Dell error code 2000-0142 means that ePSA could not successfully read the information you provided. This is not a common reason, you can face this error during a hard drive failure, as well. During this problem, your laptop may shut down suddenly after a short interval time. If you are receiving this error message on your Dell laptop then, it is quite possible that your hard drive suffered from serious damage. But, don’t worry. Here, we have listed some causes and easiest steps to overcome this error. Keep reading this article.
Causes Of Dell Hard Drive Error Code 2000-0142
To overcome this error, the first thing you have to know is the main causes of this error or why this error occuring. If you want to know the main causes of this error then, you can follow the points below:
- Any fault in the cable that is connecting the hard drive to the motherboard.
- Corrupted data associated with master boot record on the hard drive.
- Failure in the hard drive means it can not read your data correctly.
- If the HDD (hard disk drive) or SSD (solid state drive) fails.
- If there is any fault in the electric motor.
So, these are the common causes of Dell error code 2000-0142. Now, check the solutions to overcome this error.
Methods to Fix Dell Diagnostic Error Code
Here, we are going to talk about some easy steps by which you can overcome dell laptop error code 2000-0142 easily. Just follow these steps.
Method 1: Perform a Disk Check using Windows Installation
This error mainly occurs from the kernel or from the core area of your Operating System. This method can help you to recover all your corrupted data. So, if you want to perform this step, then follow the steps below:
- At first, put the installation disk in the laptop and press any key for the Boot menu.
- Now, select the time, language, currency, and click on the Next option.
- After that, click on the ‘Repair your computer’.
- Now, go to the operating system that you want to repair and then, click on the Next option.
- After performing the above step, a system recovery box will generate. Click on the Command Prompt option.
- Now, type the command ‘Chkdsk /f /r’ and hit the Enter key, for repairing the corrupted data.
Method 2: Reinstall Windows OS
This method also repairs corrupted files or data. So, to overcome this error try to reinstall Windows OS again. You can download the Windows Operating System again, from the Windows official website. After installation of the data, try to back up all your deleted data. This step will help you to fix this problem. If not, then you can try the next step.
Method 3: Replace the Hard Disk Drive
Sometimes, replacing the hard disk drive may fix the problem. If your hard disk is physical damage, then you have to place a new hard disk in the position of the old one.
Method 4: Use External Hard Disk Drive
If the above steps do not help you, then you can perform this step to overcome the error. To perform this method you need an external Hard Disk Drive. You can also try to connect it to a secondary drive. Your windows will automatically connect with the new drive. Now, try to recover all the deleted data. This process will help you to overcome this error.
Method 5: BIOS Setup
You can overcome this error through the BIOS setup option. So, to perform this step you have to go to the BIOS option. When you start your computer, hit the F2 button continuously to enter the BIOS Setup menu. In there, your installed hardware should be listed. Find your hard drive and enter the Diagnostic menu with the help of F12 key. From there, you can repair and detect the faulty hardware. Then, you have to look for the physical hard drive and connect that hard drive to the BIOS. This process may fix this error very easily.
Method 6: Run the Windows Troubleshooter
An in-built troubleshoot can help you to identify and fix the error very easily. To run the troubleshooter, go through the below steps:
- At first, click on the Start button. In that, type ‘Troubleshoot’. From the result, click on the Troubleshooting option.
- Then, click on the’ Fix problems with Windows Update’.
- To complete the troubleshooting process, click on the Next option.
- After that, run the Windows update again and check whether the error still occurs or not.
This may fix Dell error code 2000-0142, if not then, you can go for the next step.
Fix 7: Run the Hard Disk Checker
This problem generally occurs due to a hard disk fault. To check it follow the steps. Before starting, close all the tabs and program files.
- Click on the Start button.
- Then, go to File Explorer.
- After that, click on the ‘This PC option’.
- Then, right click on the ‘Local disk’ and then, click on the Properties option.
- In the Properties window, go to the Tools tab and click on the Check option
- After that, you will see a message that “Your driver was successfully scanned”. This process will help you to know the exact reason behind the problem and will also fix Dell error code 2000-0142.
This article gives you a complete guide on Dell error code 2000-0142. So, whenever you are getting this hard drive failure issue, then you can perform the above-mentioned steps to overcome it. Hopefully, the above solutions will give you the idea of How to fix dell error code 2000-0142. If you have any question regarding this article, then you can put it in the comment section below.