Brother printer is one of the best selling printer company in the market. Brother manufactures its printers using all the latest technological tools making it useful for both home and office purposes. But any technical glitch may affect the hardware of the printer, preventing the users from performing their printing work. One such critical problem is the Brother Printer Machine Error 41 which restricts the printer to complete its tasks as soon as the error occurs. Meanwhile, the error 41 is a mechanical malfunction which displays a problem with the print head. Follow the article below as we will discuss some of the hacks to resolve this issue:
What is the Machine error 41?
As discussed earlier, the Brother printer error 41 is a clear indication of the problem in the print head. The error is usually displayed in the printer’s LCD screen panel, resulting in the defect in the mechanical parts of the printer. Therefore, this issue needs to be repaired as soon as possible. Additionally, the error may pops up when there are corrupted or damaged printer drivers.
Moreover, here we will first discuss about the causes of the issue and then, we will proceed to the hacks for resolving the Brother printer error code 41.
Some of the Common Causes of the Brother printer Machine Error 41
Knowing the causes of the problem helps to eradicate the issue in the fast lane. So here are some of the causes of the Brother Printer Machine Error 41:
- No ink in the cartridges: If there is no ink in the cartridges, then this error may occur.
- Damaged or broken Brother printer machine: If the mechanical parts are somehow damaged or broken then this may lead to the error occurrence.
- Print head issue: If there is an issue with the print head of your Brother printer, then you may face this error.
- Spooler service not running: Moreover, if the spooler service is not working then you may face this error code on the printer LCD screen panel.
- Outdated printer drivers: If the drivers of the Brother printer is out of date or corrupted then, the Machine Error 41 may occur on yoru Brother printer.
- An issue with Ink Absorber Pad- If the ink absorber pad is full of ink, then it needs to be replaced. It is an essential part of the printer so an issue with it can lead to the error occurence.
So, these were the causes of the error. We will now discuss the solutions to fix this error code on your own.
Fix Brother printer Machine Error 41 with these Technical hacks
It will be easy for you to troubleshoot this error code as you now know the causes behind the error occurrence. So, below are some of the hacks that you can follow to resolve the problem:
Hack 1: Verify your Brother printer connection
To check for your Brother printer connection you can follow the steps which are given below:
- Boot your PC and then, click on the Start button.
- When the Start menu opens search and select the Devices and Printers option.
- After clicking on that option, you will see a new window will open.
- Now you have to find and click on the Printers and Faxes option.
- After the next window opens, check that your Brother printer name is present there. If the name is there then it means that your Brother printer is connected to your PC.
- If the name of your Brother printer is not there, then make sure that all the cords are working and are in good condition.
After following these steps, if your problem is not resolved then you can check out the next hack:
Hack 2: Unplug, then plug in your Brother printer
This hack is the most basic of all hacks, where you have to just remove and insert the power cord of your Brother printer. For the detailed guidance follow the steps that given below:
- Turn off your brother printer and then remove the power cable from the printer. Now remove the power cable from the wall socket.
- Wait for a while, like 40 to 60 seconds and then, plug in the power cord to the wall socket.
- After that, you have to plug in the power cord to the back of the printer.
- The Brother printer will be turned on automatically. If not, then press the power button of your Brother printer to turn it on.
It is often seen that this process helps to resolve most of the errors. So, after performing the above steps, check if the error 41 is resolved or not. If not, then proceed to the next hack that is mentioned underneath:
Hack 3: Make changes to your Brother printer settings
In the third hack, you can make the necessary changes to the settings of your Brother printer. To do so follow the steps below:
- Again you have to boot up your PC and then have to click on the Start button.
- When the Start menu opens, you have to select the Devices and Printers option from the list on the right side of the menu window.
- When you see the option of your Brother printer then you have to right-click on it. Now, from the list of options, you have to select the Printing Preferences option.
- When the next window opens, you have to go to the Advanced option.
- Next, a new additional window will open where you will see a list of settings. Make the necessary changes that you want to make and then click o0n the Save button.
- In the end, you have click on the OK button to save all the changes.
