The Corsair hs50 mic not working is a common problem for most of the users. It is one of the most frustrating issues that you have ever face while playing the game through Corsair.
The fault within an audio driver is one of the biggest reasons behind this error. Sometimes, the problem may occur due to misconfigurations in the audio settings.
Are you facing this kind of annoying experience? Then, you don’t need to worry. In this guide, we are providing three effective fixes that can help you to get rid of the situation.
How to Fix Corsair HS50 PC Mic Not Working Issue Easily?
If you are stuck with the corsair hs50 pc mic not working error, then the following guide will help you to resolve the problem. Go through the steps that are written below and fix the problem easily.
Fix 1: Update the Audio Driver
The Microsoft may not work due to the faulty or missing audio driver. So, you should install or update the correct audio driver in the system.
Here is how to update the audio driver manually. Go through the steps.
- At first, open the Start menu and click on the Settings option.
- Click on the ‘Update and Security’ option.
- Thereafter, click on the Windows Update button.
- Select the ‘Check for updates’ option. If a new update is found, then it will be installed in the system automatically.
How to Install an Audio Driver?
Here are the steps to install the audio driver.
- At first, click on the Start button and open the Control Panel option.
- Double click on the System icon from the Control Panel window.
- Click on the Hardware tab and select the Device Manager option.
- Open the Sound video and game controller from the appearing list of results.
- Then, again double click on the Sound device and choose the Driver tab and select the Update Driver option.
- Now, follow the instructions and the onscreen prompts. This will help you to complete the updating procedure.
- Lastly, click on the finish button and select OK.
Fix 2: Change the Audio Settings on the PC
If you find that the problem is not related to the audio driver, then the problem might be due to a misconfiguration in the Audio settings. So, you should change the Audio settings of the device and check if the problem is resolved or not.
- At first, go to the notification area and right-click on the Volume button. And click on the Sounds option.
- Choose the Recording tab and verify if the microphone is set as default or not.
- Here you will find a green checkmark next to the option and check if the Default button is grayed out.
- If you find out that the mic is not set in the default device, then click on the Set Default option.
- After that, select the Default Microphone option and click on the Properties button.
- Go to the Levels tab and drag the slider of the Microphone (Microphone Boost right to medium or higher to unmute) and set your microphone sound.
- Lastly, click on the OK button to save all the modifications that you have made.
Fix 3: Enable Microphone in Windows Settings
If Corsair hs50 pc mic not working is still there even after performing the above methods, then you should enable the Microsoft in the Windows settings. This might help you to fix the error, go through the steps.
- At first, press the Win key + I button from the keyboard to open the Setting option. Then, click on the Privacy option.
- Click on Microsoft and choose the Change button. After that, a pop window will appear on the computer screen and toggle the button to turn it on.
- Here, you will find another option which is named as “Allow apps to access your microphone” and toggle the option to ON.
- Verify if the toggle switch of the other applications is enabled or not.
- Now, check if the problem is resolved or not.
All of the solutions provided in this article has the potential to resolve the Corsair hs50 mic not working issue. If the solutions help you to resolve the problem, then provide your feedback in the comment section otherwise seek expert assistance.