If you are getting ” failure configuring windows updates reverting changes” error message then don’t be frustrated. It is a common error you can face while using this OS. Try to follow this article till the end to overcome this issue quickly. In order to resolve the issue at first let’s focus on the causes as well as symptoms behind this error which is equally important to know.
Symptoms And Causes To Execute Failure Configuring Windows Updates Reverting Changes
When this frustrating error appears then the active window for installation crashes and you encounter ” Failure configuring windows updates. Reverting changes. Don’t turn off your computer” error message.
You can come across with this error due to an infected Windows installation.
As you gather some information about this error, now let’s focus on the troubleshooting process.
Easy Hacks To Troubleshoot Failure Configuring Windows Updates Reverting changes Error
Well, you can face this error due to several reasons but you can also troubleshoot it using several methods. Here, experts have provided all of them. Try to follow it carefully.
Method 1: Unplug All Removable Media
Once you face this error then try to remove all unwanted media such as Blu-ray disks, DVDs, CDs, Memory cards, and USB flash drivers from your computer. Perform a clean boot with your system. If the error still persists then try some other methods given below.
Method 2: Install a Clean Update
If you are using an outdated version of Windows then you can face this kind of error with your system. On that note, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
For Windows 7 and Vista
To update the Windows version, Windows 7 and Vista users, go to the start button and perform the steps:
- Go to the search option and type Windows Update.
- Click on the first option. Hit enter to continue.
- After performing a clean update, try to check the error state. If it persists then try to follow some other methods.
For Windows 8 users
- Go to the search.
- After that go to the Settings and from that option go to the Change PC settings.
- Now, choose Update and recovery and click on the Windows update.
- Hit enter to continue and after this process, try to check the error status. If the error persists then try to follow some other methods given below.
Method 3: Perform An In-place Upgrade
You can also troubleshoot this error by performing an in-place upgrade. On that note, try to follow the given instructions-
- Insert the Windows Vista or Windows 7 DVD in the computer’s DVD drive. A Setup window will open.
- In the Setup window, select Install Now.
In that case, If your Windows fails to detect the DVD then try to follow these steps:
- Select Start, and then type Drive:\setup.exe in the Start Search box.
- In the Programs list, select Setup.exe.
- In the Setup window, select Install Now.
- Select Go online to get the latest updates to install.
- Type the CD key as prompted.
- Select the operating system in the Install Windows page you want to upgrade.
- Select Yes to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- Go to the screen update and select Upgrade.
- When the installation is complete, restart your computer.
If the error persists, then follow some other methods given below.
Method 4: Restore Your System
You can also avoid this error by performing a restore process with your system. On that note, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
Windows 8 users
- Insert Windows 8 installation disk in the disc drive and then restart the computer.
- You will be prompted to start from the disc. After getting that prompt, press any key.
- Tap on ‘Repair your computer’.
- Now, click on the troubleshoot after that click on the advanced option.
- Click your version of Windows 8 and click on the System Restore, tap the restore point you want, and then click on ‘Next to continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process. After this process, restart your computer.
Windows 7 or Vista Users
In case of Windows 7 or Vista users, try to login to your administrative account and perform a clean restore process.
After performing this action, you will be able to troubleshoot this issue on your own. Try to follow each and every step carefully. It is recommended not to skip anyone to get the best results.