Nowadays, digital documents have achieved a bunch of mileage over the paper, thus arises the usage of printers. Printers are available in individual different technologies including inkjet printers, laser printers, dot-matrix, and as well as plotters. Most of the users of Dell printers often complain that their Dell printer v525w not printing. Sometimes it happens that the printer prints the blue/cyan and red/magenta yellow color but not the black. This can be because of the fact that the quality of printing is low or might be because the black ink is required to form the perfect mix-up for the vivid colors. This issue can also occur with another Dell printers also such as p713w, p513w, v715w, v515w, and v313w so that it can utilize the technology of the inkjet printer.
If you are facing this problem for the first time, then it becomes difficult for you to resolve this error without any tech support. But nothing to get worried. Here in this article, we are going to discuss the fixes of Dell printer not printing issue. Hence, you need to go through the below article. Let’s start.
Know the Causes of Dell Printer Not Printing Black:
There are several reasons behind the Dell printer not printing issue. One mere reason can be that the printer is running out of black ink. The other cause is that the cartridge of the black ink is not positioned properly on its slot. You also can face the Dell printer v525w not printing issue because of the inappropriate position of the ink cartridge. The other reasons could be that if the tray through which the ink jets passed has been closed, then it can prevent you to print any document. If the ink has dried, then it also can prevent the printing.
One way to troubleshoot is to start a print test of the printer. Go to the Search bar of the taskbar. Then, you need to type ‘Devices and Printers.’ Hit on the ‘Devices and Printers’ under the Control panel window. Now, you have to right-click on the Printer. Click on the Printer Properties (There you also see the option ‘Properties.’ Hence, you need to make sure that you choose the ‘Printer Properties’ option. Move the cursor to the General tab. Hit on the ‘Print Test Page’ option. If it successfully prints the test page, then there might be a problem performing your printout.
If you see that the cartridge has ink and also you have installed the proper drivers, then you need to perform the below steps to troubleshoot the printer and bring it back to work. This will work for v313w, v515w, v525w, v715w, p513w, and p713w Dell Printers and as well as those printers also who use similar printing technology or features.
Amazing Tips and Tricks to Solve Dell Printer Not Working Issue:
If your Dell printer is not working, then you need to follow the below-described methods to fix this issue. You can try out any of these solutions.
Solution 1: Reset the Cartridge
If you properly reset the cartridge of the printer, then it will connect the printing electronics and as well as manage the colors properly. Confirm that the black cartridge is on the slot of the black cartridge (same with another color). To reset the cartridge, you need to perform the below steps.
- Raise the scanner portion of the printer carefully to open your Dell printer. Look at the back side of the ink cartridge. There, you will see the Tab button. You have to press that button.
- After that, you need to find the Release tab of the printer. It is located at the back side of the cartridge. To discharge the cartridge, you have to press the release button. Now draw it out.
- Then, insert the cartridge again and push it down and inwards till it locks into its actual position. Then, try to print a page to check if it can solve your issue.
Solution 2: Align and Clean the Cartridge
This is not like a simple and as well as manual clean as you would assume. To clean the cartridge, you need to use the CD (which came included with the Dell printer) to install the software. You also can get them by entering the service tag. To perform this, you need to stick to the steps mentioned below.
- At first, move the cursor to the left bottom side screen and hit on the Start menu.
- Click on the search bar and type ‘All Programs.’ or you also can type ‘Programs.’ Now, you have to choose the folder of the Dell Printers from the list. Then, hit on the Dell Printer Home option.
- Now, move the cursor at the upper right side of the window and click on the drop-down arrow. The,n you have to select the printer.
- Go to the Maintenance tab. Hit on the Deep Clean Cartridges from the list. If needed, you need to run a Deep Clean for the second time.
- Click on the Align Cartridges option.
- Now, you need to try to print a page to check if the issue is fixed.
Try to perform the Deep Clean method with the help of a significant quantity of ink so that it will not run more than two times. You also can use a soft and as well as dry cloth to clean the heads of the cartridge and also the cartridge slot.
If you are tired of searching the solutions to fix Dell printer not printing, then you are on the right page. In the above guidelines, we have provided two significant ways to fix this issue. If you successfully perform the above steps in the same order, then it will definitely fix your printing problem. We hope, this article will help you to resolve the printing black issue.