Discord is a communication software and a VOIP app that is specifically designed for PC gamers to make the communication sessions easier. It helps the gamer by providing the text as well as voice chat features.
Despite being a popular application, it is not free from occasional glitches. Discord users often face the error message “Discord Installation has Failed” while trying to install this app on the computer.
If Discord not installing on your computer, then nothing to get worried about this. In this post, you will know 3 essential hacks along with additional tips which can help you to get rid of this issue.
Most of the time, abundant or corrupted local data of the system trigger this issue to happen. MS .NET framework also might be the reason behind this issue. Sometimes, the third-party antivirus programs also prevent the Discord to complete the installation process.
Hence, you should take a look at the guide discussed below and try to resolve the root causes behind the problem. So, let’s start.
3 Easy Hacks to Fix Discord Not Installing on Windows 10
There are a lot of ways to fix this issue. We are going to provide 3 class apart solutions. You can perform all the hacks one-by-one to check which one is appropriate for you.
Fix 1: Delete Local Data
If you have used the Discord app previously on the system, then it might happen that there are some local files that are still not deleted. In this situation, if you are trying to install the Discord app, then it will try to check and incorporate the registry entries and local data folders.
If the local data folders and the registry entries are already present on the system, then you cannot overwrite them. Hence, you need to go to the local folders to delete the data manually.
Before going to delete the local data, you should try to stop all the Discord processes that are running on the computer. To do that, you need to stick to the steps provided below:
- In the beginning, hit the R and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard and type “taskmgr” in the Run box. Hit the Enter key from the keyboard. (Else, you can also tap on the OK button to proceed further).
- It will navigate you to the Task Manager. Locate the Discord processes that are currently running on the system.
- Right-click on each process and tap on the End Task button.
- Now, press the R and Windows key simultaneously from the keyboard to invoke the Run Command box.
- Then, type “%LocalAppData%” in the Run box. Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to navigate to the target page.
- Search for the Discord folder by scrolling down the list. Right-click on the folder and tap on the Delete button.
Restart the system and check if the Discord has been installed properly on the system. Else, you can continue with further solutions.
Fix 2: Install Microsoft .Net Framework
MS .NET Framework is a useful tool used by several games and applications as well. It also helps the developers to design the app on top of the existing libraries and classes produced by Microsoft.
Basically, .NET Framework comes with the Windows Operating System by default. But if you migrate the disk or if there are any administrative problems, then it might not happen.
How to Install Microsoft .NET Framework?
- First, go to the official website of Microsoft. Then, search for the .NET Framework and download it.
- Now, right-click on the newly-downloaded .NET Framework file and choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the list.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
After completing the installation process, you should restart the system and check if the .NET Framework is installed properly on the computer.
How to run Discord with Administrative Privileges?
After performing the above steps, if you see that the installation error still exists, then you should perform the steps as follows:
- First, right-click on the Discord Installer. Then, choose the ‘Extract to/7-Zip’ option from the next page and tap on the ‘DiscordSetup’ option.
- As a result, it will create a new folder. Navigate to the Local Disk C. Then, move the setup folder of Discord inside the Local Disk C.
- Now, you should open the setup folder and search for the file ‘Discord-0.0.300-full. nupkg’ by scrolling down the list of files.
- Next, right-click on the file and extract it from the same directory.
- Now, tap on the ‘DiscordSetup’ folder.
- Click on the ‘Discord-0.0.300-full’ option and tap on the ‘lib’ option from the next page.
- On the next window, tap on the ‘net45’ option.
Now, you will see the Discord application. Run it with admin privilege by right-clicking on it and selecting the ‘Run as Administrator’ option. Now, the Discord will launch without any problem.
But if does not, then you should deactivate the antivirus program to check if it can help you to get rid of this issue.
Fix 3: Disable the Antivirus Programs
According to some users, they have fixed this issue by disabling the antivirus programs from the computer. Hence, you can also disable the antivirus programs to solve this issue.
First, go to the system tray of the taskbar. Find out the Antivirus icon. If you are unable to locate the Antivirus program, then you find it from the hidden icons of the system tray.
Right-click on the antivirus icon and choose the ‘Disable’ option from the list. After disabling the antivirus, you should restart the computer to apply the changes.
After that, you have to check whether the issue has been resolved.
Additional Troubleshooting Method
If you are still facing the same issue even after performing all the above hacks, then you should try to check the version of Windows Operating System. If you are facing this problem after updating the latest version, then you have to recall the older version by removing the latest version.
How to Remove the Latest Version of Windows?
- First, hit the I and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard to open the Settings of the system.
- Navigate to the ‘Update & Security’ category. Then, tap on the ‘Windows Update’ by going to the left side of the screen.
- Now, go to the right pane of the next window and tap on the ‘View Update History’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Uninstall an Update’ option.
- On the new page, you should search for the recent updates that you have installed. Right-click on them and tap on the Uninstall option from the list.
After removing the Windows update package, you should try to reinstall the Discord application to check if it installs properly.
In this guide, we have provided some of the easiest ways to install the Discord. We hope if you perform the above ways in their corresponding order, then it will surely help you to put an end to this bug.
You can easily perform the above solutions even if you lack technical knowledge. But still, if you face any other trouble while performing the above hacks, then contact a tech expert for further assistance.