Have you got stuck with the error code 0xc190020e? while you are manually trying to install Windows updates. If this is the case, do not worry, because now you have arrived at the right article. By doing a complete study of this article, you will get to learn the methods, with the help of which you can fix this problem efficiently without facing any further issue. The reasons predicted by the experts which are causing the error 0xc190020e are mainly due to less space left on the device or might be due to corrupt Windows installation files.
Effects of the Windows 10 Error Code 0xc190020e:
If you get the Windows 10 update error code 0xc190020e once, then most probably you are aware of the symptoms which are as stated below.
- The system runs slowly: A problem with the system files can bitter the user experience of the device. And this generates a slow response to your indicated task.
- Problem to open certain applications on your device: If your system files get corrupted, it may be due to a virus attack. Once this issue occurs, then you will not be allowed to open some of the applications which are present in your system. This is another effect which you might see after you get the error 0xc190020e.
- Some of the files get open automatically: This is another effect which irritates the users.
If these are the issues you are stuck with and not able to fix the error in any means, then proceed with these below methods. With the applications of these methods, many of the users have succeeded in solving the error 0xc190020e.
Methods to Solve Microsoft Error Code 0xc190020e:
There are several identified methods to apply, with the help of which you can solve the error code 0xc190020e. So, without worrying about the error, try these below methods one-by-one until you resolve the matter.
Method 1: Enhance Disk Space Usage
This is the method which you can try at first to fix the error 0xc190020e. So, proceed with these steps below.
- At first, from the computer screen, navigate the mouse pointer to “This PC” and then right-click on it.
- After that, from this available menu, select the Properties option.
- Then, from this popping up window, look at the left-hand side panel, you will get an option as “Advanced system settings”, click on it.
- Next, under this System Properties window, click on the “System Protection” tab.
- Further, on this System Properties window, you will get a section as Protection Settings with all the Available Drives options. Among these options, click on the system drive, which is in generally the C: drive. On doing this, you will get the “System Protection for (C:) Local Disk” titled window open.
- Now, go to the Disk Space Usage section of this window. Then, move the “Max Usage:” besides slider to a slight right-hand direction. This is to enhance the space allocated to System Protection.
- After that, click on Apply and OK button to confirm this change on your computer.
- Next, close all the opening windows on the screen and go for the system restart.
- Thereafter, check, if you can perform the Windows update installation task without getting the error message 0xc190020e.
Method 2: Run System File Checker and DISM tool
After following these above steps, if still, the error gets pop-up during the Windows update installation process, then try this method. The steps to follow this method are listed below.
- Firstly, open the Administrator: Command Prompt window. And for this, tap the Windows key once, and then type “cmd” on this search bar. Next, check the top-most search result which is most probably cmd or Command Prompt, right-click on it. After that, from the available menu, click on the “Run as administrator” option. This will open the black background Administrator: Command Prompt window.
- Now, on the Administrator: Command Prompt, type “sfc /scannow”, without the quotations. Also, try to keep the space between sfc and /scannow to run the appropriate command.
- After that, press the Enter button to execute.
- Then, wait until the scanning loads to 100 percent. As the scanning is done, it will show you the result on the screen, read it thoroughly. Many times the scanning itself is sufficient to fix most of the common errors on Windows. After you are done with the “sfc /scannow” command, now continue with the DISM tool for completing this method to get the error resolved. For this, continue with the steps below.
- Next, on this same Administrator: Command Prompt window, enter this below-said command. Again, press the Enter button to execute.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- As the above-said command gets executed, now close all the windows and restart your system. Now, as it turns on, hopefully, you will get the success in performing the Windows update installation task.
Method 3: Modify Registry Entries
Many of the users solve the error 0xc190020e with the help of the modifying registry entries. So, you can try the steps stated below.
- To begin with, at first, press both the Windows and the letter R key at a time. This is to open the Run bar window.
- After that, on the Run bar, type “regedit”, without the quotations. Then, press the Enter button to get the Registry Editor window on the screen.
- Next, go to the top left-hand side corner of the Registry Editor window and click on File.
- Now, from the File menu, select the “Export” option.
- Then, from the left-panel choice a location, where you want to keep the backup file save.
- Further, click on the File Name section and enter a name for it and then click on the Export button to continue.
- From the left-hand panel, click twice on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder to expand.
- Next, continue to follow the path as below.
- SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Current Version\\WindowsUpdate\\OSUpgrade
- After that, right-click on an empty space on this Registry Editor window and take the mouse pointer on New. Then, this will open up the related options, from which click on “DWORD (XX-bit) Value”.
- Then set the name as AllowOSUpgrade and enter the value 1 for it.
- Further, close the registry editor window and restart your PC.
After ending this method, retry for the Windows update installation process. This time you may get rid of the error code 0xc190020e.
Method 4: Empty the $Windows.~BT Folder
$Windows.~BT is the temporary folder which automatically gets placed into your device when you proceed with the Windows updating task. It also remains hidden on to your device. So, normally you will not able to see it. Thus, to delete the contents of the “$Windows.~BT” folder, you need to go through the steps as below.
- First of all, press both the Windows and the letter R key at the same time, to open the Run bar window.
- Then, on the Run bar, enter this below line and press the Enter button to select the OK option, which is highlighted with the blue border. This will navigate you to the “$Windows.~BT” folder.
- After that, open the “$Windows.~BT” folder by clicking twice on it. Then, press both the Ctrl and the letter A key at the same time to select all the contents under this folder. You can know it by seeing the blue border surrounds each file.
- Next, right-click on any of these selected files and click on the Delete option to complete this method.
- After which, retry to update your Windows to its latest version using the installation media files via USB or CD. Hopefully, you will not see the error 0xc190020e in this time.
Method 5: Uninstall More Space Occupied App(s)
If sufficient space is not left on your device, then this can restrict you to perform the Windows update installation task. If this is the case, then you can fix it simply by removing the more space captured apps which are installed in your device, but you are not using it. And most probably, the steps to follow to uninstall the app(s) is most familiar to you. If not, then they are listed as below.
- At first, open the Control Panel window. For this, type control on the Windows search bar which you will get by pressing the Windows key once. Then, press the Enter button.
- As the Control Panel window gets open, check the “View by” section on it, is it set to Category or not. And if not, then drop down the menu besides to it and select the Category option among the available ones.
- After that, from the available options under the Control Panel, select Programs> Programs and Features.
- Now, as all the installed programs list get appears on the screen. From this list, search for the application which you want to delete. Then right-click on it and select on Uninstall. After doing this, again click on Uninstall to confirm.
By the application of all these above steps, you can make your device space empty. After which you may not face the space-related issues during the Windows updating process.
Upgrade the System Using Windows 10 Installation Media
To install the Windows update, using the installation media, the steps which you need to follow are as below.
- First of all, you need to connect the installation device to your computer. It may be in terms of USB or CD.
- After that, reboot the PC. For this, you need to restart the computer. Then, as the screen glows, press the significant key with the help of which the booting is done.
- Next, a screen will open up where you can set your language, region, and keyboard/input. After setting those sections correctly, click on Next option.
- Further, click on Install Now and go through all the onscreen instructions to install the Windows successfully.
All these mentioned above are the methods with the help of which you can fix the error code 0xc190020e. After that, you can pleasantly use your computer with all the latest updating features on it. Hopefully, now you can help others as well to get rid of this error code with the help of the above-said methods.