Lenovo touchpad not working is one of the most common error that almost every Lenovo users encounter. It is one of the irritating errors that freezes the cursor. This issue generally happens due to some defective drivers installed in your device. Otherwise, a corrupted Touchpad Driver can also result in this problem. Sometimes this issue even occurs if you mistakenly disable the Touchpad feature from the Settings.
So, if you are dealing with the same issue and looking for a permanent solution to resolve this, then this is the right place. In this article, we will explore all the probable causes and effective solutions to resolve this touchpad issue as soon as possible.
Probable Causes for Lenovo Touchpad not Working?
There are numerous causes of Lenovo laptop touchpad not working. These are:
- A faulty driver or if you are using an outdated driver, then this will stop the touchpad from working.
- Sometimes several users mistakenly disable the touchpad feature on their system which results in this issue.
- Another reason is hardware damages which also results in Lenovo trackpad not working issue.
- Sometimes a malware, virus or a program conflict can also trigger the touchpad issues on your system.
However, you can easily fix this issue by performing some steps that we have discussed in the next section.
Methods to Resolve Lenovo Touchpad not Working
Here is the list of methods we have prepared to resolve the touchpad not working issue as soon as possible. You can go through these methods one by one to get rid of this obstacle.
Method 1: Check the Touchpad Settings and Enable it
Sometimes several users mistakenly disable the touchpad feature. This can result in Lenovo mouse pad not working. Hence, you must go through these methods described below to enable the touchpad again.
- Turn on your laptop and connect an external mouse. Then, open Control Panel from the Windows start menu.
- Now, click on the Devices tab option and then navigate to Touchpad from the top-left corner of the window.
- Now, click on the graphics of the touchpad of your system. Then, click on the Enable button under the Touchpad option and then select OK to save the changes.
Check your touchpad whether it is working once you are done with all these steps. If the touchpad still not works, try another method below.
If the above-mentioned method didn’t work, following are some of the steps given below to modify Touchpad Settings:
- Turn on your laptop and navigate to Settings from the Windows Search box. Or, you can also use the shortcut key Windows + I to open the Settings.
- Now, navigate to the Device menu and then choose the Touchpad option from the left pane on the Window.
- Click on the Additional Settings and then select the ELAN tab from the Device box.
- Now, click on the Enable Device and uncheck the Disable when the external USB pointing device plugin option. Then, choose the Apply button.
Restart your laptop when you are done with these steps and check whether the touchpad is working prominently or not. If still you are unable to access the touchpad on your laptop, then follow the next method.
Method 3: Update the Lenovo Touchpad Driver
The Touchpad Driver can become corrupted or outdated which can result in Lenovo touchpad not working issue. Therefore, you must update the drivers to the latest version to get rid of this issue. Following are the steps to do so:
- At first, open a web browser from your laptop and navigate to the official website of Lenovo.
- Now, go to the Driver section from the left pane of the window and click on it to open.
- Type in the model number of your laptop and search for the recent version of the Touchpad Driver.
- Now, click on the Download option and save the .exe file on a particular drive of your laptop.
- Once the download completes, move to that drive where you saved the application and then double click on that to extract the file.
- Run the file manually by following the on-screen instructions and install it.
Once you are done with the installation process, restart your computer and check whether you are able to access your Lenovo touchpad or not.
We have given all the possible hacks and methods to sort out Lenovo touchpad not working issue. You can try one of them or all methods one by one to resolve this issue. Hope this article was beneficial enough to guide you to fix the Lenovo mouse pad not working. In case, you are unable to access the touchpad or if the issue still persists, then there might be some hardware issues with your laptop. In that case, it is better if you leave your system to a professional. Lastly, we recommend you to drop us a comment below to let us know about your feedback.