That’s a terrible sight! If you are browsing the internet, working on important documents in Excel, Word or any other important tasks and right at that moment you might see a blue screen with an error message 0x0000007e deterring you.
The blue screen error 0x0000007e is the most common issue that many Windows users commonly face. This error indicates that the graphics card driver has tried to reset the graphics card but failed at the specified time interval and therefore, waited with the Windows stop code. There are several reasons for this, including damaged video, cards, damaged drivers, no drivers, and other problems. Another possible reason for this error code appears that your hard disk is loaded. This might look crazy, but that is certainly one reason for this error. Well, in this paragraph, you will come to know the easy solutions to fix this issue.
Different Solutions to Resolve the Blue Screen Error 0x0000007e
We have listed some of the efficient solutions that can help you with the error code 0x7e Windows 10 on your system.
Solution 1 – Run the System File Checker
These are really easy solutions to fix the issue:
- Press the Windows Key + X key to open the menu list. Select the Command Prompt (Admin). Alternatively, go to the search box, type “cmd”. And then, right click on the search result to open the list. Select the Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type sfc/scannow and then press the Enter button.
- Once the Run completes, restart your device and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
Solution 2 – Install all the Drivers
If you do not update all the drivers then you may see this issue on your system.
- At first, you go to the Settings application.
- In the Settings window, navigate to the Update & Security section.
- When the Update & Security section opens, go to the Update option in the left side panel.
- Then, click on the Check for updates option. If the Update is available, tap on the Update option.
- After completing the update process, restart your system and check if the problem is still there or not.
Solution 3 – Restore your Windows device
System restore allows going back the previous Windows version. So, try this solution to fix the blue screen error on your device:
- At first, go to the Search box, type “Recovery” and then hit the Enter key. Alternatively, open the search box, type settings and then press the Enter button.
- In the Settings window, navigate to the update and Recovery section.
- When the Update and Recovery window opens, tap on the Restore option. Now your system will start to restore process.
- Once the Restore process is done, reboot your device and check the issue should be fixed.
Solution 4 – Faulty Hard Drive
One cause this error occurs on your device screen is that you have a damaged hard disk. Although this problem cannot be resolved unless you back up all your data and get a new hard disk or for many users who get new computers because this is easier and not too expensive, this is one of the easiest options to turn off. You can use the Check Disk to see if your Hard Drive is damaged or not.
- Press the Windows Logo key to open the menu list and find cmd and then hit the Enter key.
- In the Command Prompt page, type “CHKDSK” and then hit the Enter key.
- Once the run completes, you can see whether the errors are there or not.
Solution 5 – Update the BIOS
Sometimes update the BIOS can fix this issue. So try the below mentioned steps,
- At first, press the Windows Key + R key to open the Run box, write msinfo32.exe and then hit the Enter key or OK option.
- In the System Information window, you will find the BIOS Version/Date and right click on it to open the list.
- Click on the Properties to check the version. If you see the version is older then go to the Browser and download the latest version of BIOS.
- After completing the BIOS, restart your system
- During the boot process press on the F2 key or Delete to access the BIOS.
- Then, press on the F7 key to access the Advance mode.
- Next, select the updated version of BIOS and install it.
- After completing the installation process, restart your system and then check whether the issue persists or not.
Solution 6 – By using the DISM Tool
DISM is the Windows inbuilt tool. By using the DISM you can also resolve this issue.
- Press together Windows Home key and S key to open the Search box. Write cmd and then right click on the search result to open the list. Click on the Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to run this command. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Once the Run is completed, restart your system and then check if the Windows system opens properly without any issue or not.
The above-mentioned solutions will definitely help you to resolve the blue screen error, 0x0000007e. Try the above solutions with the steps one by one and solve this issue on your system. In case if you have any queries you can comment us in the section provided below.