HP is among the top brands which excel in manufacturing premium quality printing devices. With unmatched and unique functionalities, it has always been successful in serving all the purposes. But after an extended period of usage, some errors are bound to occur. One of the most commonly encountered error is HP printer driver is unavailable. This error generally occurs on the status of the driver software thereby restricting your printer from performing the printing tasks. Therefore, this error requires proper attention to resolve at the earliest as delaying might cause further damage which might hamper the entire device. So if you are unable to troubleshoot the error on your own, take help from this article. Here, we are going to discuss all the probable solutions and methods that will make your task much easier.
Effective Methods To Rectify HP Printer Driver Is Unavailable
Any error on your printing device is dangerous. Hence, it is always wise to take preventive measures as soon as you face the error. Same is the case with your HP printer. When you find HP printer driver is unavailable, at first, you have to identify the exact cause of it and then rectify it with the most potential solutions. If the driver of your printer is not up-to-date or corrupted, this error occurs. Due to this, the computer is unable to identify your printing device. However, this error can be fixed with a couple of tweaks. If you are unaware of the process to fix this error, then try the easy methods that are given below:
Method 1: Uninstall The Printer
While troubleshooting issues when HP printer driver is unavailable, there are mainly two main effective solutions that you can try out. Among the two, one of the best solutions is to uninstall the printer and its all related softwares and then install it back again. Doing so will help to install the default drivers that can help in eliminating this error. Therefore, do the following:
- In the dialogue box, press Windows + R on your keyboard and then type “Control”. Now, ensure to press the Enter key after that. Once the control panel opens, ensure that the View By option is selected as Large Icons. Then, select the Devices and Printers option.
- Soon a list will appear with the name of printers. Now, right-click on the printer with which you are facing a problem and select the “Remove device” option.
- Now, again press Windows + R on your keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc”. Head over to the “Print queues” category.
- Right-click on the printer that you use and select “Uninstall device” option. (This option might not be present in case you have removed the printer from the Control Panel).
- Now, in the dialogue box, press Windows + R type “appwiz.cpl” and hit the Enter key. All the application in a list will appear on the screen.
- Right-click on all your printer application and then select the “Uninstall” option.
- After you are done with the above steps, unplug the printer from your computer if it is connecting via a USB connection or if it is using a wireless connection, disconnect it from the router.
- Shut down your computer, printer and your router. For of all of them, plug out the power supply. Plug everything back after waiting for around 10 minutes and start all the modules.
- Using a USB cable initially, connect the printer with your computer. Wait until it detects and allows it to install the required drivers.
- Now, go back to the Control Panel, then right-click on the device and select the option “Set as default printer”. Now try printing a test page to check whether the problem is solved or not.
Method 2: Reinstall The Latest Drivers Manually
There are cases where the drivers get broken due to a Windows update. This indicates the drivers that are updated might be problematic and might not be compatible with all systems. This is generally much more noticed with HP printers. Therefore, the best way to resolve this issue is to update the selected driver manually. So to perform the steps that are given below:
Before, just go to the manufacturer’s website and then download the exact hardware driver which is appropriate.
- To launch, Press Windows + R on your keyboard and Run. Now, in the dialogue box, type “devmgmt.msc”and hit the Enter key. Doing so will help to launch the Device Manager of your computer.
- Navigate through all the hardware, open the “Print queues” sub menu. Right click on your printer hardware and select the “Update driver” options.
- Soon a pop-up dialogue box will appear asking you which way do you want to update your driver. Select the second option (Browse my computer for driver software) and proceed.
- Using the browse button select the driver file you have downloaded when it appears and then update it accordingly.
- Check if the printer is working properly at this point. Now, Run the package and click on the Next option.
- Then, from the option given, select the Hide updates. Now select the Printer Update and press the Continue button. Then, Windows Update will not automatically update the drivers of the printer until you tell it to.
All the above methods and steps are effective and proven and hence will help you out to get the most fruitful results thereby eliminating the error. But in case, you are still facing any trouble or confusion, feel free to post your queries.