Mac is a popular product of Apple, known for its excellent functionalities as well as the fastest technology. However, as a regular user, you may often get stuck with the file transferring process. Then, you may come across the Mac Error code -36 and your device stops to respond before sending anything. This annoying issue happens due to device incompatibility issues, or for malware attack. Again, using the outdated software is another responsible factor for creating this Mac error.
Look Into Mac Error 36- Major Symptoms
Mac users face the problem while they try to transfer their important documents to a new location. It is one of the most common Mac problems both in laptop and desktop. It happens when you are trying to copy the files from your Mac devices to the other folders or to a new location. If you use the webmail platform for transferring the essential documents, attachments, pictures, you may come across the same issue. Moreover, your Mac device will display the unexpected Mac error code -36.
- The running programs stop to respond while this error occurs. It doesn’t happen on a regular basis as it happens while you move or copy the files from your Mac device. However, it becomes an annoying issue if you get stuck in moving the crucial documents to your desired location.
- Some of the files won’t support and the file name can’t be read by the finder. Thus, the file finder won’t be able to complete its operation before sending the files.
- Furthermore, the Mac device fails to give a real-time response as it affects the CPU cycles. Not only that but also the number of the page faults in the memory segmentation get increased frequently. As a result, the performance of the Mac gets slow.
- Again, Mac device starts to freeze on a frequent basis after attempting the file transfer operation several times. So, it displays the unexpected error message, “Can’t transfer File (Error Code -36)”.
How To Fix Mac Error Code -36 With Easy Steps
There are several steps to remove the Mac error along with upgrading the Mac devices. Here, we are going to talk about some of the easy steps to resolve the Mac error quickly. So, you may try out any of them to fix it efficiently.
Run System Security Software
Many times, system threats or web threats corrupts the Mac system files as well as the memory segments. The malware creates multiple copies and spreads the virus to the various files. Thus, the files attached to the virus infected folder are automatically affected by the malware. As a result, the files don’t support the system and raises the error 36.
- First, download and install a security software with the latest version in your system.
Now, open it by double-clicking on it. Then, click on the Sytem Preference tab and open it.
Tap on the Malware removal tab and click on the Scan button.
- It will start to scan the virus and locate the virus infected files.
- When done, it will disinfect the virus and remove the malware issue immediately.
Again, you need to remove the web threats also which prevents the unauthorized access of the system. So, you may follow the steps below.
Go to the Sytem Security section and tap on the System Preferences tab.
Now, move the slider of the Firewall and turn it on by enabling the Firewall Protection. Otherwise, you may increase the security level by fixing it to the custom position.
When done, click on Apply and OK to save the new changes.
- Finally, reboot the Macbook device and try to transfer a file to another device. It will check the Mac 36 got fixed or not.
Resolve Permission Issue
Sometimes, an access permission issue creates conflict in transferring files. Then, you need to enable the permission as Everyone. Otherwise, you will face the privacy problem in each time of transferring your necessary folders or files.
Go to the Permission and Sharing options to get permission to access the account from where yoy transfer the file to another device.
- Now, make the account accessible privacy as ‘Everyone’ for a grant the access permission.
- Verify the external media if the connection is fine and stable or not. Then, switch your system to the Safe mode.
- Finally, drag the files to grant the access permission and to ensure the correct process.
Sometimes system files in the Mac system or junk files create a problem in transferring the files or folders between your device and Mac. It happens due to lack of storage spaces. As a result, while you try to copy the files, the operation gets stuck due to the buffering issue.
- First, reboot the Sytem and click on the Application tab.
- Now, choose the option Utilities under the Application tab and finally go to the Terminal tab under it.
- In the first field of the terminal, enter the command dot_clean with a single space that helps to generate the folder path which needs to be clean.
- Hit the Enter key to proceed the step further. Furthermore, it will show the hidden files in your system along with their hosts.
- While you will get a list of the items in a single unit, then tap on the Clean tab to clear the folder. Or, you can rash the memory card or the flash drive which are used as a storage unit to empty the entire section.
- Finally, reboot the Mac device and check whether the Mac 36 is popped up during the file transfer operation or not.
An outdated iTunes unable to transfer file or folders from your Mac device to another device or vice versa. Moreover, if you are trying to send or receive any crucial files through iTunes app, it stops to respond. After several attempts, it will show you the Mac Error Code -36 and the background running programs start to crash immediately.
- Close the iTunes application from your Mac device and restart the system.
Then, tap on the Updates tab and it will show all the available updates. If you want to upgrade all the available updates, then click on Select All.
Then, tap on the Updates button. Otherwise, if you choose only iTunes, then click on the iTunes checkbox and hit the Upgrade button.
- It will start the iTunes upgrade process automatically. The process will take several minutes. So, wait until it is finished and displays the successful message.
- After completing the update process, the Mac device will reboot automatically. Then, check whether the problem persists or not.
Many times, a misconfiguration of the network becomes responsible for preventing the file transfer operation. Then, without modifying the configuration of the Network setup, you won’t be able to sync any documents from your Mac to another new device. To set up the network properly, you may follow the steps below.
Open the Folder box by tapping the GO from the Finder menu bar.
You will get several options under it, Choose the folder Library and click on another folder named Preferences.
Click on System Configuration from the System Preferences window and tap on GO to enter the process.
Choose the ‘NetworkInterfaces.plist’ named file from the list of the items and drag it into the trash.
Next, restart the Mac and select the Network from the System Preferences.
Finally, tap on Edit Locations to modify and change the Settings as per your need. Now, try to sync the files or move the important files to another folder.
Utilize Disk Spaces
Unnecessary files in your Mac device prevents the files transfer operation. Your Mac will show you that there are no spaces to load the files, clear the cache. Moreover, after several attempts to try the transfer operations, it will pop-up the Mac error.
Open the Control Panel window by typing “Contol” in the search box and it the Enter key.
Here, you will get the menu Programs & Features and tap on it.
Choose the option Uninstall a Program. You will get a list of installed applications in that resultant window.
Choose the unnecessary apps one by one and right-click on it. Click on Uninstall to remove them from the system.
Next, click on Yes from the appeared dialog box to confirm the uninstallation process.
Again, go to the Library Folder and select the Cache folder under it. Clear all the contents under this folder. This process will help to remove all the temporary files or folders from your Mac Cache and emove he Mac Error 36.
Remove Device Incompatibility Problem
Sometimes, a device incompatibility creates a problem in transferring the files or folders. So, you need to check the device first where you store the necessary files from the Mac. If both the Mac and the other device OS platform is not compatible with each other, then it prevents the files transfer operation.
First, tap on the Start button and click on the Settings (Gear icon) from the Start menu.
Now, go to the Update & Security section. Click on the Windows Update.
Click on the Check for Updates and it will represent all the available updates for your Windows.
If the latest updates are available, then tap on it and press Enter or Click on Update All to start the Upgrade process.
It will start the process immediately by tapping on the Update button and will take several moments to complete the upgrade operation.
- When done, reboot the Mac system and check whether you can transfer the contents through iTunes to that specific device or not.
In the above context, we have discussed the Mac error code -36 which prevents the file transfer operation. Moreover, we have analyzed the factors which are responsible for making this Mac error issue. Not only that but also you will get an idea how to remove this error code technically. Furthermore, you can get a brief idea on the major symptoms of the Mac error which help to remove and avoid the Mac error at the very initial stage of the problem. Again, you will gain an overall knowledge on how to handle file transfer problem with technical assistance. So, this article will be helpful for all the Mac users especially the non-tech-savvy persons who have a doubt on how to fix Mac error code -36 easily.