Now, check if the error still persists or not. If so then you can have a look at the other hacks given down below.
Hack 4: Replace with the new Print Head unit
For this hack, you need to be very careful with the print head. As the printer Machine Error 41 is a failure in the temperature reading of the print head. If there is any manufacturing fault in the ink, then you can get this error. In some cases, it can happen if you are using a refilled or a recycled ink in your Brother printer. Therefore, the only option left to resolve this issue is to replace the print head with a new one. For the best service, you can take the help of an expert technician.
Hack 5: Put your Brother printer into the Maintenance mode
This is a good hack to solve the Brother Printer Machine Error 41, so follow the steps which are given below:
- First thing first, turn off your Brother printer and then remove the power cord from the rear of the Brother printer.
- Now you have to hold on the Menu, Start or Set button. These buttons vary from one type of Brother printers to another type.
- Still holding down the button you have then plug in the power cord of your Brother printer.
- Release the button when you see the maintenance mode message on your Brother printer’s LCD screen.
- Now your Brother printer will display “Maintenance” and then the process of maintenance will start.
- When the process of maintenance finishes, check if the error persists or not.
Hack 6: Steps to reset the Purge counter your Brother printer
There are two ways to reset the purge counter your Brother printer. So, here’s how to reset it:
If you have a Brother printer with a number keypad
If you are using a Brother printer with a number keypad then follow the steps which are given below:
- First, using the number keypad type 80, this step will open the options up.
- With the help of the down arrow key scroll through the options. From the list of options, you have to find the Purge option.
- Again with the help of the number keypad, you have to enter the numbers 2783. This will set the number beside the option Purge to zero.
- Now you have to press the exit or stop button to get back to the main menu.
- After that, enter 99 to exit and then restart your Brother printer.
Hope that this process helps you to resolve the problem of Brother Printer Machine Error 41.
If you have a Brother printer without the number keypad
If you have a Brother printer with no number keypad, then you can follow the steps to resolve the issue:
- Perform the maintenance process with the help of hack 5. When in maintenance mode, use the arrow keys to scroll up and down in the list of options.
- When you arrive at the number 8 option, press the OK button.
- After that, you have to scroll to the 0 option and then press the OK button. Note that in some models of the Brother printer, you will get the Set button instead of the OK button.
- Now, keep scrolling through the options till you find the word Purge.
- Again with the OK button enter the numbers 2783 and the Purge counter will be set to Zero.
The above two subparts were the process to reset the Purge counter of your Brother printer. If these steps do not solve your issue then follow the next hack.
Hack 7: Download the drivers of your Brother printer
If you don’t know how to download the drivers of your Brother printer, then don’t worry. We are here for you to discuss the process to download the drivers of your Brother printer.
- Reboot your PC and then click on the Start button and then select the Devices and Printers option. When a new window opens, you have to click on the Add a Printer option.
- Keeping the Printer Port LPT1, select the Standard TCP/IP Port option from the drop-down list. This option is for the Type of port heading.
- After doing all these, click on the Next button.
- Now you have to choose the TCP/IP option for the Device type heading. Then ypou have to write the available Hostname and Port name.
- Finally, click on the Next button and then, click on the Finish button. A new window will open, where you have to select the Print a test paper option and then click on the Finish option.
These were the easy steps that you can follow to download the drivers of your Brother printer. You can also follow the next hack if your issue is not resolved.
Hack 8: Update the drivers of your Brother printer
If downloading the drivers does not resolve the issue, then you can try to update the drivers. To perform this hack, you can take the help of the steps which are given below:
- When your PC reboots, click on the Start button.
- Then select the Control Panel option from the list of options on the right side of the Start menu.
- When a new window opens, click on the Add a new printer option and then click on the Windows Update option.
- Finally, click on the Next button to start the update process.
When the update process finishes, check if the issue is resolved or not.
So, we have arrived at the end of the article. Follow each and every step without a miss if you want to resolve the issue of Brother printer Machine Error 41 at the earliest. If you have any feedback for us, then you can comment down in the comments section below.