AVG installation error is a common problem with almost every AVG antivirus users. Sometimes while installing the software you might receive a notification displaying, ‘Sorry we’ve experienced a problem during installation. Please try again’. Also, you may face this issue if you are using any other antivirus software on your computer. Hence, while installing this software this error pops up on your computer. So, the best solution to fix this error is to delete the other antivirus on your computer. However, in this article, we are going to discuss some other easy and effective fixes for the AVG installation error. Hence, go through the entire article thoroughly.
Possible Reasons behind AVG Installation Error:
The main reason behind this error is the use of any incompatible software on your computer. But there are some other reasons as well due to which you might face this error, such as:
- If there is a problem with the registry files of the AVG then you might face problem while installing it.
- Sometimes the system does not have the permissions to install the AVG software.
- If you do not have enough space on the c drive on your computer then you might receive this error.
Try Out the Effective Ways to Fix AVG Installation Error:
After identifying the reasons why you are facing the AVG installation error, it is necessary to fix the issue with the best possible solutions. Thus, go through the below steps to fix AVG installation error instantly:
- Repairing the registry files associated with AVG antivirus.
- Removing the AVG entries from the registry.
- Checking the system permissions.
- Disabling the firewall.
- Deleting the conflicting software.
Method 1: Repairing the Registry Files Associated with AVG Antivirus
If you are facing this error due to the corrupted registry files on your computer then to fix the error you have to repair the registry files at first. Hence, follow the steps to repair the registry files associated with AVG antivirus:
- Press, the Windows key from your keyboard.
- Then, in the Search Panel type ‘command’ and press the CTRL key, Shift key and then Enter key simultaneously from the keyboard to open the Command prompt in Admin mode.
- After that, click on Yes when prompted.
- Next, in the Command Prompt type ‘regedit’ and press the Enter key to open the registry editor.
- Now, in the registry editor select the key related to this error.
- Thereafter, click on Export in the File menu.
- Next, in the Save In list select the folder where you want to save the backup key.
- Then, type a name for the backup file from the File Name.
- Now, verify that the Selected Branch option is checked in the Export Range box and click on Save to save the file with a .reg file extension.
Method 2: Remove the AVG Entries From the Registry
One of the most possible ways to resolve the issue is to remove the AVG entries from the registry. Thus, go through the steps to remove the AVG entries from the registry:
- At first, press the windows key and the letter R together from the keyboard.
- Then, in the run window type ‘regedit’ and press the Enter key to open the registry editor.
- After that, in the registry editor window pinpoint the link: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESSOFTWAREAVG.
- Next, right-click on AVG and click on Delete from the list.
- Finally, close the registry editor to check whether the AVG installation error is fixed.
If by following the steps the error is not resolved then follow the next method.
Method 3: Checking the System Permissions
In some cases, the system does not permit you to install the AVG antivirus. Thus, if you receive this error on your computer then check the system permissions in this way:
- At first, navigate to the AVG installation directory and right-click on it.
- Next, click on Properties from the list of options.
- After that, choose the Security tab and click the Edit option.
- Now, click on SYSTEM and verify whether the Full Control is selected in the Allow column.
- Finally, click on Apply and further click on OK.
Method 4: Disabling the Firewall
Sometimes due to the presence of Firewall on your computer, you might face the problem while installing AVG on your computer. Thus to fix the problem you have to disable the Firewall on your computer. Hence, follow the below steps to disable the Firewall on your computer:
- At first, press the Windows key from the keyboard and click on the Control Panel from left-column.
- Then, select the System and Security option.
- After that, click on Windows Firewall and choose the Turn Windows Firewall on or off option from the left column.
- Next, click on Turn off Windows Firewall(not recommended) to disable the Firewall on your computer.
- Finally, click on OK and exit to the main window.
Method 5: Deleting the Conflicting Software
If the reason behind this error is the use of the conflicting software on your computer. The conflicting software might be some incompatible software or any other antivirus software that you are using on your computer. Thus, go through the steps to delete the conflicting software to resolve the error at the earliest:
- Press, the Windows key from the keyboard and click on Control Panel.
- After that, click on Uninstall a program which is under Program.
- Then, select the conflicting software one by and right-click on them.
- Next, click Uninstall to delete them from your computer.
- After deleting the software\ from your computer try to install the AVG antivirus on your computer and check whether you are facing the installation error.
Thus, by following the aforesaid methods you can easily resolve the AVG installation error easily.
These are very generic solutions. Hence, follow these methods one by one to resolve this issue and make your device error-free. But after following the steps the issue is not resolved then without wasting any time get in touch with an expert.