Chrome is web browser developed by Google Inc. This application was initially released in the year 2008 for the Microsoft Windows. Then, this application was also made for Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android. You can get this browser for free as this is coded with the help of Google’s Chromium project which is open source. This software has become one of the most used web applications because of its simple user interface, plenty of unique features and extensions. Although, Google Chrome has so many unique features and capabilities and a simple user interface. Even then also you might encounter a plethora of problems. One such kind of glitch that you may get while using it is err_name_not_resolved. In the next section you will get the reasons for this very error.
Reasons On Why Does This Error Occurs
This section provides various reasons behind the occurrence of this error.
- If the cookie files in your browser get corrupt or obsolete then you might get this problem.
- Due to some corruption in the DNS cache also you can face this issue.
If the firewall or security blocks the network connection or browser then you can also face the err_name_not_resolved problem.
- When the network connection gets interrupted due to no internet connectivity, then also you can get this error.
Solutions To Rectify This Error
In this section of the article, you will get the possible solutions that will help you to correct the err_name_not_resolved issue.
Clean All The Cookies Within Chrome Browser
The cookies are the files that contain some information related to the website that you visit. Sometimes when these files get corrupted somehow then there is a chance for you to face this error. Thus the solution to resolve this issue is to follow the steps below.
Launch Google Chrome, then in the address bar type the following – ‘chrome://settings/clearBrowserData’ and hit the key ‘Enter’ to open ‘Clear Browsing Data’ window.
- In this window, put a tick mark on the option ‘Cookies and other site and plugin data’. Then go to the label ‘Obliterate the following items from:’ and then choose ‘the beginning of time’ from the drop down menu. Next, tap on the button ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Now, you will have wait for sometime and allow the computer to perform its operation. When the deletion process is over, inspect that if you are getting this issue again or not.
Alter Address Of DNS Server To Google Public DNS
To solve this problem there is another solution which is to change the address of DNS server to the public DNS which is provided by Google. In order to do this follow the steps down below.
- First, in order to open the ‘Run’ dialog box press the combination of ‘Windows + R’ keys simultaneously. Now, inside the dialog box, type Control within the text area that has the label ‘Open’. Next, tap the button ‘OK’ or press ‘Enter’ key to launch the ‘Control Panel’ window.
- Within the ‘Control Panel’ window, locate and choose the category ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- Now, you will get to see a new window. Go to the left side pane of that window and tap on the link ‘Change adapter settings’
- After that, find and then right-click on the adapter that connects to Internet. From the options list, choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- In the ‘Ethernet’ or ‘WiFi Properties’, where the Internet is connected, go to the tab ‘Networking’. In that tab, choose the option ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) from the list. Then, hit the ‘Properties’ button.
- After that, a new window will open up that has a heading ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) Properties’. Then, under the ‘General’ tab, choose the option ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’. Then type ‘18.104.22.168’ in the Preferred DNS server and next type ‘22.214.171.124’ in the Alternate DNS server.
- Finally, tap on the button ‘OK’ . Now, again launch the Google Chrome browser and inspect if you are still getting this error or not.
Clear Or Flush And Renew DNS Cache
Sometimes due to any corruption in the DNS cache memory you may encounter this error. The solution to get rid of this error is to clear and then renew the DNS cache.
- Hit the ‘Start’ menu, then in the search text area type in Command Prompt. Now, from the output of this search, choose the first option ‘Command Prompt’.
- In the ‘Command Prompt’ window, type the following commands and after each command press ‘Enter’ key to execute those command. Those commands are as follows and will be in the different lines – ‘ipconfig /flushdns’, ‘ipconfig /renew’, ‘ipconfig /registerdns’.
- Now, quit the ‘Command Prompt’ window and then reboot the machine.
Examine Any Security Software And Firewall
If the firewall and security software in your machine blocks the network connection then you can get this err_name_not_resolved error. So the solution to resolve this glitch is to look for the settings within the firewall and security software. In the Firewall settings unblock the Google Chrome browser. Also, you can even disable the firewall or security software altogether and inspect if this error is fixed.
Switch Off Then Switch On The Router
You can get this error if there is any kind of interruption within your network. So the easiest solution for you is to perform the power cycle on your router device.
- First, power off and unplug your router. After that, keep it like that for few minutes.
- Now, plug in the wire of the router to the wall socket and then turn on the router. Next, inspect to see, if you are still getting this error or not.
The Bottom Line
In order to solve err_name_not_resolved glitch, all you have to do is to follow the steps in the previous section closely. If you are unable to resolve this error, even after following the steps present at the above section, list your doubts below. We will solve it very quickly without any delay.