When it comes to the top ten error of Windows 10, BOOTMGR is missing Windows 10 is surely placed on the top. Most of the times, if the Windows boot sector is missing or damaged, then you might encounter this error in the Windows 10 Operating System.
This is a common issue but you need to troubleshoot this error immediately. As it can lead to some serious damage. So, if you want to resolve this error, then you have landed on the right place. Keep an eye on the feasible methods to resolve this issue in an instant.
Root Causes of BOOTMGR is Missing Windows 10
There are several reasons might be responsible for the occurrence of this issue. Here, for your help, we have highlighted some of them. Have a look:
- As we mentioned that most of the time you might encounter this issue on the Windows 10 system if the boot sector is damaged.
- Sometimes, if there is a problem with the hard drive, then also it can lead to this BOOTMGR is missing Windows 10 issue.
- In case you haven’t updated the OS in a long time, then also you might face this Windows 10 BOOTMGR missing error on your system.
- If by chance the Boot Configuration data is damaged, then this issue can occur.
Now, let’s have a look at the circumstances that are triggered by this error.
BOOTMGR is Corrupted Windows 10: Different Forms
Once you encounter this issue on your system, then multiple error messages can pop up on your Windows 10 screen. Such as:
- BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart
- BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot
- Repair BOOTMGR Windows 10
Now, do not waste any time and go through the remaining part to get some effective ways to eliminate this error from your Windows 10 system.
Solutions you can Try to Resolve BOOTMGR is Missing Windows 10 Issue
In the rest of the article, we have come up with some practical solutions for you.
Solution 1 – Running Automatic Repair
In case you installed a boot installation DVD on your computer, then also you can repair the BOOTMGR is missing Windows 10 issue with the CD/DVD drive. Here’s how can you apply this solution on your Windows 10 system. Check them out.
At first, you have to insert the Windows 10 installation DVD and then you need to restart your system.
When it is promoted, then you have to press any key to boot from the DVD. After that, you need to press any key to continue this process.
Next, you have to select the language preference and then click next. After that, you should select the Repair your Computer option located on the bottom-left corner.
In the next page, a lot of options will appear on the screen. From there, click on the Troubleshoot option.
In the Troubleshoot page, you have to click on the Advanced button. From there, you have to click on the Automatic Repair or in the Startup Repair option.
Now, you should wait until the procedure is completed. Once done, then reboot your Windows 10 system. If you are still dealing with this error, then do not worry. Here is another alternative at your rescue.
Solution 2 – Fix BOOTMGR Issue Without CD/DVD
This is one of the easiest ways to resolve this issue. To apply this solution, you do not need a CD or DVD. What you need to do is simply follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- In the beginning, you need to open the Command Prompt window, and then type C:
- Now, you have to type the following commands one by one and press the enter button.
bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /rebuildbcd, Chkdsk /f
- Once done, then you have to type exit from the required field and then reboot your system and check if any change is made or not.
If you fail to resolve this time as well, then there is another alternative for you.
Solution 3 – Change the Boot Order in BIOS
If you have already applied the above two solutions, however, none of them worked for you, then we suggest you change the Boot order in the BIOS. To do so, you must go through the undermentioned steps:
- At first, restart the Windows 10 Operating System.
- When the machine starts, then press the DEL or F2 key to enter the BIOS setup.
- Now, within BIOS, you have to locate the Boot Order Options and then click on that.
- Just make sure that the Boot order is set to the Hard Drive; it should be set to the CD/ DVD.
- If not, then you have to set the Boot order at first in the Hard Drive and after that in the CD/DVD.
- Finally, click on the OK button to save the changes and then restart your Windows 10 device. And unfortunately, if you are still dealing with this BOOTMGR is missing Windows 10 issue, then process to the next solution.
Solution 4 – Repair the Windows Image
Sometimes, if you repair the Windows Image, then it can bring sufficient result for you. Here are the steps which have to follow to apply this solution on your computer.
- At first, you should go to the Home Screen of the Windows 10 OS. After that, type ‘Command Prompt’ in the search field and hit the Enter button.
- Once the Command Prompt is open, type ‘DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth’ and then you should wait some times for the completion of this process. It generally takes 25 to 30 seconds to complete.
- Again, restart your machine and now this error will not irritate you anymore.
Solution 5 – Disconnect all the Removable Media
There is a possibility that sometimes you might encounter this issue on your system if your device is trying to boot using a non-bootable device. In such cases, you have to remove all the removable media. For example, floppy disk, USB flash drive or any other unbootable device.
Solution 6 – Update Windows 10 Operating System
As mentioned earlier, if you haven’t updated the Windows 10 OS for a long time, then you might face BOOTMGR is missing Windows 10 error. If this is the reason, then we suggest you update the Windows 10 OS to its best-recommended version. For that, at first, visit the official website of Windows 10. Then, you should search for the best-suited version for your device. Once found, then click on that after reading the online instructions carefully. Tap the Apply button. After that, the updating process will be started.
Ensure that during this process you will not do anything. After that, restart your machine and now surely this error will not trouble you anymore.
Hope with the help of the above solutions you can easily get rid of BOOTMGR is missing Windows 10 issue. However, if you have a lack of technical knowledge, then we suggest you do not waste your valuable time. Trust on a reliable professional to troubleshoot this issue without any hassle.