When you try to install a new program or re-install any driver, usually the exception code: 0xc0000005 appears. Therefore, the running programs crash immediately and your system starts to freeze on a frequent basis.
Major Symptoms Of Windows Exception Code: 0xc0000005
Before fixing this exception issues, you need to know the possible symptoms and their genuine reasons that will be beneficial for you. Moreover, it easily helps to enhance the system’s performance.
- While you try to install a new program, it will show an unexpected exception processing message 0xc0000005 and the program get stuck after a certain time.
- The installed application doesn’t start even after clicking several times on them and the system starts to lag.
- The active program starts to crash automatically.
How To Fix Error 0xc0000005 With Technical Troubleshooting Measures
There are several ways to overcome the exception code: 0xc0000005 effectively. Here, we have discussed some of them that help you to resolve the problems and increase the system performance as well. So, you can try to perform the methods given below to avoid all the Windows Unexpected Error.
Fix Windows Registry
An improper file installation can create this Windows registry error very often. The files which are downloaded is not installed properly or may be corrupted for Windows Registry failure issue, Then, the one and the only way to fix the issue is to repair the Windows Registry files.
- Press Windows+R keys together from the keyboard and type “regedit”. Then, press Enter key and Windows Registry window.
- Then, go to the left panel and choose the option HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and select the Software section.
- After that, click on Windows NT from Microsoft and go to Current Version.
- Click on Windows and open the AppInit_Dlls.
- Double tap on the LoadAppInit_DLLs and change the value from 1 to 0.
- Hit the Enter key or click on the OK to confirm the changes.
- When done, close the Registry Editor window and reboot your system successfully.
Run SFC Scan
A system file corruption or the files associated with the System Software causes the “exception code: 0xc0000005”. To remove this difficulty, you can run the SFC/Scannow command successfully.
- Press Windows Key and type “cmd” in the search box. It will show a list of programs in the Start menu.
- Choose Command Prompt from it and right-click on the menu.
- Then, choose the option Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu. A command Prompt Admin window will appear on the screen.
- Now, enter the correct username and Admin passcode to log in the account.
- Type “sfc/scannow” and press Enter to run the command.
- It will take a few minutes to finish the scanning process. When done, restart your PC and run an application to check whether the exception code: 0xc0000005 appears on the screen or not.
Turn Off DEP
Data Execution Prevention is a built-in file of Windows that protects the system from the virus and other security threats. But, some of the files are not compatible with this protective file and causes this exception processing message 0xc0000005.
- Sign in to the Windows as Administrator with a correct user Id and password.
- Click on the Start button and type “sysdm.cpl” in the search box. Press Enter key.
- Then, tap on the Advanced tab and click the Settings button.
- In the Settings window, you will get multiple tabs and choose the Data Execution Tab.
- Here, click the checkbox “ Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”.
- Tap on the Add button and add all the data associated with executable files by click on Browse. It will represent a list of data that causes this exceptional error.
- Finally, click on the OK button and reboot your device successfully.
Run Hardware Troubleshooter
Hardware failure might affect the Windows files and triggers the file corruption issues. Therefore, the system will show the “Windows exception code 0xc0000005” while you try to open the application programs or perform any task in your system.
- Press the Windows key and the “Troubleshooting’ in the search bar of the Start menu. Then, hit the Enter key.
- Now, click on View All from the top left corner of the active window and it will display a list of built-in troubleshooters.
- Choose Hardware and Devices from that list and run the Troubleshooter.
- This troubleshooting process will take several minutes to find the corrupted hardware devices.
- Then, click on Apply Fixes to resolve the Windows exception issue.
- Reboot the PC or laptop while done.
Scan System With Security Software
A malware attack is sometimes responsible for the file corruption. Therefore, while you want to access the file, hen it shows the Windows exception error.
- First, download and install a system security software successfully.
- Now, open that software by double-tapping on that specific icon.
- Select the Scan tab.
- Choose Quick Scan or Full Scan as per your requirements and start to scan.
- It will take several minutes to complete the scanning process.
- When done, restart the Window and check whether the Windows exception code 0xc0000005 appears or not.
If the memory slot is corrupted somehow, then it becomes a problem in handling the Windows exception. Moreover, it helps to diagnose the memory as well as fix the other memory problems.
- Turn off your system and remove all the cables from your device.
- Open the Memory slot and replace RAM from it.
- Now, reboot your system and check whether the problem persists or not.
Update Disk Driver
If you use the printer drivers or the graphics card driver which is out of date, then it is a common error. Without updating the specific drivers and repair the corrupted section you can’t able to run any application programs.
- Click on the Windows key and type “devicemngr” in the search box. Now, hit the Enter key and open the Device Manager window.
- Here, you will get a list of installed drivers. Double-click on the Disk Drivers.
- Now, right-click on the drive where the Windows programs are installed.
- Choose Update Driver and open the Update Driver dialog box.
- Click on the option Search automatically for updated driver software. It will help to find out the available driver.
- If it doesn’t find any new driver, then try to download and install it as soon as possible to avoid this problem.
- Then, browse the disk files and update them one after another. It will take a few minutes to upgrade the list of files.
If the above process doesn’t resolve the problem, you may try with the following methods. You need to uninstall drivers and re-install them accordingly.
- Open the Device Manager window.
- Right-click on the disk drivers and click on the Uninstall Driver instead of Update option.
- Now, reboot your device and try to re-install the latest version. When done, check whether the problem persists or not.
Repair Application Program
Many times, it has been seen that the application programs trigger the Windows exception error. Then, it shows the exception code: 0xc0000005 and the system starts to lag.
- Press Windows key and type “control” in the search box. Now, hit the Enter button to open the Control Panel window.
- Now, go to the Programs & Features menu and choose the application programs one after another.
- Select Repair (use Change in absence of the Repair).
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions and let them for a few minutes to finish the process.
- When done, The system will reboot automatically.
Run Check Disk Files
A corrupt hard drive of the Windows files is responsible for showing the exception code: 0xc0000005. To perform this program, you can fix the problem as well as repair the disk related errors efficiently.
- Type “cmd” in the search box and right-click on the Command Prompt option.
- Now, choose the option Run as Administrator.
- Login your Command Prompt window as Admin.
- Type “chkdsk C: /f/r/x” and hit the Enter key to run the command.
- It will check the disk file and identify the errors. After that, resolve it one by one. Don’t turn off the system until the process is finished.
Update The Browser
Sometimes, an outdated browser can diminish the performance of the system. Therefore, the Windows files are unable to give a real-time response. To remove this Windows exception error, you can use to fix the problem immediately.
- Click on the Browser icon and launch it.
- Tap on the Customize and Control button (three dotted symbol) from the upper-right corner of the browser window.
- Choose Help from the list of items.
- Click on About section and it will start the upgrade process if a new update is available.
- Close the browser and re-launch it while the update process is finished.
In the above context, you will get the solutions to fix the exception code: 0xc0000005. Moreover, you can fix other system issues such as the Disk related problems, memory corruption problems, etc. Similarly, you will get help to fix the malware problems and save your system from the external security threats.
Furthermore, you can fix the hardware issues by running the hardware troubleshooters. Therefore, we hope that you will get an idea of how to how to fix error 0xc0000005 efficiently. If you go through the entire article properly, you can easily driver outdated issues and the browsers related difficulties within a short period of time.