tool, that can help you fix this issue is the Malwarebytes Chameleon. This is a built-in utility or tool, which is primarily to rectify startup issues.
- To use this tool, first, click on the Start icon and launch the power menu. Now, on the ‘App library’ section, locate and expand ‘Malwarebytes Anti-Malware’ folder.
- There you will get another folder labeled as ‘Tools’. Expand that folder.
- Inside that folder, you will get the ‘Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Chameleon’ option. Click on it.
- Instantly a DOS windows will appear on your screen. press the Enter Key to continue.
- After this, a stable and updated version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware suite will open up on your screen.
- Now, you should run the malware scanning process and then, reboot your system.
However, if the ‘Malwarebytes unable to start’ error message still persists. Then, move on to the next solution.
Check The Malwarebytes Service
To access the list of all the services which are running on your system, tap on the Start menu and go to the Windows Search bar.
- Now in the search box, type “services.msc”. A result window will appear. Right click on it and select the ‘Run As Administrator’ option.
- Instantly the Service Window will appear on your screen There you have to locate the Malwarebytes service.
- Then, right click on it and launch the context menu. On that menu, you have to select the ‘Properties’ option.
- Now, on that new window, find the ‘Startup Type’ option and switch to ‘Automatic’, if any other service is enabled.
- However, if none of the services are working, then, hit the Start button and wait until the status changes to “Running”.
Reinstall The Malwarebytes Application From Scratch
To know about the recovering method from the error, follow the steps given below.
- First, open the Run Dialog box and type “regedit” on it. Then, hit the OK button or you can also hit the Enter key, to open the ‘Register Key’ window.
- Now, on the Register Key window, find the location of your ‘Activation ID and Key’.
- In a normal situation, Windows x86 32-Bit OS user can find it on this location”HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware”.
- And Windows x64 64-Bit OS users can get it from here “ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware”
After retrieving the Activation ID and Key, follow the given instructions, to perform the application reinstallation task.
- Launch the application and enter into ‘My Account’. Then, click on the ‘Deactivate’ button.
- Now, open up the Settings window and click on the ‘Advanced Settings’. There you have to check the box beside ‘Enable self-protection module’.
- After this download and install the Malwarebytes cleanup tool ( mbam-clean.exe). Then, run it and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the removal process.
- Once it is done, download and install the recent version of Malwarebytes application and verify whether the error or not.
We hope that our solutions are helpful and you were able to get rid of Malwarebytes Unable To Connect The Service error message. For more tech-related information keep following our articles.