Sometimes you may face a problem with your laptop when the system fan is making noise due to high CPU usage. This sound indicates that the fan of your computer is not working properly. If you are a Lenovo laptop user and if you are in trouble with Lenovo fan noise, then this article is for you. Here we are going to discuss some of the efficient solutions that can help you to get rid of the issue. Go through our Lenovo laptop guide to fix the problem on your own.
Effective Ways to Fix the Problem with Lenovo Loud Fan
Here we are going to discuss some quick and easy solutions to fix your problem with Lenovo loud fan. Go through the steps which are mentioned in the section below.
Solution 1: Clean the CPU Fan
The problem may resolve by cleaning the CPU fan. If you want to do that then the steps are mentioned below follow it.
- First, you need to Shut down your system and then separate your device from the power source.
- After that, remove the case panel of your computer
- Then, locate the CPU fan and as well as other fans on your system
- Now, you should use a brush or a soft cotton swab to sweep the dust very carefully from the fan blade. Or apply compressed air to clean all the dust from the case.
- After that, re-oil the fan by dropping oil into the hole which is located in the center of the system
- Then, check out all the connectors and plug in them properly into the right ports.
Solution 2: Disable Services to Quiet the Computer Fan on Windows 10 Laptop or Desktop
You can use the following steps to resolve the issue.
- At first, you need to press the Win + R key both at the same time from the keyboard to open the Run dialog box
- After that, type services.msc in the dialog box which appears in your screen
- Then, press the Enter button from your keyboard
- After completing all the steps mentioned above, move on to the following settings and double-click on the following commands:
- Connected User Experiences and Telemetry
- Diagnostic Policy Service
- After that, click on the Disabled option from the drop-down menu from the Startup type.
- Then, click on the Apply option and select OK to complete the task. And check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Disable the Windows Spotlight to Fix Noisy Computer Fan
You can fix the difficulty by disabling the Windows Spotlight. Here are the steps to do it.
- At first, press the Win + I button both at the same time from your keyboard to open the Settings option
- After that, move on to the Personalization menu
- Then, click on the Lock screen tab which is located on the left side of your system
- If you find that the Windows Spotlight is selected as the Background, then you need to change it to the Picture or the Slideshow while clicking on the drop-down menu.
Solution 4: Apply the Passive System Cooling Policy to Resolve the Issue
Here is another procedure that can help you to fix the issue with Lenovo laptop fan noise. Go through the steps as given below to do it.
- First, go to Control Panel, choose to View by Large icons, and click on Power Options.
- After that, go to the Change plan settings which is located beside the current power plan option
- Then, click on the Change advanced power settings option.
- After that, scroll down on your screen and open the Processor power management option
- Then open the System cooling policy.
- After that, set both the On battery and Plugged in, to Passive. Now, check if the problem is resolved or not.
Hope, this article is able to help you out from the problem with Lenovo fan noise. If you need more information or want to provide some, then you can leave your feedback on our comment section.