Google Drive is a cloud storage that enables you to store files safely beyond the capacity of the hard drive. Moreover, it creates a backup of your previous files and you can access this service on any device. It allows you to edit documents and share photos and videos as well. Though is popular among users for its error-free features, it can sometimes become inaccessible. As a result, you may receive the Google Drive server error. If you face this error, then you cannot access the files you have stored in Google Drive. So it is of utmost importance to fix such an issue as quick as possible to end all the inconveniences.
Simple Tricks To Fix Google Drive Server Error
If you apply any of the methods mentioned below, then you will get an easy way out from this issue.
Clear Browser Cache And Cookies
On Firefox Windows 7
- Open Firefox browser and select on ‘History.’
- Click on the ‘Time range to clear’ and select the desired range from the drop-down menu to clear the cache.
- Select ‘Everything’ if you want to clear the entire cache.
- Go to the ‘Details’ tab and choose the elements which you want to clear from your browsing history.
- Click ‘Clear Now’ button and close all Firefox Windows.
- Reopen Firefox to check that you have cleared the cache completely.
On Firefox Windows 10
- Open Firefox and select ‘History’ from the ‘Menu’ bar. If the ‘Menu’ bar is not visible, then click ‘Alt’ to make it visible.
- Click on ‘Clear recent history’ and select the time range for which you want to clear your browsing history.
- Go to the ‘Details’ tab and select the parts of history or click ‘All items’ to clear the entire cache.
- Now click on the ‘Clear Now’ button to begin the deletion process.
- After Windows has cleared the cache entirely, close all Firefox Windows and exit Firefox.
On Firefox On Mac
- Open Mozilla Firefox on your Mac device.
- Go to ‘Menu,’ choose ‘History,’ and select ‘Clear recent history.’
- Click on ‘Time Range to clear’ in the new Window that appears on your device.
- Expand the ‘Details’ section and mark the elements such as cookies, download history, etc. whichever you want to delete.
- Select ‘Everything’ to clear the entire browser cache.
- Tap the ‘Clear Now’ button to delete the selected items.
On Chrome On Android Devices
- Open Chrome on your device and tap the ‘Menu’ button.
- Select ‘Settings’ and click on the ‘Privacy’ option in the next Window.
- Select the ‘Clear Now’ option to get the list of things which you can delete.
- Choose the specific options such as cache from the list and click on ‘Clear data.’
- Instead of selecting and clearing the cache manually, you can use the automatic method also. If you apply this method, then it will clear the entire cache when you will exit the Firefox browser. But, remember that you can’t use this method to delete the selected items.
On Chrome Windows 7 and 10
- Open Chrome browser on your computer and click on the ‘Tools’ icon located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then click on ‘More Tools’ and select ‘Clear Browsing Data.’
- Check the ‘All Time’ box to delete all your browsing data. But, select the time range if you want to delete the data for a specified period.
- After that, check all the boxes for ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ and tap on the ‘Clear Data’ button.
Try Another Web Browser
If you are unable to access Google Drive on a particular browser, then try it with another one. If you still get the error message that Google drive server has encountered an error, then move your way down to the next method.
Open Google Drive In The Incognito Window
- Open Chrome, click on the ‘Tools’ icon and select ‘New incognito window.’
- The ‘incognito’ window opens with the ‘incognito’ icon on the middle of the window.
- Alternatively, you can press ‘Ctrl+Shift+n’ shortcut on the keyboard to open the ‘incognito’ window on Windows, Linux or Chrome Operating System.
- If you are a Mac user, then use ‘ ⌘ + Shift + n’ combination to access Google Drive directly on your device.
Hope this article is able to assist you to at least to some extent to troubleshoot Google Drive server error at your desk.