Hewlett Packard is the most well-known company in the information technology arena. This company has a product range starting from the computer hardware and software to the IT services and consulting. Among all the products that this company manufactures, its printers are one of the best. Due to an abundance of unique features in the HP printers, these devices have gotten quite popular. Despite all the unique features in every HP printers, even then you can get some errors. One error that you may get is the HP printer printing blank pages. In the next section, you will get the reasons why this error happens along with some reliable fixes.
What Are Reasons Behind HP Printer Printing Blank Pages?
- If the ink cartridges are empty somehow, then you can get this issue.
- You can encounter this problem in your HP printer if the ink cartridge gets disconnected.
- If the size of the paper that is put inside the printer is not correct, then also you can get this issue.
- When there is any dry ink in the printer roller and if the nozzle on the print head gets clogged up due to it, then it is possible for you to face this very issue.
- If the printer’s device driver settings are not correctly configured or are malfunctioning, then you might come across the HP printer printing blank pages.
In the following section, you will get several steps to solve the given error.
Solutions To Fix HP Printer Printing Blank Pages
This section will provide you with the easiest solutions to solve the HP printer printing blank pages.
Examine Ink Cartridges
When you start printing a document, then always check the ink toner/cartridges to see if it is empty or not. If the ink cartridge is empty, then you can either fill the cartridge with a correct color or fully replace the entire cartridge with a new one. When the ink finishes, the printer will show the warning signs. Follow the steps mentioned below to examine the cartridges.
Install Cartridge In The Proper Position
If the ink cartridge is full and is ready for printing, then due to improper installation, you can get this error. If you fail to remove the protective cover from the ink cartridge, then also the device might print out blank pages. Therefore, the best solution for you is to remove the protective cover from the cartridge and then print your documents. Follow the given steps to install the ink cartridges correctly.
- First, open the front lid of your printer device, and then, pull the cartridge out.
- Now, if you have installed a new cartridge, then after taking it out, just remove the protective cover or tape from the cartridge.
- After that, put the ink cartridge in the proper position and check if it is fixed in one place.
- Due to a glitch in some programs, you can also get this error.
- Finally, see if the nozzle on the ink cartridge is over the print head or not. Then, power on your printer and start printing the documents.
Put Paper Of Correct Size
If by any chance, you have altered the size of the paper setting using a program and have inserted papers with the wrong size in the paper feeder, then you can find the HP printer printing blank pages. Thus, the solution to resolve this issue is to either change the paper size settings in the program or you can put paper that has a correct size according to the settings. To change the paper size settings, follow the mentioned steps.
- First, switch on your printer. Then, go to the ‘Printer Settings’.
- Now, select the settings of the paper size and then, follow the on-screen instructions to set it correctly.
Clear Your HP Printer Head
If you use the printer for a very long period, then the nozzle of your ink cartridge in the printer can get dry and thus, your printer cannot print anything and instead gives out a blank page. Even the print head can get clogged up due to the dry ink which can also present you with this error. There is an automatic and a manual solution to remove the clogged ink from the print head. If you want to unclog the print head automatically, then look for the automatic setting to clean the print head of your printer and the nozzle of the ink cartridge.
To clean the print head manually, follow the steps below.
- First, shut down your HP printer, then remove the cartridge along with the printhead assembly. This assembly can be different for the various HP printer models, so read the instruction manual beforehand.
- After that, take a cotton swab or a lint-free cloth to remove the clogged up ink from the nozzle and the print head of the printer.
- When the cleaning process is over, re-install the print head and the ink cartridge back into the printer
- Finally, check if the printer is able to print or not.
Use A Different Application
If you are getting the HP printer printing blank pages error while you try to print a document from an application, then try open that same document in some other application and try to print that document. If it prints perfectly, then there might be some glitches in the previous software.
Keep Printer Drivers Up To Date
If there is an obsolete driver, then your printer can get the HP printer printing blank pages issue. Also, if the driver is not correctly installed, then you can encounter this issue. The best solution to resolve this problem is to update the driver to its latest version or uninstall and then reinstall it. You can uninstall the driver from the ‘Device Manager.’ Then, from the manufacturer’s website, download the latest driver and install it to your machine. In order to update the driver of your HP printer, go to the ‘Device Manager’ again, then find the driver of your printer in the ‘Printer devices’ category. Now, right-click on the driver and select the ‘Update driver’ option from the list that appears. Finally, try to print a document and check if your HP printer is working properly or not.