Malwarebytes, often, stops working in case you have more than one security program pre-installed in your system. This results in a abrupt notification ‘Malwarebytes has stopped working in Windows 10’. Users report to face this technical glitch, mostly during the scanning process.To eliminate the risk you need to fix this issues, as soon as possible. Before we go for the solution, let us get to know the reasons behind this problem.
Probable Reasons: Malwarebytes Stops Working During Scan
Take a glance at the reasons, why the Malwarebytes abruptly stops working on Windows 10.
- If you are using an older or outdated version of Malwarebytes, then, you may face this issue.
- Any pre-installed Antivirus program, in your device, might prevent the Malwarebytes from functioning accurately. This could be a prime reason behind Malwarebytes has stopped working Windows 10.
- The program might get corrupted if the installation process was incorrect.
3 Easy Solutions: Malwarebytes Stopped Working during Scan
Here is a list of some easy and applicable solutions which can fix the issue. Follow the steps mentioned in the next section:
Update the Malwarebytes
If you are using an outdated version of Malwarebytes, then you need to update it, to fix this problem. Follow the steps, to get the latest version of the Malwarebytes for Window:
- First, open the Malwarebytes’ Program window. Go to the Settings panel and click the ‘Application’ tab.
- Click on ‘Install Application Updates’ option, under the Application Update section.
- A small window will pop up on your computer screen. Click on OK and then hit the YES option.
- You will get to see a User Account Control window on the screen. Click on YES button.
- Select the setup language, using the drop-down menu and then hit on the OK button.
- Click on ‘Agree’ and then ‘Install’. Once the installation gets complete, you need to hit on the ‘Finish’ option.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Malwarebytes Software
If you haven’t installed the program correctly, then, you may face certain technical glitches. You can reinstall the Malwarebytes, in order to fix this issue. To proceed, follow the below steps:
Uninstall the Malwarebytes Software
- First, click on the Start button and select the Control Panel.
- From the list of Program, select the Program and features and then click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- You need to right click on the program and then select the Uninstall option.
- Once the uninstallation process gets complete, reboot your system and check if the problem is still there or not.
Reinstall the Malwarebytes Software
- Now, go to the Malwarebytes’ official website and download the installation setup file.
- Once the download gets complete, double-click on the ‘Malwarebytes installation’ file.
- You need to choose the installation language and then hit the OK option.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instruction, in order to install the program.
- Once the installation gets complete, click on the ‘Finish’ button.
Disable Antivirus Temporarily
Sometimes the pre-loaded Antivirus, on your system, won’t allow Malwarebytes to scan. Thus you get Malwarebytes has stopped working windows 10 error notification. Try to disable your Antivirus, temporarily and allow Malwarebytes to complete the scan.
- Navigate to the existing Antivirus program, on your system. Click on Settings. In case you have enabled password protection, then you need to enter the password. Click on ‘Continue’ Button.
- Go to the ‘General’ option, under the Settings and disable the ‘Protection’ option. The Antivirus program will get disabled.
So now that we are well acquainted with the reasons and solutions Malwarebytes has stopped working windows 10, anyone can easily get rid of this issue.