Recently, Malwarebytes users are reporting to get the SDK Database Error 1812 on their application. This error code usually occurs, whenever they hit the ‘Scan’ button on their Malwarebytes application. Often, the application becomes unresponsive with an abrupt message ‘Malwarebytes SDK database error 1812’. To tackle this error code, many users try to reach satisfying answers but fail. However, in this article, you get to know about some effective solutions and causes related to it.
Causes Behind Malwarebytes SDK Database Error 1812
There are many causes that can lead to Malwarebytes SDK Database Error 1812, on your system. Some of them are given below:
- Inaccurate process for launching any application.
- Outdated Malwarebytes application.
- Application file corruption.
- Fault in application installation.
- A run time issue in the SDK Database.
- Third-party antivirus application interference.
- Unstable Internet connectivity.
Most of the causes have a direct or indirect association with the OS. That’s why it is quite easy to eliminate or rectify them. Follow the solution provided in the next section of this article.
Easy Ways To Fix Malwarebytes SDK Database Error 1812
In the below section, we have provided some of the prime solutions for resolving Malwarebytes SDK Database Error 1812 message. But before you get into the complex hacks, try some of the fundamental solutions.
All the solutions provided in the below section are very simple and straightforward. Hence any genre of system user can proceed with the solutions.
If the application is unable to function properly due to launch issues, then it signifies that you have been following inaccurate steps. Try to restart it, follow the appropriate measures provided in the next section.
- Open the Windows Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys simultaneously.
- Now, on the Task Manager, you will find a list of currently active apps and services, within the Process Tab. Find and end all the working process, which are related to Malwarebytes.
- Then, move to the ‘Detail’ Tab. Inside that tab, you will encounter those apps and services generally function in the background. Eliminate their tasks as well.
After doing that, close the Task Manager window and relaunch the Malwarebytes application. Finally, check whether the Malwarebytes error 1812 error persists or not.
Reboot your System
The next best solution which might be able to resolve this error code is to reboot the system. It is one of the oldest troubleshooting methods but it works quite well. If even after rebooting the system, the error code message still exists then, shift your focus towards the advanced solutions, provided in the next section.
In this section, we have discussed some of the advanced solutions to fix the Malwarebytes SDK database error 1812. Follow them as instructed.
Modify the Antivirus Update Schedule
Many users have experience that the Malwarebytes SDK Database Error 1812 appears on their system when two database updates are turned on at the same time. This creates a blockage situation, which eventually leads to this error message. Follow the steps given below to fix the problem.
- Open the Malwarebytes application and click on the Setting icon.
- On the Settings page, you will find the ‘Automated Scheduling’ tab, click on it.
- Inside that tab, you will get the ‘Scheduled Scan’ option. Double-click on it and hit the ‘Edit’ button.
- Now, a new page will appear. Uncheck the box beside the “check for updates before scanning” label and hit the OK button.
After you are done with the steps, restart your system and try to run the Malwarebytes application. Modify all the unnecessary scheduled updates from your application.
2. Reinstall the Malwarebytes Application.
This error message can also appear if there a file corruption issue, due to the removal of important file updates. Follow the instructions given in the section below, to fix the problem.
- First, click on the Start Icon, on your Windows device.
- Then, get to the ‘App Libary Section’, locate the faulty files associated with the Malwarebytes application and right-click on it.
- A pop-up menu will appear on your screen. On that menu, hit the ‘Uninstall’ option.
Now, wait till the uninstallation process gets complete. Don’t interfere while the process is doing its job. Once, the uninstallation is done, reboot your system and download a fresh copy of the application. Install it accurately, in order to avoid further risk.
We hope that the solutions and suggestions will be able to help you mitigate the Malwarebytes SDK Database Error 1812. For more tech-related information, do keep a tab on our articles.