iOS error 3194 is usually witnessed when iPhone users try to restore or update their iPhone to another version of iOS. It is a clear indication that you cannot update or restore your device further. This is one of the common system error that most people frequently go through. Generally, this is caused by the network connection problem on your system. In addition, an expired or unsigned firmware which is used during the iOS update or restore is also responsible for this annoying problem.
Hence, if you are an iPhone user and facing the error 3194 on your device, then go through this article thoroughly. Here, we will give you assistance on how you fix it in the easiest possible way. Implement the methods that are mentioned below and resolve the problem on your own.
Learn the Causes of iOS Error 3194
iOS error 3194 can occur because of the following reasons:
- Apple says that the problem arises when the iTunes server is unable to communicate with Apple’s update software update server.
- The version of iOS that you are trying to install or update is no longer signed by the Apple digitally.
- Sometimes, you might use a jailbreak utility to modify your iPhone. This utility helps you to modify the host files and blocks Apple’s server as well. As a result, the error code 3194 appear on your iPhone device.
iOS Update Error 3194: Reliable Solutions to Resolve
In order to fix iOS update error 3194, we have mentioned some easy solutions. Following them should help you to get rid of this error code and you can easily update or restore your iPhone with a different iOS version.
Fix # 1: Update iTunes
If you are frequently encountering this error message, you need to update the iTunes to the latest version. To update iTunes, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- At first, open iTunes on your device and then select the Menu option.
- After that, select the Check for updates option from the menu and press the Ok button.
- iTunes will check for updates and show if any updates are available.
- Next, download the latest version of iTunes and install it on your device.
- At last, restart your device and check whether the error code still persists or not.
Fix # 2: Check out Hosts’ File
If the updated version of iTunes does not help you to resolve the error, then proceed with the next methods. You need to check the hosts’ files to ensure that your system can connect with the updated server. Because disruption in the connection may be due to the faulty hosts files. So, try to modify it to get rid of this error. Follow these steps:
- At first, open the Finder application, and then go to the Utilities option. After that, open the Terminal option and then, type the following command and hit the Return button:
sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
- After that, put the password to sign in your system and press the Return button.
- In the Terminal option, you will find the hosts files. After that, move to the next option using the arrow key and find the entry which contains gs.apple.com
- At the beginning of the gs.apple.com, add the # symbol and space.
- To save the file, hit the Control + O key together.
- When asked for the filename, press the Return button.
- At last, press Control + X to exit from the window and then restart your system. After that, try to upgrade or restore your iOS device again.
Fix # 3: Force Quit iTunes and Restart the Computer
At first, right click on the iTunes icon and then select the Force Quit iTunes option. Click on the Apple menu at the top right corner and then select the Restart option.
Fix # 4: Check Network Connection and Security
This error may also be caused due to the faulty network connections on your device. So, check if the network you are using is correctly configured. Make sure that your device is connected with the internet. Otherwise, restart your system and router or contact the network provider. Try to use an Ethernet cable to connect your device with the modem. You need to uninstall the security software temporarily. At last, check whether you are able to update your iPhone or not.
Fix # 6: Restore or Update from another Computer
After applying the above steps if you are still unable to resolve the issue, then try to update your device from another computer. On the other hand, you can also choose a different WiFi network in order to complete the process.
On the whole, the iOS error 3194 occurs due to many reasons. So there are a lot of solutions for them as well. In the above article, we have thoroughly discussed the most effective of the solutions to fix the issue. Hope, the solutions that we have provided helps you fix the issue without any trouble.