Bluetooth, a wireless technology, meant to exchange data over short distances. Recently, all the laptops launched by Dell comes along with bluetooth drivers, pre-installed. Sometimes, you might encounter Dell laptop bluetooth not working properly. An error message, in general, pops-up on your screen saying that ‘Your App Doesn’t work with Windows 10’. An outdated version of bluetooth is responsible for this error message. Due to this error, you cannot exchange data over the Bluetooth. If you are repeatedly getting this same error message while using Dell laptop, you need to fix this error as soon as possible. But, you can only fix the problem only when you know the proper procedure.
Therefore, here in this article, we have listed some important and effective solutions that can solve the Bluetooth problem in your Dell laptop.
Causes for Dell Laptop Bluetooth not Working Windows 10
There are some specific reasons behind this laptop bluetooth not working in Dell error. Take a glance below:
- If the bluetooth driver is not installed properly on your Dell laptop, you will face this annoying problem.
- Outdated version of bluetooth can lead to the appearance of this error message.
So, if you are struggling to end this error message, follow the procedures, in order to fix the glitch.
Steps to Fix Dell Laptop Bluetooth not Working
Have a look at the following steps, to resolve the problem.
Fix # 1: Download and Install the Bluetooth Driver
First and foremost thing that you need to do when you face this bluetooth not working Dell XPS laptop, you need to uninstall the bluetooth driver and reinstall the driver. To uninstall the program, follow the instructions mentioned in the below section:
- First of all, go to the Control Panel option and then, navigate to the Programs option.
- After that, head to the ‘Programs and Features’ option. A list installed application will open. Then, search for the bluetooth software. Right -click on it and click the Uninstall option. Then, hit the OK button to proceed further.
- After successfully uninstalling the software, restart the system.
- Secondly, open the default search bar and navigate to the Dell official website.
- In the box, enter your laptop model number. But, before that, you need to check whether your system operates on 32-bit support or 64-bit support.
- Then, find out the bluetooth driver from the list and click on the Download option.
- Download the bluetooth driver on your system and extract it. After that, go to the C:\Dell\Drivers folder, and find out the bluetooth driver.
- Now, open Win 64(For 64-bit) or Win 32(For 32- bit). After that, search for the ‘BtwMM.exe’ file and install it on your Dell system.
- After that, find the ‘Inst.exe’ file and install it.
- At last, restart your system. After restarting the system, open the bluetooth feature on your Dell system and check if the error persists.
Fix # 2: Update Bluetooth Drivers
If the above the process does not help you to eliminate the error you can apply the steps, mentioned below, in order to get rid of Dell laptop bluetooth not working Windows 10 situation.
Step 1: At first, search for the Device Manager option and launch it on your system. After that, find the Bluetooth driver.
Step 2: After that, right-click on the Bluetooth Module option and click the Update driver option.
Step 3: Next, click the ‘Browser my computer for driver software’. Then, click on the message shows, ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on your computer’.
Step 4: Lastly, select ‘Bluetooth drivers or software’ and click the Next option. A driver update dialog box will pop-up on your screen.
In conclusion, there are many issues related to the bluetooth in Windows 10. The above-mentioned solutions are the most workable solution for glitches associated with the Dell laptop. So, perform the discussed steps carefully to resolve Dell laptop bluetooth not working error. If any other problem is bothering you on your Dell laptop, post your comment in the feedback section below.