Xpcom is a development environment which develops the main framework of Mozilla Firefox. However, like any other browser, Firefox also faces several technical glitches. Sometimes, you can notice that Firefox couldn’t load XPCOM. It is none but a Windows update error. If you experience this issue while using Firefox, follow this article till the end. It includes several guidelines to overcome this issue.
At first, take a look at the causes behind this error which is equally important to start the troubleshooting process.
Reasons Why Firefox Failed Load XPCOM
You can encounter this error after installing an update in Windows. There is no specific cause to encounter this glitch but as a possible cause, we can say that you can encounter this error due to an infected Windows update. Or there can be some corrupted files in the system that are causing the glitch.
Fix Firefox Couldn’t Load XPCOM Error On Your Own
Here, more than one hacks are provided to troubleshoot this frequent error. Try to follow all of them to get rid of this.
Method 1: Repair Corrupted Files
You can face this error due to corrupted system files. On that note, try to repair the system files.
To perform this action follow the steps given below-
- Click the Start button, into the Search box type “cmd“.
- When Command Prompt appears in the search results, Right click on it and select Run as Administrator
- Now type the command SFC /SCANNOW and press enter.
- The System File Checker will now check all the files that make up your copy of Windows and repair any it finds are corrupt.
Though it will take some time, this process can repair the corrupted files instantly and the bug will be fixed. If not then as an alternative method, try to use internet explorer. However, if the error persists then focus on the next method.
Method 2: Run The Troubleshooter
As an alternative method, you can run the troubleshooter to troubleshoot this error. But it is not a permanent solution. If this error still exists then try to Uninstall Firefox and try to install a fresh version of it.
Method 3: Update Firefox
You can also overcome this issue by downloading a fresh version of it. To perform this action, go to the developer’s website and download a fresh version of it. After the updating process will be done, this glitch will be resolved. If the error still pops-up then try another method given below.
Method 4: Reinstall Firefox
Here, we have the gist of the process, but the process of How To Reinstall Firefox has more details to it. Anyway, to perform this action –
- Click on start and in the search box, type Control Panel. Click on the OK.
- After this process Control Panel will open.
- On the Control Panel, find the option Programs and features. Click on that option.
- After that process, you will be able to see a long list of applications.
- From that list, find Firefox. Now, right click on it.
- Uninstall option will open. Click on that and click on OK to continue.
Firefox will be uninstalled. after that process reinstall Firefox browser by downloading it from the developers’ website. After a clean installation process, this bug will be fixed.
Web browsers can, just like any other piece of software technology, give you issues. The error code messages are among the most common. But the fact of the matter is that with the instructional guides that we have put up on our Errorcode0x. You’ll be able to fix them all by yourself.