Err_connection_reset is one such error that is very common in occurrence and encountered by a huge number of Chrome users. This issue may arise due to many reasons. A wrong configured system settings is the major cause of this. Users can get rid of the issue with the help of some essential software.
When users face the problem with Chrome, it becomes unable to open and can’t establish a stable connection with the website you desired to open. As a result, you can’t open Chrome and you have to reset all the settings as well.
Are you also the sufferer of the same issue? Looking for the best tricks to get rid of? Here, we are going to discuss the reasons and the most efficient methods which will surely help you. So, read the entire article carefully and fix the issue in no time. So, let’s begin the discussion with the reasons first.
Reasons Behind Err_Connection_Reset Issue
- This particular issue might occur due to incorrect configuration or because of any irregular entries in the Registry key. So, you need to be very careful at the time registry entry.
- In case the system itself starts to malfunction, then it is quite possible that you might face the same issue as well.
- By any case, your device is ever encountered some unexpectable shutdown for the power failure then you also might face the err_connection_reset issue with your device.
- Due to virus or malware attack, this particular issue can be confronted by you also.
- In case anyone mistakenly deleted any required file that is related to the registry key, then this might invite the same issue.
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve Err_Connection_Reset
Here, in this segment, you will find the most appropriate ways to solve the issue on your own without any delay. So, keep your eyes on this section and know more about it.
Method 1: Disable Antivirus Protection
In case your device gets attacked by virus or malware then it is pretty possible that err_connection_reset error will annoy you when you are going to open Chrome. On that time, disabling the firewall and real-time scanning will help you to get rid of the error with no time.
To do so, the very first thing you have to do is to click on the Start button. Now, navigate to the antivirus icon. You can find it at the bottom right corner of the screen. Right-click on that option and choose the disable option by clicking on it.
Now, restart the browser and check if you are still facing the same or not. This is a temporary method to fix the issue. But if you still face the issue then uninstall the antivirus program and check.
Method 2: Setup Maximum Transmission Unit
If the previous method is not workable for you then you can go through with this one. Because due to wrong set up of MTU, this error might occur. On that time, you have to set the value correctly. Follow the steps exactly the same.
- The first and foremost thing you need to do is to tap on the Windows and the R button at the same time on your keyboard.
- After that, navigate to the command prompt and type ncpa.cpl in the box and tap on the Enter key.
- Here, you can see a list of network connections. You have to copy the name of the adapter that is active.
- While you see the options are highlighted then tap and hold the Windows and R button for once more time.
- Now, move to the command prompt and type cmd in it.
- Then, you have to give some command depending upon what kind of connection you are using.
For Ethernet Connection:
netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface “Local Area Connection” mtu=1472 store=persistent
For Wireless connection:
netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface “Wireless Network Connection” mtu=1472 store=persistent
- Now, you have to change Local Area Connection with the name of the network adapter you are using.
- At the final step tap on the Enter button and check if the issue gets resolved or still exists.
Method 3: Remove Proxy
As an alternative method, this works perfectly help you to solve the issue on your own. To do the same, first, press and hold the Windows key and the R key simultaneously on your keyboard. Now, navigate to the search box and type, “inetcpl.cpl”.
Now, tap on the Enter button and launch the Internet Properties option as well. After that, you have to go to the Connection tab and there choose LAN settings by clicking on it. Then, uncheck the small box that says “Use a Proxy Server for your LAN” and also be sure that “Automatically detect settings” is marked as a tick.
Now, tap on the OK icon and then choose Apply as well. At the final step, restart your device and check further you are facing the same issue or the glitch gets resolved.
To Wind it up
Hopefully, the above methods will help you to eradicate the err_connection_reset Chrome issue at the earliest possible. But in case you ever encounter the same problem then you can leave a comment. If you face any sort of complications while executing the steps, then let us know your doubts. We will be happy to know your feedback.