In today’s digital era, Dell is one of the best brands to design innovative laptops, across the globe. It comes with the various features and advances facilities. But, that does not mean it is 100% error free. Dell laptop won’t turn on is one of them, which can appears due to either software glitch or fault in the hardware component. If you ever encounter this frustrating issue, then you need to remove the problem, as early as possible. Don’t worry, here, in this article, we will provide some effective solutions to get rid of Dell laptop won’t boot issue.
Possible Reasons for Dell Laptop Won’t Turn On Issue
There are several reasons for Dell laptop won’t turn on issue. Well, here you get the answer for the most fundamental question– Why won’t My Dell Laptop Turn On? So, take a look at the possible causes.
Sometimes the reason for a Dell laptop won’t power on is a hardware failure. Corrupted Hard Drives are the foremost reason to cause the problem. If you hear a regular clicking or the drive is spinning up and down, repeatedly, these are a definite sign that it’s broken.
The broken battery can be another most possible cause behind this problem.
Incompatible Adapter or Broken Adapter
The third possibility can be using an incompatible power adapter. If the power adapter is broken or if you are not using an original version.
Problems within the mainboard can be a prime reason due to which the laptop is unable to work appropriately.
Common Dell Laptop Won’t Turn On Issues
The “Dell laptop screen won’t boot after closing lid” issue might appear in numerous forms. Some of which are listed below for your recommendation.
- Laptop not turning on.
- Laptop won’t turn on or charge.
- Laptop stuck at boot screen.
- Laptop stuck at blinking cursor.
- Laptop not turning on and beeping.
- Laptop stuck at black screen won’t turn on.
- Laptop not turning on power light blinking.
- Laptop stuck installing updates.
- Laptop stuck on Windows loading screen.
- Laptop won’t turn on power light just flashes.
Now, let us proceed to the part where we have provided you with some easy solutions to mitigate the error.
Effective Troubleshooting Strategies to Resolve Dell Laptop won’t Boot
You should go through the generic solutions and try to resolve the underlying causes. If your Dell PC does not power on or fails to boot into the Operating System, it is highly recommended that you perform a hard reset at first. Performing a hard reset usually fixes specific problems and also drains out the residual power that may be creating this problem. If your Dell laptop still does not power on or fails to boot into the Operating System, follow the solutions mentioned below.
Solution 1: Forced Restart or Hard Reset
Generally, a hard reset helps to fix the problem by restart your laptop in a hard way. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, power off your laptop by tapping the Power Switch, for a few seconds and then, you will note that the power light automatically turns off.
- After turning off your laptop, remove the AC adapter and the power cord from the power socket. Also, you have to remove all the external devices or peripherals, like printer cables, USB drives and so on, attached with the laptop.
- Remove the battery, re-install or change it quickly.
- Then, tap and hold the Power Switch for about a few seconds.
- After that, attach with the main power cable into the power supply.
- Lastly, tap the Power button, to turn on the laptop again, to complete the process.
If your laptop still has a booting problem, then move on to the next procedure.
Solution 2: Boot into Safe Mode
You do not need to turn on the drivers and applications. Safe Mode gives you permission to load Windows. It helps you to deal with the system problem. To boot your system in a Safe Mode, go through the following steps:
- At first, open your laptop by tapping the Power Switch.
- Now, hold the Shift key and press the F8 key, and wait for the booting process. You will get a Recovery Mode list.
- After that, choose the ‘See advanced repair’ options from the Recovery mode.
- Next, click on the Troubleshoot option and select the Advanced options.
- Click on the Windows Startup Settings option and then, select the Restart button.
- After restarting the laptop, the Advanced Boot option appears on the screen. It will help to enter into the boot menu in Safe Mode or you can choose ‘Safe mode with networking’ and ‘Safe Mode with command prompt’.
- Now, choose the Safe Mode option and check if the Dell laptop will not boot still persists.
Solution 3: Update or Reset BIOS to Defaults
If the laptop attempt for multiple booting, Dell laptop not booting issue arises. So, you have to update or reset BIOS to its default. Here is a way:
- At first, reboot your laptop. When you see the Dell logo on the screen, tap on the F12 key again and again, untill you see the Entering Setup label, on the right corner of the appeared screen.
- After that, tap on the option to reboot to the default settings. You have to click on the Default Settings option.
- If the problem is not resolved just by resetting the BIOS configurations, then update BIOS.
- Tap on the ESC key to leave the BIOS screen and click the ‘Save and Exit’ option, to save the current changes.
Solution 4: Perform a Full System Reset
If the above methods do not work and the laptop is still stuck with the error, then reformatting and reinstalling Windows OS can be the last resort. This process can remove all information and important data, so you need to keep a backup. It helps to retrieve everything after the system reset.
You can do a full system reset through a Windows system Installation Disk. Tise process formats the hard drive and removes all data. Here’s how it’s done:
- At first, create or prepare your recovery media.
- Then, insert the recovery media into a USB port or DVD drive on your laptop. This varies depending on the format you use, to create the recovery media.
- Now, turn off your laptop and after sometimes, turn it on.
- When the Dell logo comes on the screen, press the F12 key, until you see the ‘Preparing one-time boot’ menu.
- From the boot menu, go to the UEFI BOOT option and then, choose the device which matches with your media types, such as USB or DVD.
- After that, choose your preferred keyboard language.
- Now, tap on Troubleshoot and select ‘Recover from a drive’. Then, try to follow the onscreen instructions, to finish the Windows reset process, completely. It takes a while to reboot. So, just wait patiently.
Finally, check the issue, whether it is not resolved.
Solution 5: Check the Connection
To check all connection, go through the following steps:
- At first, remove the battery and turn on the laptop.
- Check whether the laptop is getting an appropriate connection.
- Check whether you are able to hear the fan’s sound when you press the power button.
- If the laptop turns on, with the help of the power chord, then the issue is associated with the battery.
- If the problem persists, check the power chord.
- If the laptop turns on, check whether the Dell icon appears or not.
- Otherwise, check whether the Windows logo comes up or not.
We understand that troubleshooting is not an easy process. This article will help you to get a perfect solution to get rid of the Dell laptop won’t turn on issue.