Belkin wireless router orange light error is not a big issue, but several reasons may be responsible for this error. This issue can occur if there is a problem with your ISP. Sometimes, the connectivity problem may lead towards this error. As a result, your Belkin router continuously flashes the orange lights persistently.
If you ever face this issue, you can try to resolve it on your own. But if you cannot, then you must have a look at the probable causes and troubleshooting technique to fix this error.
Potential Causes for Belkin wireless router orange light error
There are many causes for which you can Belkin wireless router orange light error. They are:
- If your Belkin router is overheating, then there is a great chance that you can face this issue.
- If there is a problem with the router set up, then also this error can pop up on your machine
- In case, you have a bad internet connection, sometimes this can be a possible cause for this trouble.
- Sometimes, if the connection from your Belkin router to model is disconnected or loose, then also you may face this problem.
Once, you face this error, then keep an eye on the effective methods to troubleshoot this error in an instant.
Fix Belkin Wireless Router Orange Light Error: Solutions which will help you out
Here we have provided you proven techniques to resolve this issue instantly. Check them out:
Check the physical connection
Let’s start with some basic steps. So, before going to the complicated procedure you need to check the physical connection of your Belkin as well as your system thoroughly. To do so,
- At first, you need to ensure that the modem is connected from the WAN port of the Belkin router via an Ethernet cable.
- You should also check whether your device is connected with the LAN port of the router or not. If not, then connect it through an Ethernet cable.
- You should also disconnect the power cable from the back of your router, after that wait for 10 to 20 seconds. Then plug it again.
Now, you have to wait for at least 5 minutes and, then check if the router light flashing green or not. If it is, then your problem is solved. But unfortunately, if still there is orange light flashing, then don’t panic, walk to the next solution.
Resolve the Mac Cloning Problem
When the modem cannot identify the Belkin router, then, as a result, it will not provide the internet to the router. Therefore, you have to resolve the mac cloning problem. For doing this you need to look at the steps which are given below.
- First, you should connect your modem, router, and machine via the Ethernet cable
- After that, you need to open a browser and type the router’s address 192.168.2.1 within the address bar and then, tap on the Enter button.
- Now, you can see the setup page of the Belkin router, after that, you have to scroll down below and then click on the mac address cloning.
- The next page will ask you for the password, but you should leave it blank
- Finally, you will see the mac cloning option. After that, you need to click on the ‘clone my PC’s mac address’ button and click on the Apply button.
Then, your Belkin router will restart automatically and you should wait for 1 to 2 minutes. If the problem is resolved, then you will see the green light, but unfortunately, if you still face this issue, then move to the next procedure.
If you use an old version of the firmware, then also you may encounter this issue. So, you need to update the firmware. To do this, take a look below:
First, open a web browser and type 192.168.2.1 into the address bar. After that hit the Enter key.
[Note:- The default IP address of the Belkin router is 192.168.2.1. The IP address varies from the router to router.]
In the next page, you can see the login option at the top right corner, and you have to click on that.
Now it will ask you for the password, enter your password, otherwise leave it blank and click on the Submit button.
On the next window, you can see the Utilities section and from there you should click on the Firmware Update button.
Now, click on the Browser button and thereafter, you need to select all the firmware files which you downloaded.
Once you have done with that, then you have to click on the Update option. Now, a confirmation message may show on your screen, you should click on the Yes button.
A warning message will appear on your screen that warns you that you should not reboot your machine during the updating process. You should read it carefully and finally tap on the Ok button. Also, you should not unplug your Belkin router while the updating process is running.
Once the updating process is completed, then you should reboot your computer.
Fix IP Conflict
Are you still dealing with this irritating issue? then have look at this part. Sometimes, if the IP address of your router and modem is same, then this issue may occur. Therefore, you need to check the IP address of these two devices. And if you find that, yes the IP address is same, then you need to change it. So, do the needful after that restart your machine to take the effect of these changes.
Reset the Belkin Router
You have already applied the above solutions, but none of them works for you. Then, we suggest you reset your Belin router and after that see the magic. Therefore, you have to press and hold the Reset button that is located on the back side of your Belkin router for at least one minute and then releases it.
After that, you have to restart your Belkin router and now this issue will not trouble you any more.
Hope this passage was helpful for you to overcome from the Belkin Wireless Router orange light error. In case you have any second thought then share your opinion in the comment section given below.