AVG is one of the best free antivirus software of this global market. It became popular among users due to its extraordinary features as well as the superior protection. However, in reality, it is not always free form technical glitches. You can encounter more than one error code while using this antivirus. AVG 0xc0070643 is one of those common errors you can encounter while using this free antivirus. This is a setup error while trying to install or uninstall the AVG software. It can also crop up when you try to uninstall this program in the control panel.
If you have already faced so and don’t know how to fix it, then try to follow this article. It consist of several guidelines but before focusing in that part at first let’s focus on the error in detail as well as the symptoms which is equally important for you to know.
Well, if you have already faced this error, don’t be frustrated. You can fix it by following a step-by-step guidance from our experts.
Symptoms Behind AVG Error 0xc0070643
This error code may appear in front of you whenever you are trying to install or uninstall a particular antivirus software. You may come across the following situations:
- When this error occurs, it crashes the active installation or uninstallation window.
- You can notice your system freezes and shows an error message “AVG Free Antivirus Error 0XC0070643”.
Due to several reasons, you can encounter this error with your system.
Reasons To Encounter AVG 0xc0070643
For more than one reason, you can come across this error. For instance-
- If you are using a corrupted download of AVG, then you may encounter this error with your AVG.
- It also can happen that, the built-in antivirus software for Windows, which is Windows Defender has mistakenly deleted the important files of AVG.
- You can also encounter this error due to corrupted registry entries of AVG.
- Otherwise, it can happen that, you may get this error due to a bad network connection or it can happen that you are not connected to the internet.
Well, as you get the detailed information about this error, now, let’s solve the same with the help of the guidelines provided below.
Ways To Troubleshoot Error Code AVG 0xc0070643
Using several guidelines you can fix this error on your own. Here experts have provided all of them, try to follow whichever looks convenient for you.
Method 1: Restart Your System
Once you encounter this kind of error,at first, try to restart your system. It will refresh your system and the trouble you are facing with your AVG. After rebooting, try to check the error status. If it persists then go for the next method given below.
Method 2: Make Sure About Internet Connection
It can happen that you are facing AVG error 0xc0070643 due to a bad internet connection. That’s why you can’t install the software. Make sure that you have a stable internet connection and resolve the bug related to the internet connection at first. After that try to check whether the issue is eradicated.
Method 3: Run Windows System File Checker
If the error persists after performing the previous methods, then try to conduct a Windows system file checker to fix this issue automatically. To perform, let’s try the steps given below.
- Press Windows + R to launch the run dialogue box.
- In this dialogue box type “Command” and hit Enter.
- You will be in the command prompt application.
- In the command prompt type, “sfc /scannow” and hit enter to Continue.
After performing the whole process, Windows will start scanning your system files and will fix your issue automatically. It will take some time. So, be patient. Once done, you will be able to get rid out of your doubts. If not then go for the next method given below.
Method 4: Turn Off Windows Defender
You can also encounter this error if the Windows defender refuse to perform its own work. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- To turn off Windows defender, at first, go to the Start button.
- In the Search box type control panel.
- In the control panel Window, you will be able to see an option showing Windows Firewall.
- Click on it.
- Once you invoke in the firewall page, then in the right side of your screen you will be able to see an option name “Turn Windows Firewall On Or Off”.
- Click on that option.
- You will be able to turn off Windows Defender.
Now, try to check the status of the error. If this error persists then move on the next step.
Method 5: Clean Out System Junk
You can also try to clean out your system junk to troubleshoot the issue. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, click on the Start button.
- Navigate to the search box.
- In the search box type “ cmd” and Hit Enter to continue.
- A black box with blinking cursor will appear on your screen.
- In that box type “cleanmgr” and hit ENTER.
- After hitting enter a cleanup process will start.
- It will calculate the disc space and will be back with a list of checkboxes you want to delete.
- Check the boxes which one you want to delete and click OK to continue.
If this error persists, then try to focus on the next method given below.
Method 6: Uninstall And Reinstall AVG
You can also try to uninstall and reinstall AVG antivirus, in order to fix this issue. Follow the guidelines:
To uninstall AVG at first, go to the search bar and follow the instructions given below.
- Go to the search bar and type “ control panel”.
- You will get several search results. Try to choose the most convenient one.
- Once you invoke in the control panel, let’s focus on the Programs and Features option.
- In this window, you will be able to see the installed programs list.
- Right click on the AVG to uninstall it.
- It will take some time.
- Once your system completes the uninstallation process,restart your device.
- Now, visit the official website of AVG and install the latest version of it.
Once done, then check whether you are facing the same situation or not. This time you will be surely able to fix the issue.
In this article, we have walked through the process to fix the AVG 0xc0070643 error. If you need any further guidance, you can simply leave a comment. In the future, if you encounter any other trouble related to your system then stay glued to our website, you will get the troubleshooting posts as per your requirement.