You might have connected a USB drive into your Dell laptop and later find that it is not working. Then, there is a great chance that your USB ports are at fault. Suppose, you are doing some important work and suddenly you face this Dell USB ports not working issue. Then, it totally stops your work. This is a serious issue and if you do not resolve it at an early phase, then it can lead to serious damage. If you are not aware of the exact procedure to fix this trouble, then go through the effective solutions implementing that may fix this trouble.
Easy Steps to Fix Dell USB ports not working Trouble:
In the section below, we have offered some quick methods to fix the issue with the Dell usb ports not working. Those methods are simple and you can get rid of from this issue on your own. Hence, follow the instructions which are given below:
Method 1- Use a different USB Port
If the USB driver is damaged or congested, then you may face this issue on your laptop. In those cases, you need to switch to a different USB port. Therefore, do that and if you still face the issue Dell monitor usb ports not working, then, have a look at the method that is given below.
Method 2- Disconnect your Power Cord
If your Dell laptop has a problem with its power supply, then sometimes Dell laptop USB ports may not work. To check the power supply issues, you should follow these steps:
- In the beginning, you have to disconnect the power cord or the AC adapter from your Dell laptop.
- Then, you need to restart your system.
- After that, plug the USB device into your machine.
- Now, you need to reconnect your AC adapter or the power cord.
- Check can you overcome from this Dell usb ports not working issue or not? If not, then go to the next method.
Method 3- Check the Power Management Settings
Occasionally, your Windows may turn off the USB controllers, also it ‘forgets’ to turn them on when they are needed. With the help of these steps you can have a check whether the Dell laptop USB ports not working is fixed up:
- At first, go to the home page of your Dell laptop and press the Windows + R logo together to open the Run box.
- When the Run windows will appear in front of your screen, then you have to type Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the given field and then press the Enter button. After that Device Manager page will appears on your screen. In the Device Manager, you have to click on the Universal Serial Bus controllers entry button.
- After that, you should Double click on the (first) USB Root Hub (in case you have more than one hub)
- Then, click on the Power Management button.
- Now, verify that the checkbox which is located beside the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is clear, then click OK.
- If you are using more than one hub then you have to repeat the steps from 3 to 6.
Again, reboot your machine.and if you still face this trouble, then there is another alternative at your rescue.
Method 4- Update the USB drivers
Sometimes, outdated USB driver can lead towards this Dell usb ports not working issue. In your case, if this is the reason, then you need to update your USB driver. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- If you are a Windows 7, Vista or XP user, then to check if new updates are available, you have to first open the Start menu. After that, you should click on the My Computer or Computer button.
- Then, you should left‐click on the Manage button to open Computer Management. In Computer Management page you have to click on the Device Manager which is located in the left bottom corner
- In case, an update is required, then a yellow warning icon is shown in the right pane. Therefore you should right click on it and after that choose the Update Drivers option.
- Now, from the update wizard, you have to select ‘Yes, this time only’ and then click next
- Then, click on the ‘install software automatically’ option and click on next.
- Once done, then exit from the page and reboot your Operating System. After that, this issue will not trouble you any more.
However, if you are a Windows 8 or 10 OS user, then, in order to update the driver by using the Device Manager, just proceed to the given steps below:
- Go to the Home page and tap on the Start icon. Thereafter you should type Device Manager in the search field and press the Enter button.
- Now, once the Device Manager page is popping up on your screen, you should select the ‘Update Driver’ option and click on it.
Wait for some time and after that, reboot your Dell laptop and now you should overcome Dell Inspiron USB ports not working.
We believe that this passage was helpful for you to overcome this Dell usb ports not working issue. If you don’t find these methods working for you, then we suggest you not to waste a single minute. Trust on a reliable professional to troubleshoot this problem immediately.