Gmail is one of the best free email services which is available in almost 100 languages. There is no question that Google has reached its victory due to the ability and impressive features it has. However, we should not overlook the features of Gmail that hold its user’s satisfaction and also its seamless combination between devices, from mobile to desktop.
But nowadays, no software is flawless, and Gmail is certainly no such exception. Also, Gmail is much more stable as well as less buggy compared to other competing services such as Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail and so many more. However, one such error is syncing which Google has failed to solve permanently for many years. When it happens the Windows prompts the notification ‘sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.’
If you are in the same situation, then nothing to be getting worried. We are here to help you. Here in this article, we are going to discuss some easy methods by which can easily fix this issue. So, if you are tired of searching the solutions for Gmail not syncing, then you are on the right page. You would be advised to go through the below article carefully to get rid of such error.
Problems you might face when your Gmail App Won’t Sync:
If you are encountering Gmail not syncing issue, then you might face the problems given below.
- Problems in receiving the new emails.
- When you are going to send a mail, then the system might hang.
- ‘Account not synced’ showing on the display.
- Gmail application becomes too slow.
- Can’t read or open a new email.
Solve Gmail Not Syncing issue with Amazing Hacks:
When you are facing such kinds of error, then it becomes difficult to use the Gmail for any necessary purpose. At first, you need to restart the system. Sometimes, many errors get resolved after restarting the device. If you see that the error still persists, then you need to follow the methods given below.
Solution 1: Perform a Manual Syncing
This solution is quite easy to implement as well as it has a huge success rate. But there is also a disadvantage of this method and therefore it has been considered as a temporary solution at times. That means, it will return all the stuff linked back to the Gmail account up to date, but this solution won’t make it complete in the future. To perform this, perform the below steps.
- Move the cursor to the upper right side of the Gmail window and click on the gear-shaped Setting icon. Now, scroll down the list and click on the Accounts.
- Now, you have to find and click on the Google entry option.
- After that, you have to make sure that all the entries are on. Click on the ‘Sync Now’ option. You can find the Sync Now button at the bottom side of the display. Alternatively, if you prefer you can go to the top right corner of the display. It depends on the producing company of the device.
Note: If you are using multiple accounts, then you need to repeat the above steps.
Solution 2: Clear the Gmail Cache and Data
If you have followed the above method and still the error persists, then you need to clear the cache and data from the Google application. It can fix your issue and resume the normal syncing functionality. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Click on the gear-shaped Settings option on the Gmail window. Then, click on the Apps.
- Now, you need to make sure that the ‘All apps’ option is selected. Now, scroll down the list till you will see the Gmail entry.
- Hit on the Gmail option and click again on the option ‘Storage.’
- Tap on the Clear data. Now, you need to wait for a few time until the process to finish. Click on the option ‘Clear cache.’
If the Gmail not syncing problems are not restricted to Gmail, then you have to repeat the above steps again with another Google application such as Newsstand or Calendar.
Solution 3: Check for the Updates
Some of the Android versions systems is determined to have this difficulty with Gmail. Most of the time, it will be fixed by updating the Gmail application. Hence, you need to check if the updated version of the Gmail apps can solve this issue. To perform the same, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Hit on the Settings. Scroll down the list and find for the option ‘Software Updates.’
You can find the Update option by going to the ‘About’ or ‘About Device tab’ option.
- Click on the ‘Check for Updates’ option and see if any new update of the Gmail is available there.
- If you find any new version, then click on the option ‘Install’ and wait for a few time until it reboots the system.
- Now, you need to check to see if the Gmail is started to syncing normally.
Solution 4: Enable the Automatic Date and Time
In some cases, Google syncing gets stopped if you disable the automatic date and time. If you insert the date, time or the time zone manually, then there is a possibility that this problem might occur. Hence, to re-enable this, you need to perform the steps mentioned below.
- At first, open the Settings of the Gmail app as we mentioned earlier. Then, you need to check the entry named Date and Time. You can see this by going to the System tab.
If you can’t locate it, then you need to find it by going to the ‘Advanced Settings entry.’
- Open the Date and Time entry. Now, enable the Automatic date & time as well as the Automatic time zone.
- Repeat the above steps to perform a manual sync. Now, check if it resolves the Gmail waiting for sync issue.
In the above article, we have explained some easy tips and tricks to solve Gmail waiting for sync issue. We hope, after successfully performing the above steps, you can solve this issue permanently. If you still need any help or having trouble while performing the above steps, then you need to consult an experienced tech-expert to fix this error within a short span of time.