Dell printer v515w printhead error is one such common errors that many Dell users encounter. This printer error badly affects the system’s functionality. Basically, this error happens due to both software and hardware issues which gone corrupted. But the prime suspect of this error is due to a clogged nozzle in the print head. It seems too bothersome when you have a lot of papers to print and suddenly an error message appears which restricts your Dell printer from printing any further. So, if you are running through this issue and looking for a permanent solution to handle this error, then this is the right platform you have come to. In this article, we will explore all the possible causes and effective solutions to fix this issue as soon as possible.
Probable Causes of Dell Printer v515w Printhead Error:
There are multiple causes which led to the occurence of Dell printer v515w printhead error. In the first place, both the hardware and software are the prime suspect of this error. If there any bad hardware or the software gone corrupted or is faulty, then it will result in this error. Another suspect of this error is a clog in the print head or a clogged nozzle. If you are using a non-Dell ink cartridge or not changing your ink cartridge when it is void, then it will also cause Dell printer head error. In the next section, we will explore all the effective hacks to overcome this error code.
Effective Hacks to Fix Dell Printer v515w Printhead Error:
We have prepared a list of multiple methods to troubleshoot this error code. We recommend you to follow one of these methods to resolve this issue from your Dell printer.
Method 1: Reset the Dell printer
Resetting the printer is the primary method to resolve any error code as it helps to fix several glitches which happen mistakenly. To reset the Dell printer into the previous state, follow the steps below.
- Turn on your Dell printer and wait until your printer is idle and silent.
- Now, disconnect all the power cord from the wall socket and wait for a minute.
- Plug on the power cable again and try to reconnect the printer to turn it on.
Wait until the printer is silent and idle. Then, check for the errors whether it persists or not. If still, Dell printer won’t print, try another method below.
Method 2: Unseat the Dell printer’s Printhead
A missing or damage printhead will absolutely cause this error. So, if you are using a bad printhead, then you must unseat it to overcome this issue. Go through the steps below to unseat the Dell printer’s printhead.
- Insert your fingers or a pointed nail on the left side of your Dell printer’s slot to open the cartridge entrance gate and wait until the cartridge is dead and silent before continuing.
- Now, unplug the power cable from the back of your Dell printer to stop the carriage from moving.
- Raise up the carriage bar and take out the sides of the printhead smoothly.
- Now, slightly lift up the printhead without fully removing it from the carriage and unseat the printhead.
Now, plug on the printer again and check for the error whether it persists or not. If the error still continues, try another method below.
Method 3: Reseat the printhead and Ground the Carriage Bar on Your Dell printer
Follow the steps below to drop the carriage bar and reseat the printhead on your Dell printer.
- At first, reinsert the printhead into the carriage and then smoothly move the printhead to the left and right side. This will assure you of the fact whether the printhead correctly seats in the carriage.
- Now, drop the carriage latch and make sure that the printhead bar is down.
- Close the ink cartridge entrance gate and try to reconnect the power cord again to the back-end of your Dell printer.
- Now, squeeze the power button and turn on your Dell printer. Then, wait until your printer is silent before you continue.
If the above steps help you to resolve the Dell printer head error, there is no need to continue next. If the error continues, try another method below.
Method 4: Remove the Ink Cartridge and Check for the Dell Error Message
If you are using a non-Dell ink cartridge, then it will definitely result in this error. Therefore, you must remove the ink cartridge to diagnose the printer’s issue. Following are some steps below to perform this task.
- Insert your fingers on the left side of your printer and pull up the ink cartridge access door to open it.
- Pause until your printer is calm and then make sure that both colored dot matches with the same colored dot on the carriage slot.
- Push the front side of the cartridge to release it and then pull the cartridge to remove it again from the slot of your printer.
- Repeat these actions for the additional cartridges and close the ink cartridge entrance door of your printer.
Now, turn on your Dell printer and check for the error if persists. If the issue still continues, try another method below.
Method 5: Clean the Dell Ink Cartridge
If your printer’s ink cartridge is dirty, then it will result in a printer error v515w. Therefore, you need to clean the ink cartridge to determine if a specific ink cartridge is causing the error message. To clean the Dell ink cartridge, follow the steps below.
- At first, remove the ink cartridge gently and then take a cotton cloth with a bottle of distilled water.
- Now, gently wipe the copper-colored contact on the ink cartridge. After that, wipe the copper in it by dry cotton cloth.
- Do the same steps for remaining ink cartridges. Then, reinsert one of the ink cartridges into the slot.
- Push the ink cartridge towards the front side and clicks into place. Thereafter, close the ink cartridge entrance gate carefully.
Now, restart your Dell printer and check if the error is resolved.
We have explored all the possible solutions to fix Dell printer v515w printhead error. You can try one of these solutions or all the solutions to overcome this issue on your Dell printer. Hope this article was beneficial enough to assist you on how to fix Dell printer error message printer head. In case, the error continues, or you are unable to resolve this issue, then better you can take expert guidance.