Lenovo laptop keyboard some keys not working is one of the basic problems often encountered by most of the Lenovo laptop users. Sometimes, while working with Lenovo laptop, you might find that even after pressing some specific keys on the keyboard there is no output. If you are using an outdated keyboard driver, then you might face this issue. Apart from this, there are other reasons too due to which this issue occurs on your Lenovo laptop. In case, you come across this particular problem then don’t panic because troubleshooting this issue is quite easy. Hence, in this article, we are going to provide some best possible ways to troubleshoot this problem.
Possible Reasons for Lenovo Laptop Keys not Working Windows 10
You might face this Lenovo laptop keys not working issue mainly if you have not updated the keyboard driver for a long time. Also, you might face this problem under these circumstances:
- If there is dust on the keyboard.
- Modification of the keyboard settings might lead you to this problem.
- If you are not using your laptop keyboard for a long time, then you might face this issue.
Easy Ways to Troubleshoot Lenovo Laptop Keyboard Some Keys not Working Issue
Once you came to know why the keyboard on your laptop keyboard is not working, it will be easier for you to solve this problem. Thus, follow the below steps to troubleshoot the Lenovo laptop keyboard some keys not working issue efficiently:
Method 1: Cleaning the Keyboard
If you are using an uncleaned keyboard, then you might face this issue. Thus, clean your keyboard and check whether the issue is resolved on your laptop. If the issue is not resolved, then follow the next method.
Method 2: Restart the Laptop
Another simple way to fix the problem is to restart the laptop. Thus, follow the underlying steps to restart your laptop:
- At first, press the Windows key from the keyboard.
- Then, click on the arrow beside the Shut Down option.
- After that, click on the option Restart.
- Now, check whether the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Update the Keyboard Driver
If you are using an outdated driver, then you might face this issue. Thus, to resolve the issue, you need to update the device driver. Hence, go through the steps to update the keyboard driver:
Manually update the driver
In this way, you can manually update the driver:
- At first, you need to visit the official website of the laptop’s manufacturer
- From there, find out the most appropriate drivers for your Lenovo laptop
- Once you find it out, it is recommended to check the latest version of the drivers.
- Then, you need to download and install the device driver.
- Finally, reboot your laptop.
Automatically update the driver
If you are not able to update the driver manually, then update the driver automatically. After that, check whether the problem persists.
Method 4: Restore the System
After restarting the system and updating the keyboard driver, if you find that the Lenovo laptop keyboard not working issue is not resolved, then you need to restore your system. Thus, follow the below steps to restore the system:
- Press the Windows key and click on Control Panel from left-column.
- Then, in the Control Panel window, change View to Small Icons and choose the System option.
- After that, click on System Protection from the left column.
- Next, click on the System Restore option and further click on Next.
- Now, choose a restore point according to the Date and Time before this problem occurred on your laptop and click on Next.
- After, confirming the restore point click on Next. Then, click on Yes to confirm the restore.
- Finally, restart your laptop.
Method 5: Modify the Keyboard Settings
If the keyboard settings are changed on your laptop, then you might face this issue. Thus, go through the steps to modify the keyboard settings on your laptop:
- At first, press the Windows key and the letter I, to open the Settings.
- Next, in the Settings window, choose the option ‘Ease of Access’.
- After that, click on the option ‘Make the keyboard easier to use’ or ‘Keyboard’.
- Then, uncheck the option ‘Filter Keys’.
- Finally, restart your device to resolve the issue.
Note: This method is applicable for Windows 10 laptop.
Hope we have provided all the guidelines in this article which you were looking for. The procedures mentioned in this article will undoubtedly help you resolve the Lenovo laptop keyboard some keys not working issue very quickly. If the error still persists, then the best way is to opt for professional help for helpful solutions.