If you are using any wireless or wired mouse on the system then you may encounter an abrupt issue in it after a certain period of time. Now, that thing also happens with the Logitech mouse.
The mouse keeps double-clicking is a very common issue with the Logitech mouse. During this issue, the mouse registers double-clicks instead of a single one.
Most of the time, this issue is triggered simple setting misconfiguration and software problem. However, in certain situations, hardware problems are also responsible for this issue.
Now, to know about Logitech mouse double-clicking fix methods, follow this article to the end. This is because we have provided all the possible ways to fix this issue
What are the Causes of Logitech Mouse Double-Clicking Issue
The Logitech mouse keeps double-clicking issue can be caused by various types of problematic factors. And some of those problematic factors are explained in the section below. Have a look:
- The Mouse Setting isn’t configured properly.
- The Mouses has accumulated static charge in it.
- Outdate the Mouse drivers.
- Faulty mouse.
Now, if you have analyzed all the possible causes of this issue then let’s have a look at the possible solutions.
Logitech Mouse Double-Clicking Fixed With Reliable Solutions
There are various ways which can resolve the Logitech mouse keeps double-clicking issue. But, you need to apply those solutions property in order to get an effective result.
In this section, we have provided the best ways to resolve this issue. Have a look at them and try to execute them as instructed.
Check and Fix the Mouse Settings
There is a high probability that the double-clicking issue of your Logitech mouse is caused by the mouse setting misconfiguration. This may change the working ability of the mouse.
Now, to fix this setting problem you need to check and modify the mouse settings and to do that follow the given steps.
- Launch the Run Dialog Box by pressing the Windows key + X key.
- Then, type “control” in it and hit the Enter key or the OK button. This will launch the Control Panel window on the screen.
- In that window, look for the Mouse option and then click on it. The Mouse pop-up window will open up on the screen.
- There you need to tap on the Button tab in order to enter into it.
- In that tab, move the slider of the Double-Click Speed to the lowest levels and then hit the OK button.
After doing that, check whether the Logitech mouse double-clicking is fixed or not. If not, then try out the next one.
- Press the Windows key + S key at the same time to open up the Windows Search box.
- Then, type “single click” on that box. In the result section, you will get Specify single-or double double-click to open option. Click on it.
- A pop-up window will open up on the screen. In that window, tap on the General tab. Inside that tab, you will get the double-click to open an item (single click to select) option under the ‘Click item as follows’ section.
- Check the box beside that option and hit the Apply button. After that, click on the OK button and then close everything.
Now, use your mouse for a few minutes in order to verify the condition of the issue.
Look for the Static Charge
After a long period of usage, Logitech wireless mouse tends to develop static charge in them. And that change or current can force the mouse to double-click instead of a single click.
Now, to fix that problem you need to discharge all the static charge present in the mouse and to do that follow the given instructions.
- Turn Off the wireless mouse and remove all the batteries from it.
- Now, you need to click the two buttons of the mouse repeatedly or around 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- After doing that, plug back everything into their respective place and then look for the issue.
Update the Mouse Drivers
If the Mouse drivers are outdated or corrupted then you may encounter several types of issue in it and the Logitech mouse double-clicking is one of them.
Now, to fix that problem you need to update the Mouse Drivers and the entire configuration of the mouse. To perform that task on your system follow the given steps.
- Press the Windows key + R key to open up the Run Dialog box. Then, type “devmgmt.msc” in that box and hit the Enter key.
- This will open up the Device Manager window on the screen. In that window, you will get a list of all those device drivers which are installed on the system.
- From that list, look for the ‘Mice and other pointing devices’ option and click on it. A new area will expand under that option.
- In that expanded section, you will get the Mouse drivers. If there is more than one mouse driver installed on the system then right-click on them one by one. Select Update Driver option.
- After that, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to finish the update installation process.
Once that process gets completed, reboot the system and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Now, if none of the solutions work in your favor, then it might be possible the Logitech mouse is faulty. Thus, you need to repair or replace it in order to get rid of this error.
We hope that our article is able to provide you enough information on the Logitech mouse double-clicking issue. However, if you have any questions regarding this mouse issue, then post about it in the comment section.